Home

HBO/Gandolfini near deal

Posted By: Just Lou

HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/17/03 03:04 PM

According to today's NY Post, HBO and James Gandolfini have come to a deal which will pay Gandofini slightly more than $1 million per episode, by increasing his take from DVD sales. Gandolfini and HBO talked into the small hours of yesterday morning, in LA. Gandofini is expected to drop his suit against HBO first, so that HBO can say the actor was the first to back down.
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/17/03 03:58 PM

Great. Now get crackin on some new episodes you fuckin varments, you!
Posted By: indeterminate_x

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/17/03 05:01 PM

Gandolfini to back down first my ass. THeyre the ones who paid him. But on a happier note HALLELUIA or however you spell it. Its about time.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/17/03 05:11 PM

I am so glad to hear that!HBO knows that they could never continue the show without Gandolfini.

TIS
Posted By: The Godfather

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/17/03 09:31 PM

Ah, Yes, Bring on Season 5! Lets make it like Season 1 or 2!
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/17/03 09:55 PM

Finally! That's so good to hear! It'll be another year before I see it though!

mick
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/17/03 11:42 PM

woohooooo, GO JIMMY!lol
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/17/03 11:55 PM

Here's a link to the full story.

HBO TO CUT TONY IN ON PIECE OF \'SOPRANO\' ACTION
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/18/03 12:07 AM

Thats great news, Im glad they worked it out.
Posted By: Snake

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/18/03 12:25 AM

Thank Gawd!!
Posted By: Boss_of_bosses

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/18/03 04:03 AM

I just read the Daily news. They said it would start in th end of Fall this year if the 5th season is made
Posted By: Tony D.

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/19/03 10:11 PM

The Boston Herald had story today that JG has dropped his lawsuit as planned and production could start as early as March 30. It also mentioned that the rest of the cast would be paid for the week in delay. No real firm numbers on JG's contract but it looks like they came together somewhere in the middle. It said David Chase has the season opener written and plans to conlclude the series with a 2hr. finale at the end of season 5 (unless of course HBO can talk him into 6).
I read it hardcopy and looked on the website for a link but to no avail. They're sometimes a little late getting stuff to their site.
Posted By: Snake

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/19/03 10:53 PM

Thanks for the update, Tony D. At least it looks like we'll get another season out of ol' Tone.
Posted By: silviodante77

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/20/03 03:26 PM

I read today, that James Gandolfini has signed a deal, and filming for the next series starts in April
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/20/03 03:27 PM

Looks like James G. will hope that many people buy the 5th seasons DVD collection..or he will not make more money!
Hey, at least they are back to work.
Posted By: Boss_of_bosses

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/20/03 04:35 PM

According to the papers, David Chase is making the 5th season the very last. Also "sex and the city" will have one more season. The HBO chief said something about them having 2 news shows to replace "Sopranos" and "sex and the city" by next year since they both will have 1 more season. Afterall "Sopranos" and "Sex and the City" are the biggest shows on HBO currently

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/20/03 04:56 PM

yeah, has anyone watched 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' on hbo? its just being shownm in Britain now. Also 'Six Feet Under', both great shows. very pleased with the sopranos news though.

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/20/03 06:03 PM

Both are very good...this start of the last season of Six Feet Under is getting a bit soft...two much on the weird family and not enought Funeral fun, problems and stories like the first season.
But, of course this is coming from a funeral director, but many I have talked to say the same thing.
'Curb Your Enthusiasm' is great if you just give it a chance to grow on you. Some people don't give it a chance to get rooted...Really funny if you can get that kind of humor...I like it very much!

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/20/03 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boss_of_bosses:
According to the papers, David Chase is making the 5th season the very last. Also "sex and the city" will have one more season. The HBO chief said something about them having 2 news shows to replace "Sopranos" and "sex and the city" by next year since they both will have 1 more season. Afterall "Sopranos" and "Sex and the City" are the biggest shows on HBO currently
First time I heard about Sex in the city comming back. That would be great. I just don't like when they run reruns over and over again... then you don't know if it is a rerun or a new show.

They do that with ER on Thursday nights and it really gets to you after a while. For crying out loud give us a full season.

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/20/03 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CamillusDon:
Both are very good...this start of the last season of Six Feet Under is getting a bit soft...two much on the weird family and not enought Funeral fun, problems and stories like the first season.
But, of course this is coming from a funeral director, but many I have talked to say the same thing.
'Curb Your Enthusiasm' is great if you just give it a chance to grow on you. Some people don't give it a chance to get rooted...Really funny if you can get that kind of humor...I like it very much!
I think Curb Your Enthusiasm is great, Six Feet Under too, I havent seen any of the new series yeh though, shame to hear it might not be as good.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: HBO/Gandolfini near deal - 03/21/03 03:21 AM

This is good. Finally.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET