Home

Best Sopranos Season

Posted By: Nicky TwoTimes

Best Sopranos Season - 11/24/02 09:12 PM

I need some help from you Sopranos experts. I need to know which season of Sopranos would you consider the best. I don't have HBO and have not had the privilege of seeing a lot of episodes so I have missed out. I am going to buy one of the 3 seasons out on DVD. I am sure that they are all great and hope to own all one day, thanks for your help.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 11/24/02 09:20 PM

Well if your going to buy one of three you might as well get the very first one. But IMO the second season was the best.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 11/24/02 11:01 PM

yes i agree definitely buy the 1st season first. this way u wont be wonderin why certain things are happenin in season 2. (i wont go into that ne more in case i give spoilers away.) season 1 is better neway IMO; season 2 doesnt seem 2 hav an ongoin plot as season 1 does, but still flawless.

mick
Posted By: ChrisY2J

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 11/24/02 11:50 PM

I agree with Palentino. Season Two is the best one (so far), but if you're looking to start collecting The Sopranos, you should start with Season One (which is just about as good as the second).
Posted By: Carmela's Granddaughter

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 11/24/02 11:58 PM

Each season has had its moments, but I definitely think you should go ahead and view in chron order, then decide.

And welcome to the boards, Nicky!
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 11/25/02 01:14 AM

Hi,
Season 2 was the best IMHO.

Paul
Posted By: Jonny Lips

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 11/25/02 02:36 AM

I would have to say that Season 2 is the best. The first day I got it, I watched it all nonstop. I always had to see the next episode. But like everyone said, if I were you, I'd buy the first just to get to know how each character is portrayed and the basic story lines. Believe me, each seaon is worth buying! The only bad thing is, all my friends always wants to borrow a season and I dont get it back for a while.

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 11/27/02 07:03 AM

Thanks for the help everyone and thanks for the welcome.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 11/27/02 09:05 AM

Welcome to the board.

Like others have suggested get the seasons in order.

But my personal preference season 2 is by far the best. But season 1 is awfully close.
Posted By: drex

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 12/22/02 01:53 AM

i sugest the first season
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 12/22/02 07:09 AM

I too think that you should start with the first season. It's a really good season and should grab your attention enough so that you can decide whether or not to buy seasons 2 and 3. I watched season 1 in a day, and then season 2 in another couple days (I had to go to work). After that I was hooked and watched seasons 3 and 4 on HBO.

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 12/22/02 06:42 PM

I just got the first season for a graduation present and what a great one it was. I've only watched the first disk and it's as great as I thought it would be and more.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 12/24/02 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicky TwoTimes:
I just got the first season for a graduation present and what a great one it was. I've only watched the first disk and it's as great as I thought it would be and more.
Good choice. Seasons 1 and 2 were really great. Season 3 is good and has it's moments too. You'll probably want to own every season on DVD eventually.
Posted By: TwelveXprophet

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 12/26/02 03:09 AM

hands down, one
it was just such a new thing to me when it came out, new and exciting... maybe not in retrospect, but it gave me the most thrill at the time

buy #1!!!!
Posted By: Uncle Ken

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 12/27/02 05:11 PM

I was told by co-workers that if you liked the Godfather saga you would like the Sopranos. I got HBO only to watch this show. You've got to be kidding ... it should be on during the daytime with the rest of the other soap operas.
Posted By: Sonnys Gumar

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 12/27/02 05:17 PM

Welll. Ok I watched the Sopranos before I watched the GF trilogy and I love the Sopranos, that having been said it IS much fluffier but also more obviously and less stylishly violent then the GF movies.
I watched the Sopranos seasons 1-3 in one week, my husband and I watched it every waking minute for days on end in preperation for the 4th season starting and having watched them all so close together you can see the show evolving from crude to stylish from the first season to the second and then a lot more music began being used for the third season.
I agree, second season was the best and juciest overall. Fourth season seems stretched thin like they're drawing everyting out longer trying to make smaller plot lines more significant.

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 12/30/02 12:08 AM

ive just started watchin series 3, which i got 4 xmas, and so far this is my favourite season. since i last posted saying i liked season 1 better, ive watched series 2 AGAIN and hav decided i like this series better, by a whisker though! the only thing i didnt like about series 2 was palmice wasnt in it (but richie aprile was!) and livia didnt hav as much a core role as in the 1st.

mick

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 12/31/02 12:43 AM

I finished watching the first season and it was great. I had to have the second so I used a christmas gift card to buy season two on dvd. I started it tonight. It just keeps getting better. I got to catch up with the storyline.
Posted By: The Godfather

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/01/03 03:54 AM

I have only seen the first season and finished up the finale tonight. (I got the DVDs for Christmas) And, I think the show is great. But, Yes, from what I hear, Season 2 is better.

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/03/03 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Godfather:
But, Yes, from what I hear, Season 2 is better.
i'm not sure about this. i definitely liked series 2 the 2nd time i watched it. but i like series 1 overall simply because i like the finale better. tony's power is exressed for the firste time when he gets the "job" done behind junior's back. palmice's kiling is great.

mick

ps. nicky two times, what episode are you up to? are you enjoying season 2 better than season 1?

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/03/03 08:00 AM

Quote:
I have only seen the first season and finished up the finale tonight. (I got the DVDs for Christmas) And, I think the show is great. But, Yes, from what I hear, Season 2 is better.
Welcome to the board, Godfather. I am really surprised that no one took this name until now!

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/03/03 09:08 PM

LoL, thanks for welcoming me Don Corpuzzi and yes, I'm very suprised too =)

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/03/03 09:09 PM

Btw, Don in your signature, what season/episode is that line in?

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/04/03 02:27 AM

Quote:
Btw, Don in your signature, what season/episode is that line in?
SEASON 3 SPOILER!!!!!

its in season 3 episode 3 (ithink wjen christopher gets made)

mick

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/05/03 04:39 AM

What's up Capo. I have watched all the second season up to the last two episodes which I will finish this weekend. I would say that it is a tie so far for the first and second season to me. I am loving both.

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/05/03 09:33 PM

Yeah, the quote in my sig is from season 3. Christopher is by far my favorite character. I don't condone the drug use, but he's really interesting and anyone who gets to have sex with Adriana LaCerva is a good guy in my book!

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/15/03 09:35 PM

Nicky, are you finished both seasons yet? which one do u like the best? ive just finished 3 (see my thread for my reaction)

mick

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 01/17/03 05:27 AM

Hey Capo, I finished season one and two a week or two ago. I loved them both equally. They blend in so well with each other. I got to get the third season on dvd now.

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 02/23/03 11:42 PM

NTT, how much have you watched of season 3? i hope you like it as much as i do! the best so far!

mick

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 02/24/03 01:35 AM

Hey Capo, I need to get the third season. I haven't got a chance to check it out. I can't wait. How far have you gotten through it?

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 02/24/03 10:51 AM

i've finished it and watched Pine Barrens episode six times!! you'll know why when you see it. season 3 is the best IMO, haven't seen 4 yet though, it hasn't arrived on normal TV over here.

mick
Posted By: indeterminate_x

Re: Best Sopranos Season - 03/04/03 03:21 AM

Seasons one and two were definately the best. I kind of missed Chris's aspirations of screenwriting in season three.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET