Home

Hi Res. Photos now available for download

Posted By: Just Lou

Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/19/05 09:35 PM

I put all the photos of the "Corleone Compound" in an online album. You can download thumbnails, lowresolution 640x480, or very high resolution 2032x1524 versions of the pictures. To access them, go to the link below, which will take you to the thumbnails. If you want the larger pictures, you need to enter the access password "corleone", after you click on the thumbnails. Then you can download any size you like. These are the untouched photos, so some came out a little dark. You may want to lighten them a little if you have a decent Photoshop type program. Enjoy.

http://www.picjar.com/pub/godfather/Godfather/
Posted By: svsg

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 05:03 AM

Thanks Just Lou, one of your photos is my Wallpaper now, it looks great!

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 09:05 AM

Originally posted by svsg:
Thanks Just Lou, one of your photos is my Wallpaper now, it looks great!
Cool. You're welcome. When the winter is over, I'm going to hit NYC and take pictures of all the sites I can find. Then I'll post them along with what they looked like when the movie was filmed. smile
Posted By: RizzoInTheBox

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 09:08 AM

After seeing the Mercedes Benz and Cadillac outside, does it seem far fetched that someone in the Mafia might own it? rolleyes

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 09:23 AM

Originally posted by RizzoInTheBox:
After seeing the Mercedes Benz and Cadillac outside, does it seem far fetched that someone in the Mafia might own it? rolleyes
The Cadillac is mine! cool I enlarged that picture and it now hangs in my living room. grin
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 10:24 AM

Thanx, Just Lou! Great pics.
And your car is cool! smile
BTW, How about travelling to lake Tahoe? smile

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 10:44 AM

Originally posted by JustMe:
Thanx, Just Lou! Great pics.
And your car is cool! smile
BTW, How about travelling to lake Tahoe? smile
Most of the Tahoe site has been replaced by condos, and it's private property. I believe the boathouse is still there, and visible from the lake though. I'll stick to NY anyway. I live 10 miles from NYC. smile
Posted By: SC

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 11:10 AM

Originally posted by Just Lou:
When the winter is over, I'm going to hit NYC and take pictures of all the sites I can find.
I had done a mini-safari some time back and posted the pics in a few threads. Sadly, only one of those threads remains, but here's a link to it:

"LOOK FAMILIAR?" THREAD

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 11:19 AM

Originally posted by SC:
[b] When the winter is over, I'm going to hit NYC and take pictures of all the sites I can find.
I had done a mini-safari some time back and posted the pics in a few threads. Sadly, only one of those threads remains, but here's a link to it:

"LOOK FAMILIAR?" THREAD [/b]
Nice pictures. One question about 128 Mott. Is "Genco Olice Oil" still painted on the 2nd floor window? I read that it was still visible.

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 11:32 AM

Originally posted by SC:
"LOOK FAMILIAR?" THREAD
I was reading some of the posts in that thread, and one person mentions "Clemenza's" House. The real Clemenza, Richard Castellano, lived and died in my hometown of North Bergen. He lived 12 blocks from me and I never knew it. I knew he was from North Bergen, but never knew where. I lived on 78th St. and he lived on 90th St. I also just found out that when he died, he was laid out in a funeral home owned by family friends. Oh well. I thought it was interesting. wink

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 11:36 AM

One question about 128 Mott. Is "Genco Olice Oil" still painted on the 2nd floor window? I read that it was still visible.
I don't know. I didn't see it when I visited, but I wasn't looking for it. I had a few pics of the entire building but I (stupidly) deleted all those pics I didn't post.

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 11:46 AM

Originally posted by SC:
[b] One question about 128 Mott. Is "Genco Olice Oil" still painted on the 2nd floor window? I read that it was still visible.
I don't know. I didn't see it when I visited, but I wasn't looking for it. I had a few pics of the entire building but I (stupidly) deleted all those pics I didn't post. [/b]
That's what I read when searching for Godfather location addresses, but it could be old info. If I go, I'll make sure to take pictures of it.

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 11:56 AM

If I go, I'll make sure to take pictures of it.
Whats this "IF" crap? tongue

A photo walking tour of Little Italy is a great way to spend an afternoon. Between "The Godfather" filming locations and the real-life infamous mob locations you'll be able to get plenty of pics. And then there are all those good and cheap Chinese restaurants!
Posted By: chenille

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 12:45 PM

hey why not go to Sicily ..pictures are great..another reason to pop GF in my vcr and watch it again...my husband figures Ive seen it well over 50 times...but there is always something new to watch..I was in Staten Island a few months ago..If I knew then that the house was there I would have been there too!!!

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 02:34 PM

Originally posted by SC:
[b] If I go, I'll make sure to take pictures of it.
Whats this "IF" crap? tongue
[/b]
Ok,Ok....But not until the weather hits at least 70
degrees!
smile

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/20/05 02:36 PM

Originally posted by chenille:
hey why not go to Sicily ..
Maybe everyone can take up a collection, and send me there! Sounds like a good cause, and I promise to come back with a gigabyte of pictures. grin

Re: Hi Res. Photos now available for download - 01/24/05 09:28 PM

Just bumping this up in case anyone still wants these
pictures. I'm beta testing the server, and I don't know how long they will allow me to keep them on it. The high resolution images are quite large. Again, the password is "corleone" to get the larger images.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET