Home

Who do you think would be...

Posted By: Lollygagers12

Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 12:22 AM

My question here is, who do you think would be vito's consigilere (after Genco) if Tom Hagen had not been adopted? I mean if Sonny had not found Hagen on the streets and brough him in, then who would have taken over as consigilere???
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 01:56 AM

Originally posted by Lollygagers12:
My question here is, who do you think would be vito's consigilere (after Genco) if Tom Hagen had not been adopted? I mean if Sonny had not found Hagen on the streets and brough him in, then who would have taken over as consigilere???
Excellent question!

I don't really see any of the other characters that Vito was surrounded by becoming a consigliere to him.

Sonny... too hot headed.
Fredo...well, you know.
Clemenza...a loyal worker who only follows orders.
Luca....no way.

The only two other people that could have qualified as Vito's consigliere's would be Michael or Tessio. But at the time of Genco's death, Mike wanted nothing to do with the family business. Tessio is more of a thinker and a calculating person next to the other characters mentioned above, so I would say that he would be best qualified ( next to Micahel ) out of all the characters listed above.

Maybe I forgot someone else.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 02:01 AM

DC- if there was no Tom then wouldn't Vito have gone out and found someone (like Mike with Al) to handle all of the legal troubles etc... so it probably wouldn't have been someone in the movie

Just my $.02
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 03:13 AM

Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
DC- if there was no Tom then wouldn't Vito have gone out and found someone (like Mike with Al) to handle all of the legal troubles etc... so it probably wouldn't have been someone in the movie

Just my $.02
How do you think that he would have done that? By taking an add out in the papaer? lol J/J.
Good point!

Actually Vito wound up being Mike's consigliere, and then Tom really still played a major part for Mike. But yes, when Genco became ill, I am sure that Vito would have searched for someone within the family and groomed the best one for the job, the way he did Tom.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 03:34 AM

How do you think that he would have done that? By taking an add out in the papaer? [LOL] J/J.
Good point!
Why else would he have all them on his payroll???? lol
Posted By: Don Schulini

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 08:18 AM

I think there would be no consigliere at first. Or there would be somebody written into the storyline, a sicilian lawyer or something.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 12:13 PM

We read in the book that Vito sent brilliant boys from poor Italian families at his expense to college, and later they were becoming attorneys, judges etc. I think he had a choice among them.
Posted By: Don V. Corleone

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 12:41 PM

Michael....most probably
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 01:13 PM

Originally posted by JustMe:
We read in the book that Vito sent brilliant boys from poor Italian families at his expense to college, and later they were becoming attorneys, judges etc. I think he had a choice among them.
But Vito never wanted for them to get involved in there buisness,that why he sent them to college.

I think that could have coped alone without a "Advisor/Councellor" smile
Posted By: Don Schulini

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 01:13 PM

Originally posted by Don V. Corleone:
Michael....most probably
Don't think so, Michael didn't wanted to do anything with the family business at that time.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 03:19 PM

I would have to go with Tessio. Vito trusted him and admired him for his intelligence, so if we had to choose from the existing characters, I think he would best fit the role.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Who do you think would be... - 01/07/05 09:52 PM

I would say Tessio, but in the long run Vito would be trying to get Sonny calmed down to the point where he could take over. Tessio wasnt exactally a young man.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET