Home

Envelopes

Posted By: Oblong

Envelopes - 12/17/02 03:28 PM

What's with the Soprano crew and envelopes? Whenever someone hands an envelope over to somebody else, it always looks like it's been crumbled up. Even at weddings and christenings. Can't they afford new ones?

It looks like they got the envelope that their water bill was to be paid with and stuffed it full of cash, then put it in their back pocket and sat all over it.

Just a minor observation.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Envelopes - 12/17/02 03:38 PM

I think the use crumpled envelopes because they are supposed to be carried around, have money stuffed in them, and passed from guy to guy. If Chris is running his bookmaking operation, he probably has a number of different guys doing the collecting, and maybe the envelope has passed through three or four guys before he gets it. And it's not like they're handing gift certificates to Tony, they're handing him cash collected from degenerate gamblers. The crumpled envelopes make more sense.
Posted By: Oblong

Re: Envelopes - 12/17/02 06:46 PM

Watch the wedding scene in season 1, where they realize they are about to be hit with indictments, and the episode in season 2 for AJ's confirmation. Even those envelopes are nasty looking. Knowing the attention to detail, I know it's intentional by the director. I just think it's funny.

Geez, it's going to be a long break until season 5 if I'm complaining about this
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: Envelopes - 12/18/02 05:44 AM

time to watch em all again , i never noticed...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET