Home

Buying Season 1 Tomorrow

Posted By: The Spanish Inquisition

Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/06/02 05:47 AM

I've decided to buy the 1st season after hearing all the good input about the show from everyone here at the board. Once I heard the actor who played "Spider" in Goodfellas was in it, I was sold.

It's going to be the first thing i'm going to tryout on my new TV and DVD Player, so after I finish the necessary hours needed to finish the set, I'll provide my comments about the show.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/06/02 06:05 AM

Congratulations! It's a great purchase. I know that it carries a hefty price tag, but I will promise you that you will LOVE the show and will soon rush out to buy seasons 2 and 3.

Please come back and let us all know what you think of it. Personally, it's my favorite show.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/06/02 10:09 PM

the sopranos and 24 are my fave tv shows. i waited ages until the price come down on season 1 coz i bought season 2 for a bargain but cudnt watch any of it coz i didnt hav season 1! im jus waitin 2 get season 3 for xmas! i cant wait.

u'll adore the show, i kno u will!

mick
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/07/02 02:11 AM

Spanish,

Everyone here is right!! I don't know of anyone who has actually seen the show that doesn't like it. I can honestly say everyone I know who has seen it, loves it. That's gotta say something! Do let us know what you think.

TIS
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/07/02 03:36 AM

The show is very addictive thats for sure
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/07/02 05:08 AM

I watched season 1 in a day, and season 2 probably within 3-4 days. If I could do it all over again, I would try to limit my watching to an episode a day, just so that the newness of the show will last longer.

I must warn you, though, that it is pretty damn hard to just watch one episode when you know you can watch another one by simply pushing another button.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/08/02 10:24 PM

Boy that's the truth Don C.

I borrowed season one from a friend who purchased it. I had all kinds of time to watch it, since he was in no hurry to get it back. However, like you said, it's just a matter of pushing a button. I watched the whole season in one day, only taking time out to eat. It is addictive.

TIS
Posted By: The Spanish Inquisition

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/24/02 07:20 AM

It took me 2 1/2 weeks but i'm finally done.

Very good show. It has fine writing, acting, (the only weak links are Tony's children) directing, etc. At first I was a little dissapointed, I expected a lot more action at the beginning but I soon began to value the humorous moments and interaction between all of the characters (GREAT STUFF between James Gandolfini and Lorraine Bracco). What makes this show even more attractive is that it deals with the current mob and shows us things we haven't seen in previous mob movies. This 1st season isn't perfect though, as there are a a couple filler and weak episodes.

Overall, this 1st season was a great ride, it's mob stuff and I love it.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/24/02 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Spanish,

Everyone here is right!! I don't know of anyone who has actually seen the show that doesn't like it. I can honestly say everyone I know who has seen it, loves it. That's gotta say something! Do let us know what you think.
TIS
I know one person that hates it. My mother. She's in her 70's though, and doesn't like the language or violence.
Posted By: TwelveXprophet

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/26/02 03:12 AM

about how much would a season run me? in canada?
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/26/02 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Corpuzzi:

I must warn you, though, that it is pretty damn hard to just watch one episode when you know you can watch another one by simply pushing another button.
Yeah I agree with you DC when I first got season 2 on DVD I was planning on watching 1 episode per day. Before I knew it I had watched all 13 episodes in one day. I just couldn't put it down.

I just got season 3 for christmas, so far I've only watched the first 2 episodes.

Quote:
I know one person that hates it. My mother. She's in her 70's though, and doesn't like the language or violence.
I know of another person who doesn't like it. My cousins wife, she says it's to graphic for her tastes.
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/26/02 06:20 AM

well i scored my father a DVD for X-mas , now it is time for me to turn him on to the Sopranos , i have the three seasons , cant wait for this to begin , wounder if i can get him to just watch them with me, he is retirering he only has ten more hours of work left , kinda proud of him myself....
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Buying Season 1 Tomorrow - 12/26/02 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by scarface_denver:
well i scored my father a DVD for X-mas , now it is time for me to turn him on to the Sopranos ,
Well I think I may have turned my mom onto the Sopranos. She wants to watch season one, to see what it's like. She doesn't have access to HBO.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET