Home

Best Locations

Posted By: DE NIRO

Best Locations - 11/12/04 01:12 PM

The Best Location for me is the scenes in Sicily, that country is so beautiful,yet so violant.

What is Your's?
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Best Locations - 11/12/04 01:40 PM

I like the scenes in Michael's house in Nevada. I love the scenery at night around the water.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Best Locations - 11/12/04 03:39 PM

The Havana sequences, because they're so absolutely authentic-looking. A tribute to FFC's fanatical attention to detail.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Best Locations - 11/12/04 08:58 PM

Sicily, hands down. Everytime I watch GF, I want to hop an Alitalia flight immediately.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Best Locations - 11/12/04 09:47 PM

Geez, why do these tough questions always come up? If I really had to choose, I'd have to go with Sicily, with Havana running a very close second.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Best Locations - 11/12/04 09:51 PM

The Lake Tahoe house during the winter, and Sicily.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Best Locations - 11/12/04 10:04 PM

FFC is a genius at making things look authentic.

Personally, I liked all the wedding scenes. I have an big, ethnic family like that, and I can tell you Coppola portrays those weddings to the exact.
Posted By: Marco the Gent

Re: Best Locations - 11/13/04 01:36 AM

The Lake Tahoe scenes are some of my favorites as well as some of the New York scenes from Vito's past
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Best Locations - 11/13/04 03:27 AM

Originally posted by Letizia B.:
The Lake Tahoe house during the winter.
Yes! You can actually feel the "chilliness"(is that a word?)and its exactly like Michael at that time in the movie.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Best Locations - 11/13/04 05:12 AM

definitely scenes from sicily, especially when michael asks "where are all the men gone?" and some communist posters are seen on the high walls.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Best Locations - 11/13/04 01:10 PM

My favorite is New York City in the flashbacks of Part II.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Best Locations - 11/18/04 12:59 AM

i like the Sicily scenes, there quite nice. that guy who ones that tahoe house is one lucky man.

Re: Best Locations - 11/22/04 10:21 PM

Has any been to these parts in particular?
Posted By: Don Giaccotto

Re: Best Locations - 12/08/04 09:01 PM

I mostly like the scenes in Sicily. Especially the scenes at the family house (actually a castle). And yes, I've visitted (almost) all places in Sicily. Also that particular castle, and that is very special cause it belongs to a family who don't let tourists in. This family was also living there when the 3 parts of GF were shot there.
I have pictures from the castle and the place where Apollonia got killed in the car.

Here is one:

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Locations - 12/08/04 09:46 PM

Originally posted by Don Giaccotto:
Here is one:

[Linked Image]
That picture is awesome.

Re: Best Locations - 12/08/04 10:33 PM

Another one --> the church where Michael and Appolonia got maried. A few hundred meters away from Bar Vitelli.

[Linked Image]

and bar Vitelli one year ago:

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Locations - 12/08/04 10:41 PM

Great pictures.

any more smile
Posted By: Chancre

Re: Best Locations - 12/08/04 11:50 PM

New York!
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Best Locations - 12/09/04 01:15 AM

I love all the NYC stuff in the flashback scenes in Part II. It just looked fantastic.

Re: Best Locations - 12/09/04 02:54 AM

Originally posted by Don Giaccotto:
I mostly like the scenes in Sicily. Especially the scenes at the family house (actually a castle). And yes, I've visitted (almost) all places in Sicily. Also that particular castle, and that is very special cause it belongs to a family who don't let tourists in. This family was also living there when the 3 parts of GF were shot there.
I have pictures from the castle and the place where Apollonia got killed in the car.

Here is one:

[Linked Image]
Then how did you get this picture if they dont let tourists in?

Re: Best Locations - 12/09/04 08:48 AM

I was looking with some friends for a filming-location in a little village in Sicily. I knew some scenes where shot there. So I walked into an old bar and asked those men there if they knew something about the Godfather (il Padrino). One of them said he knew a location where the film was shot, but he didn't know what scene it was. So he stepped into our car and we drove to that place. From the street we only saw a big fence, but looking through it we saw the "holy house" cool .
We rang the door bell but one of the house-maids told us we couldn't come in. The owner didn't want any tourists. At that point the man of the bar spoke to the woman and she went to get the owner. The men knew each other! So then it wans't a problem anymore. We took a lot of pictures and also saw the inside of the castle. We also spoke to the owner about the filming. This was a realy cool experience!

I will put more pictures of our trip online, but I first have to finish my godfather-tour page.

A last one: Theatro Massimo in Palermo. This is where Mary got killed on the steps at the end of part 3.

[Linked Image]

Ciao!
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Best Locations - 12/09/04 08:55 AM

Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
Personally, I liked all the wedding scenes. I have an big, ethnic family like that, and I can tell you Coppola portrays those weddings to the exact.
Yeah, I like those scenes too, prodigiously. Not only because of their beauty, but because of the mood created there. smile
Don Giaccotto, you got there? You must be 007! smile

Re: Best Locations - 12/09/04 09:27 AM

Yep! 007 grin
Do you see the man with the yellow polo? That's me! cool
Posted By: SC

Re: Best Locations - 12/09/04 10:11 AM

GREAT pictures, Don Giaccotto, thanks a lot for posting them!

Welcome to the boards.
Posted By: DutchGodfather

Re: Best Locations - 12/09/04 03:22 PM

New to the board, Pardon me for my bad English! smile

I really love the scenes shot in Sicily especcialy those in Corleone. The marriage between Michael and Apollonia, The bar Owned by Vitelli.

I told my girlfriend that our next vacation will be in Sicily! grin
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET