Home

Tony Sirico's Health

Posted By: Just Lou

Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 03:37 AM

I read in the news today that The National Enquirer is reporting that Tony Sirico is dying of cancer, but Tony denies it. The National Enquirer says it's standing by the story.
...I hope it isn't true, but it could explain why we haven't seen much of him in Season 4.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 04:38 AM

I read somewhere else that the reason Sirico is on ice for this season is because he needed "an operation." Newspaper story didn't say what the operation was for, though.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 10:17 AM

Gutted. Season 4 isn't on over here till next month but we really don't get to see much of him in it? That's a damn shame. He's one of the funniest characters ever created and played excellently by Sirico.
Posted By: Wiseguy_1872

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 10:35 AM

This is a real shame.

Paulie is my second favourite character, after Chris of course! I had him as my avator for a while. I got so much admiration for Tony Sirico and for the insider knowledge that he brings to the show.

Whatever, the truth about Tony's situation, I want to wish him well and hope to see him back in full health and doing his thing as soon as possible.

P.S. Turi - What channel will Season 4 be on here in Blighty?? Thanks, mate.

I don't have cable so I hope it's on Channel 4. They started showing the repeats of Season 3 on Channel 4 last night, it was on at 11.40 pm, but is an hour later next week!!! My video recorder is nearly the same age as me, I am 26, it's 19 - and can no longer record from the TV!!Even for a well know insomniac like me the repeats' timing may prove a problem.

P.S - I hate the National Enquirer
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 11:18 AM

Sorry mate, but I think it's gonna be shown on E4 first. You might be waiting a little longer. Don't hold me to that though, i'm not definate.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 12:06 PM

Hi,
I read at another forum that it has to do with his Brain. A tumor or something. I hope the report is one big fat lie. I like Tony as an actor and after all the character has my name, Paul.

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
Hi,
I read at another forum that it has to do with his Brain. A tumor or something. I hope the report is one big fat lie. I like Tony as an actor and after all the character has my name, Paul.
I'll have to try and get a copy of the news article.
I believe that the Natonal Enquirer claims he cancer of the mouth and throat from smoking, but Tony says it's 100% false and he quit smoking. He said he is getting minor surgery on his mouth, but it is not cancer.

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 07:37 PM

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 07:44 PM

Hi,
I did find out that supposedly he had a tumor on his spine removed and that is why filming was delayed.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/27/02 07:48 PM

I read the same thing But I think its all bullshit. Anything that comes frome The National Enquirer is all crap.
Posted By: Wiseguy_1872

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/28/02 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Palentino

Anything that comes frome The National Enquirer is all crap.

Quote:
Wise words Don Palentino.

This is my opinion of the The National Enquirer:
Posted By: Snake

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/29/02 12:49 AM

I don't know...While "rag" magazines like the Enquirer tell bald-faced lies, a lot of times they print half-truth stories. Based on that and based on Turnbull's saying that he heard about Sirico having an operation from a different source, there may be at least some legitimate question concerning his health. Man, I hope not. The show wouldn't be the same, to say nothing of losing a fairly good actor. But to quote Peter Seller's character, Chancey Gardener, in Being There, "It happens to all people."
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/29/02 04:44 AM

One of the online entertainment forums reported that Sirico was hoppin' effin' mad at the Enquirer for reporting that he had cancer. He says he had an operation to remove a defective saliva gland, then one for a cyst on his spine, now he needs a hernia operation.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/29/02 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
One of the online entertainment forums reported that Sirico was hoppin' effin' mad at the Enquirer for reporting that he had cancer. He says he had an operation to remove a defective saliva gland, then one for a cyst on his spine, now he needs a hernia operation.
Now that's probably the real scoop. I hope Sirico sues their asses off!
Posted By: Henry Hill

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/29/02 01:11 PM

With the background he has, Tony Sirico may still know plenty of people in wiseguy circles. Watch the news for when the Enquirer editorial team are found in pieces in the back of a garbadge truck.

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/29/02 02:30 PM

Hi,
Welcome to the board Henry.

Paul

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/29/02 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Here's a link to a good article on it:

Tony Sirico whacks cancer story

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 09/29/02 07:54 PM

Nice artical thanks lou.

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 10/02/02 09:07 PM

Hi,
Tony was supposed to go for a Hernia operation this week. Has anyone heard any news?

Paul
Posted By: Aberdeen Fascisti

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 10/06/02 11:17 PM

I'm absolutely gutted by this news. I have been eagerly anticipating series4 for ages which is coming on over here very soon.

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 10/06/02 11:57 PM

Hi,
Season 4 was filmed already and Tony has had limited appearances.

Paul

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 10/07/02 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
Hi,
Season 4 was filmed already and Tony has had limited appearances.

Paul
Which sucks big time because hes one of the funnest guys on the show!
Posted By: howardsternisgod

Re: Tony Sirico's Health - 10/07/02 05:56 AM

Fuck yeah, man, he is one of the funniest guys on the show and my favorite character! He'll pull through, whatever it is! I hope we start seeing more of him on the show too.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET