Home

Pacino Fans Question

Posted By: Tom

Pacino Fans Question - 10/14/04 01:55 AM

Okay obviously if you're a Pacino fan you like any Pacino movie,but do you enjoy watching his earlier movies such as "Dog Day Afternoon" &
"The Godfather",or later movies like "Donnie Brasco" & "Scent of a Women"?Personally I'll always know him with his godfather part one voice.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/14/04 02:24 AM

This should probably be in the Gen. Discussion forum, but......I prefer his older roles, becuase most of his later work isnt all that great.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/14/04 02:30 AM

I liked him in the movie he was in recently when he was a crooked cop and he gets shot at the end. I liked that one.

I wasn't around for his earlier roles but what I've seen of them I like the earlier ones better.
Posted By: sicilianspider

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/14/04 03:00 AM

Are you talking about The Recruit? It was ok with Colin Ferell as the other main character but still a bit too bitter overall..

I detested S1m0ne also... total nonsense. Just a sap film. His films when he was younger show the only real Al Pacino that I respect.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/14/04 10:31 AM

is early work is good.is first film panic in picnic park is good
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/14/04 10:39 AM

is early work is best.is first film panic in picnic park is good
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/14/04 04:02 PM

Originally posted by DE NIRO:
is early work is best.is first film panic in picnic park is good
Are you referring to The Panic in Needle Park? That work was incredible. My mom told me that place was for real in the 70's
Posted By: LOC

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/14/04 04:21 PM

No doubt, Pacino's best work came in the 70s when his voice wasn't scratchy and his acting was more subtle. GF I, II and Dog Day Afternoon are 3 of the greatest performances in movie history(a shame he didn't win an Oscar for a single one of these). Then there's Serpico and And Justice for All. He recieved Oscar nominations for both.

Other good post 70s performances: Scarface, Scent Of A Woman, Glengarry Glen Ross, Carlito's Way, Donnie Brasco and Insomnia.

Pacino is one of the 5 greatest actor of ALL-TIME.
Posted By: maryb

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/15/04 12:03 AM

DonMichaelCorleone, I think the movie that you liked was Serpico. I liked that movie too if thats what you meant.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/15/04 12:06 AM

Originally posted by maryb:
DonMichaelCorleone, I think the movie that you liked was Serpico. I liked that movie too if thats what you meant.
I saw it last night it was Insomnia or something like that.......

He was also in gigli lol

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/15/04 01:50 AM

giggly..ugh,bad movie
Posted By: Patches

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/15/04 02:20 AM

Ah, Pacino (who was looking very nice at the Emmy's I may add wink ). His older roles are the best. But I do find some of the newer movies I have seen with him are very entertaining. But we all know his most defining roles were The Godfather Trilogy.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/15/04 04:21 AM

Unfortunately I haven't seen alot of Pacino movies. I really liked Scent of a woman and the Godfather of course. I need to go to blockbuster and rent some of his other movies.
Posted By: Busta

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/16/04 04:50 PM

His latest work was very good in Angels in America which he won a golden globe for. I do agree though that The Godfather I and II, Dog Day Afternoon, and Scarface were his best performances. I like Scent of a Woman a lot also. He's not that old yet, I have a feeling he'll make another great one or two when it's all said and done.

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/16/04 09:17 PM

angels in america was good but it was kinda weird
Posted By: Donfanucci

Re: Pacino Fans Question - 10/18/04 10:05 PM

I would have to say that The Devil's Advocate was a great film. That Panic in needle park was great also.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET