Home

Comedy of Errors

Posted By: Chancre

Comedy of Errors - 12/05/04 06:35 PM

Once again, I'll play the devil's advocate for the sake of argument. Let us begin ...

Last night, I watched part III again. [ ohwell ] While it gets a little better with age, one thing still bugs me --->

Now maybe it is just me, but does anyone else notice the change in Michael? Does he seem a little too happy with himself, sarcastic , constantly delivering one liners under his breath, and cracking jokes?

The DVD should have come with a rim-shot option on the soundtrack to underscore all the failed jokes.

Who is Michael playing to? Why all the comedy? Where's the beef, sir? questions, Questions, QUESTIONS! rolleyes
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/05/04 09:55 PM

Yes, at times in GFIII Michael does seem a bit too witty. But I think that FFC wanted to show us that with Michael getting a bit older, he was trying to become a changed man. Here was a man that was once a witty person ( as we see in the beginning of GFI in many of the early scenes when he was courting Kay) who had grown cold and as a result lost his family because of his change. Now he is much older, has acheived success for the family buisness and is now looking to recapture not only the love of his family, but the love that he once had within himself. That is what I believe that FFC was trying to convey to the veiwer.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/05/04 11:51 PM

The first time I saw Part III, the biggest problem I had was the physical change in Michael. The spiked hair, the croaky voice... It's not the zombie we saw in Part II.

Mick
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 12:25 AM

I had never noticed that but now that you mentioned I kinda agree. I also agree that it was a FFC's intention to make Michael look different from the end of Part II, but it does look a little artificial.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 05:03 AM

But the change was out of character for michael. They made him look so happy( and clownish mad ), what was with michael holding the knife against his neck when talking to kay !!
Even Attobello and connie looked more dangerous than michael grin
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 05:26 AM

Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
I had never noticed that but now that you mentioned I kinda agree. I also agree that it was a FFC's intention to make Michael look different from the end of Part II, but it does look a little artificial.
I can only speak for what my father told me, he said that that is the way Pacino looked around the time he was filming the movie. That if he wasn't filming the movie he would look that way anyway- but I don't know.

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 05:28 AM

Even Kay scoffed at the knife trick. What the hell! It seems like they were improving thru most of the scenes and letting Al get away with all kinds of uncanny little things. I'm seriously going to find some way of putting a laugh track on this one.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 05:42 AM

Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
[b] I had never noticed that but now that you mentioned I kinda agree. I also agree that it was a FFC's intention to make Michael look different from the end of Part II, but it does look a little artificial.
I can only speak for what my father told me, he said that that is the way Pacino looked during the movie. That if he wasn't filming the movie he would look that way anyway- but I don't know. [/b]
DonMichaelCorleone,was your father involved in making GF3? I didn't understand your reply confused
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 05:45 AM

No he wasn't involved in the movie. In other words there was no real "makeup" done to make him look the way he did. The hair and all that was the way he looked even if there was no movie to be filmed.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 06:03 PM

Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
The first time I saw Part III, the biggest problem I had was the physical change in Michael. The spiked hair, the croaky voice... It's not the zombie we saw in Part II.

Mick
I agree - the haircut was not an image someone would conjure up about how a Don should look. Pacino had a Don Johnson/Miami Vice haircut for some unknown reason. Unfortunately for Al Pacino, there's nothing to do about the voice. Al smoked too much and it greatly altered his voice. If you notice, his character even turns down a cigarette from Joey Zasa, which is something that he would have never done in I or II.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 06:58 PM

I really hardly can find anything in the GF3 that would not seem artifical, clownish, cheap and absolutely out of character. (Not only Michael's.) Pityful sight. mad I will not repeat the poems I wrote recently about this movie, don't be afraid wink . They are comfortable in their places. I only want to say that I can't imagine what can you see in this movie that could justify its existence . Except the money paid for it... mad
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 08:11 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to dismiss its existence, JustMe, but I can understand why so many people dislike (or even loathe) Part III. It improves with time and repeated viewings, I assure you.

Mick
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 08:27 PM

It improves with time and repeated viewings, I assure you.

But it does not improve with repeated thinkings... smile Really. Especially if you consider the original characters created in the novel. Then even "modern" part of GF2 may seem not equally superior work, with some faults in logic. And GF3-a total violation of logic.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 11:05 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to dismiss its existence, JustMe, but I can understand why so many people dislike (or even loathe) Part III. It improves with time and repeated viewings, I assure you.

Mick
I to think that,the worst thing is the immobrillia! deal,but it is a decent film worth watching.

Re: Comedy of Errors - 12/06/04 11:28 PM

Alright, already, let us stop bashing the GFIII. I think the original intent has been lost.

Christ on a stick - who ever started this topic must be a real ass. wink
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET