Home

Season 3?

Posted By: Just Lou

Season 3? - 12/21/02 04:25 AM

The first 2 times that I saw Season 3, I didn't think much of it, except for the classic "Pine Barrens" episode. Now that Season 4 is over, I watched the entire Season 3 over again and really enjoyed it. I think i did because Season 4 was so weak, IMO.
I was just wondering if anyone else agreed.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Season 3? - 12/21/02 02:34 PM

Hi,
Season 3 wasn't bad. I liked the episode with Burt Young as Bobby's father. Joe Pantoliano was funny in many of the episodes especially when he hit George in the eye while quoting Gladiator. Jackie Jr wasn't bad either. Jason Cerbone did an exceptional job playing him. Finally the third season added the character of Johnny Sac. Vincent Curatola should be nominated for an award possibly for his portrayal in season 4. HBO will begin airin all of the episodes starting in February at 8PM EST for anyone interested in watching them.

Paul
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Season 3? - 12/21/02 03:25 PM

The only thing I did not like about season 3 was the first two episode. But other than that I liked season 3.
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: Season 3? - 12/21/02 03:30 PM

The death of actress Nancy Marchand (Livia) is what made for the awkwardness in the firt two episodes of Season Three. They had to tie up the Livia character, which isn't easy with the actress dead!

Season Three was great, other than that.
Posted By: Mardini

Re: Season 3? - 12/21/02 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
Hi,
Season 3 wasn't bad. I liked the episode with Burt Young as Bobby's father. Joe Pantoliano was funny in many of the episodes especially when he hit George in the eye while quoting Gladiator. Jackie Jr wasn't bad either. Jason Cerbone did an exceptional job playing him. Finally the third season added the character of Johnny Sac. Vincent Curatola should be nominated for an award possibly for his portrayal in season 4. HBO will begin airin all of the episodes starting in February at 8PM EST for anyone interested in watching them.

Paul
Hey Paul, are you saying that they will rerun all of the episodes starting with season 1? I hope they do cuz i've only seen a couple of episodes from season 1 and season 2.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Season 3? - 12/21/02 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonPalentino:
The only thing I did not like about season 3 was the first two episode. But other than that I liked season 3.
After rewatching it, you're right. They spent so much time on that stupid lamp, and it went absolutely no where. I also think they underestimated the impact of the "Pine Barrens" episode, and didn't realize it would become such a classic. They should have wrote "The Russian" back into Season 4, and tied up that big lose end. At least mention that he turned up dead, if they didn't want to continue that storyline.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Season 3? - 12/21/02 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mardini:
[quote]Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
[b]Hi,

Paul
Hey Paul, are you saying that they will rerun all of the episodes starting with season 1? I hope they do cuz i've only seen a couple of episodes from season 1 and season 2.[/b][/quote]Hi,
Yes. In February they will start from scratch with the VERY first episode of Sopranos.

Paul
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Season 3? - 01/15/03 09:32 PM

i can now post on threads season 3-related! i thought it was a great series! the best IMO. can't wait to watch season 4, despite hearing mixed reviews. ralphie was a great addition, better than mikey palmice and richie aprile was in seasons 1 and 2 respectively--IMO.

mick
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: Season 3? - 01/20/03 12:18 AM

i like em all , when chris gets made was a good one IMO......
Posted By: Don Sauno

Re: Season 3? - 02/06/03 02:34 AM

I just completed watching Season 3 yesterday. Now, I'll probably have to wait untill July until I can see Seaon 4. Anyone have any DVD information yet? Pine Barrons was probably the best. Great humor and acting. I was surprised that Steve Buschemi didn't act in this one as well. The first few episode were kind of brutal with the rape and Ralph's cold-blooded murder. That was one thing that really dissapointed me. I was really hoping that Ralph would be dead by the end of the season. I also liked his charming Gladiator obsession, and the way the actor was able to portray him as someone who could actually be likeable if you were to just casually meet him. Well, I hope to see some more justice with Season 4 (which I know little about, so if you talk about it in this thread, giving a spoiler warning would be great). I've heard some less then praiseful things about it on the internet and a little bit on SNL's weekend update where Jimmy Fallon stated something like "It was reported that when The Sopranos first aired, it inspired many people to take up therapy. With this season, it inspired many people to be boring."
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET