Home

3rd Season DVD Owners

Posted By: Don_oF_Miami

3rd Season DVD Owners - 09/12/02 05:04 PM

Ok. Heres something some of you may or may not have noticed. Look closer at the scene with Tony & Lyvia Soprano on disc1 episode2. You may see something thats really not there.

I didnt catch on to this right away althought I did notice something seemed *familiar* from earlier episodes. Let me know when you realize what Im talking about.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: 3rd Season DVD Owners - 09/12/02 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don_oF_Miami:
Ok. Heres something some of you may or may not have noticed. Look closer at the scene with Tony & Lyvia Soprano on disc1 episode2. You may see something thats really not there.

I didnt catch on to this right away althought I did notice something seemed *familiar* from earlier episodes. Let me know when you realize what Im talking about.
I think that most people knew that Nancy Marchand
had already died before Season 3, and the whole scene was "pieced together".
Posted By: Snake

Re: 3rd Season DVD Owners - 09/12/02 06:10 PM

I thought that was really cheesy. They could've omitted the scene and just shown Tony discussing Livia's airline ticket testimony coming up at trial with Carmella, his lawyer, or whoever. If the purpose was to show us Tony's last words with his mother, it could've been re-told by Tony to whoever at the funeral. But the way they chose to do it was really unimaginative and completely transparent. It reminded me of the "Einsteins" who tried to complete Bruce Lee's project, Game of Death, after Bruce had passed on. Actual footage from that film amounted to something like 15%. The rest of it was long shots of other actors, and clips of Bruce from previous flicks. It was sooooo bad, man. The only one I can think of that was completed posthumously and done tastefully was The Crow (starring Bruce's son, Brandon), and even in that there was little that had to be done.
Posted By: Don_oF_Miami

Re: 3rd Season DVD Owners - 09/12/02 07:01 PM

Snake:
I agree. Ive never been a fan of superimposed effects.

Just Lou:
I did know about Nancys death but I had no idea they did this to finish Tonys last words with his mom.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: 3rd Season DVD Owners - 09/12/02 07:15 PM

Hi,
I read an article that said that the stand in for Nancy Marchand had a wig on that didn't match Nancy's hair color. I can overlook this point when I watch the show. Nancy was one of the highlights of the show.

Paul
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: 3rd Season DVD Owners - 09/15/02 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don_oF_Miami:
Snake:
I agree. Ive never been a fan of superimposed effects.

Just Lou:
I did know about Nancys death but I had no idea they did this to finish Tonys last words with his mom.
I think the scene was a plus, and laid out the best they could. It brings back Nancy one last time, and adds closure to the character.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET