Home

Godfather, the novel.

Posted By: RizzoInTheBox

Godfather, the novel. - 10/08/04 05:03 AM

I almost bought it tonight, but I wasn't sure if it covers all of the movies or just the 1st?
Posted By: SC

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/08/04 05:16 AM

Buy it! Read it!

It covers mostly the first movie, but has a fair amount going into the flashback scenes of Part II also.

The novel runs long in some parts that weren't covered by the movies (ie. Sonny's lover, Lucy Mancini, and Johnny Fontaine's lifestyle), but you'll also enjoy reading some of the background stuff about the Family and its characters.
Posted By: Frankie Graziano

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/08/04 03:24 PM

Buy it. It's a great novel. I had to read it for my Discover New York, and I finsihed it in 3 days. I'm not a big reader, so that's a record for me. But anyway it's a great book.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/09/04 01:16 AM

I really recommend reading this book. It adds so much to the storyline and the character backgrounds. I loved the book even more than the movie. It explains in details the rational behind Don Vito's decision making process, Sonny's affair, and Al Neri. It is a little different.
Posted By: maryb

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/09/04 01:16 AM

I got the book and when I started reading it I couldn't stop it was really intesting and it went into alot more detail then the movie did. I loved it and I read it 3 timed this summer. I'm also reading parts of it right now.
Posted By: jackson81

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/09/04 07:16 PM

Possibly the best book I have ever read. It's got a few drug-out less interesting parts like about Johhny Fontane's situation and Lucy Mancini loving Sonny's big cock, but over all it's powerful. Buy it today, and you will probably be done with it tomorrow morning. It's that good, no lie
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/09/04 07:49 PM

You must read the book! If you love the movie, you'll defiantely love the book. It gives you so much more insight into the characters, and as SC said, it covers the flashback scenes from GFII. I've read the book several times over the years.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/09/04 09:10 PM

yeah buy it! anyone who really likes the trilogy MUST read the novel, in spite of the boring Lucy Mancini story.
Posted By: sicilianspider

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/10/04 03:08 AM

Excellent novel.. easily worth a large amount of reading time for fans of the Godfather movies or anyone at all. Puzo at his best...
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/10/04 04:30 AM

It even goes into a little detail about Luca.
Posted By: jackson81

Re: Godfather, the novel. - 10/10/04 08:43 PM

Very, very gory details about Luca. eek
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET