Home

Times you've used Godfather referances or lines...

Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/01/02 02:17 AM

Could you tell me some times you might've used Godfather lines of referances (twisted up, possible) while talkin to someone, just, well you get me, I have done this:

Back when I was about 15 or 16 we were doing class debates, this is a (stupid) interjection I did:

"Thomas, you're nothing to me now. Not a classmate, not a friend, I don't want to know you or what you do, I don't want you at my house I don't want you near the school, if you come to see Mr Seager (our current teacher), I want to know a day in advance so I won't be there. You're nothing."

in another debate speech, (topic: that Shortland Street, a crappy NZ soap, is a good role-model to society, I was on the negative side) I opened my speech like this:

"Hello I'm Anton and these are my droogs. We were stopping off at the school library one time, getting ready to go out for some of the old, ultra-debating, when somebody suddenly flicked on the television to reveal that AWEFUL, UNAPPROPRIATE television show, Shortland Street. (Gfather next) AND WHEN I FOUND MYSELF WATCHING IT I TOLD MYSELF, THIS, IS THE PROGRAMME, THAT'S CHOSEN. I DIDN'T ASK, WHO CHANGED THE CHANNEL, BECAUSE THAT WOULD'VE HAD NOTHING, TO DO, WITH ANYTHING. I found out who did it, I ate their liver with some fava beans and a nice, Chianti. Fast-forward Because shows like this they brainwash you, just when you thought you were no longer watching it, it PULLS YOU BACK IN."

Plus once randomly I said to a friend when I passed him in the street "You have to answer for Santino, Jesse." yes, I know that is weird...

How bout you?
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/01/02 03:05 AM

I once told somebody that it didn't matter to me what they did for a living.
Posted By: Tom Hagen

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/01/02 03:25 AM

I'm in the habit of using the phrase "that I cannot do" a lot...
Posted By: Genovese

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/01/02 04:56 AM

I bounce movie lines off people a lot, to see who recognizes them and who doesn't. I've done it for years. Longer than that, I think.

I'm gonna blame some of the people in this room - usually turns into - I'm gonna owe some of the people in this room.
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/01/02 10:05 AM

Being recently retired, I tell people that I am a retired Jew, that wants to live in Israel. Since Im not Jewish, only Godfather Buffs understand the line.
Not only do I use lines as much as possible, but I follow a lot of the advice, in my every day life,i.e' "Keep you friends close, but your enemies closer" etc. lol lol
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/01/02 11:28 AM

I like to use lines from films too, one of my favourites is the 'funny how? like a clown?I amuse you' from Goodfellas.
Another one I use is when stuff goes wrong and I waggle my finger and say 'this is the business we have chosen'
My favourite tho is one me and my daughter use, when shes being a complete pain in the a** I say 'I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too' I use the cackly old witch voice too, it's the line the old woman out of wizard of Oz uses when shes chasing Dorothy and her dog Toto lol

FH
Posted By: GodYankee

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/01/02 12:49 PM

See Anton, when you change your avatar from cute little penguins to demon clouds, these things happen. (Like you going insane smile )

I occasionally ask people, jokingly, "You wanna be stuffed in a box?"
Posted By: PacinoFan

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/01/02 03:27 PM

I've said "go to the mattress" .
Posted By: PastaPunk

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/01/02 04:12 PM

Originally posted by Family Honour:
'funny how? like a clown?I amuse you' from Goodfellas.
'I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too'
Haha! My mom does the Goodfellas one, which makes me laugh even more! She'd prolly do the Wizard of Oz one on us too, but none of her kids are pretty. wink

Here's a story:

We went to Dunkin' Donuts and I got 3 chocolate donuts especially for me. I had one, and later in the day they were GONE without my permission. It was this huge scandal in my home. "Did you do it? I didn't do it! You must have done it!" I always suspected my chubby siste. Finally, we gave it up, and went to a resturaunt to eat. While we were waiting for our food I grabbed my chubby sister by the head, shook her and said (without laughing or cracking a smile, I must add): "I know it was you, sister. You broke my heart. *shakes her violently* You BROKE MY HEART!!" She pretty much had the same fearful reaction as Fredo. lol

I also like to say, "I'm not interested in things that don't concern me." when people ask me about something I don't feel like talkng about.
Posted By: Brookfalls

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 12:32 AM

I swear (on the souls of my grandchildren) that this is a true story. Recently, my brother-in-law (whose name is Michael) told my wife he was going to have dinner with a cousin who, unbeknownst to him, had recently was going around bad-mouthing my father-in-law. Michael was shocked, because he always thought the cousin was a good guy. Nevertheless, he told my wife he still wanted to have dinner with the cousin. My wife didn't know what to say, so I told her to say, "Michael, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family.......ever!
Posted By: MemphisWill

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 02:05 AM

My gf and I are huge St. Louis Cardinal fans, and we've always disliked the Yankees. When Tino Martinez became a Caridinal this year, I was kinda excited. My gf said, "But, didn't he used to be a Yankee?" I replied, "Yes, he decided to go legitimate."
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 04:39 AM

Originally posted by Family Honour:
I like to use lines from films too, one of my favourites is the 'funny how? like a clown?I amuse you' from Goodfellas.
Lol, of course, I use that often, it cracks people (including myself) up, heh heh heh...

I actually use lines from different movies often, but I just remembered another Godfather referance very similar to PastaPunk, (TRUE STORY, I PROMISE) one time my brother was around and it turned out that my wife was missing $40, so I inspected a few things and with far too little evidence and too much urge just to be funny, I went up to my brother, grabbed his head, kissed him, then while he struggled, said "I knew it was you Ringo (his name, heh), you broke my heart, you broke my heart." of course he was confused then punched me on the arm saying "gettouttahere". Then I washed my mouth and gave my wife a similar smooch out of a feel of dirtyness blush

-Penguin
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 05:16 AM

Although many of my friends/family have seen it, no one I know is as "into" the GF as I am. The only line I think most would recognize is, "He made him an offer he couldn't refuse."

I will at times use others, but no one will know that I am quoting the GF. wink

TIS
Posted By: Tom H

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 07:12 AM

That is funny, I also use the the "Funny how . . " line, I used it today, actually.
Of course I use the the old standby (I also used this one today) "i am gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" cool
I use alot of GF quotes that nobody ever gets. Actually I was at a Baptizim/Christening this morning and you can imagine some of the lines I used. orange My best friend was the Godfather and I actually used the word nefarious when talking to him. True story!!! cool
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 03:36 PM

i use this one a lot (on spouse/kids/etc): "What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?"
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 03:40 PM

lol That's very cute. I always tell my ma whenever she says I'm not studying hard enough, "I know everything..Monday, Toosday, wensday, thursaday, fryday.....see?" lol

Originally posted by Saladbar:
i use this one a lot (on spouse/kids/etc): "What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?"
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 04:46 PM

I've used "you can act like a man" on my friends a few times when we've gone out clubbing, had too much to drink, and they're strinking out with every girl in sight. lol
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 05:17 PM

I'm always very aware of appearing gratuitous, but I have come to point out that people "don't ask with respect (they) don't offer friendship" when asking me for a favour.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 09:46 PM

Posted this elsewhere earlier:

I was at a political meeting (it's true, I have a lot of friends in politics) and we were discussing arrangements for a fundraising event. The local labor federation agreed to donate the beer. We also discussed getting a gaming license to have a raffle. So of course I said:

"Now we have the unions and the gambling, and those are the best things to have."

About half the people got it, even though they were all familiar with my GF obsession.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/02/02 10:31 PM

When Im around my friends alot I'll get up and do someting stupid and say "Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in"

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/03/02 03:42 AM

Originally posted by DonPalentino:
When Im around my friends alot I'll get up and do someting stupid and say "Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in"
oh yeah! i've been using that one a LOT trying to get out of some volunteer work i've been doing too long.
Posted By: Rio DeLong

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/03/02 12:05 PM

Hi, I`ve been often talking with my colleague on how we can use lines from GFs. One of them is like this.

When you are at a loss on driving, you may say;

I drive my car, right or left. It is NOT THE ROAD I WANTED!! mad

Bye

Rio
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/03/02 12:30 PM

when things are tough at work, I sometimes say to my associates "This is the business that we've chosen"

I've also asked subordinates "Are you going to come along with me on theser things that I have to do?"
Posted By: Michelle

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/03/02 01:29 PM

Tom Hagen said:

I was at a political meeting (it's true, I have a lot of friends in politics) and we were discussing arrangements for a fundraising event. The local labor federation agreed to donate the beer. We also discussed getting a gaming license to have a raffle. So of course I said:

"Now we have the unions and the gambling, and those are the best things to have."
That is HYSTERICAL!

A few years ago, my family was celebrating Easter at my aunt's apartment in manhattan and my father wanted me to put some quarters in the meter. He started to quote the gf with "do me this service", etc. So, I said "some day, and that day might never come, I will call upon you to do me a service." Everyone got it.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/03/02 03:48 PM

MemphisWill makes it very clear, today, that he is my enemy. And now, you will have to choose between us. (Or just ignore it.)

P.S. Welcome to the boards.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/03/02 04:09 PM

I was just watching MSNBC and they have Kurtis & Kuby on, and one of them-I think it's Kurtis-was talking about the attempt on George Bush the I by Saddam Hussein, and he goes, "It;s like Michael Corleone, organizing all these internation affairs, 'You have to answer for the assasination attempt on my father.'" Just wanted to pass it along.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/03/02 07:25 PM

Originally posted by GodYankee:
MemphisWill makes it very clear, today, that he is my enemy. And now, you will have to choose between us. (Or just ignore it.)
lol ! Remember, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. wink

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/03/02 08:18 PM

Golden Girl's makes a reference to Godfather, Dorothy says she's going to make her mother an offer she can't refuse. Coincidentally, they mentioned Freddy K. in the same episode.
Posted By: That's Pop talkin'

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/09/02 10:04 PM

I once told somebody who worked under me to never take sides against the family. When I have a particularly bad day at work, and my fiancee asks me how my day was, I'll say, "Don't ask me about my business, Kay." And a couple of weeks ago, when we we at an amusement park and couldn't get back on one of the roller coasters before the park closed, I said in my best Vito voice (which isn't very good), "There wasn't enough time."

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/10/02 02:38 AM

Welcome to the board!

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/10/02 02:40 AM

That's Pop Talkin'

Welcome to the board!! Look forward to your postings.
smile

TIS
Posted By: That's Pop talkin'

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/11/02 03:14 AM

Thanks for the welcome, folks.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/11/02 04:23 AM

i always used the lines(jokingly). . .
"never let anyone know what you're thinking" and
"keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
>welcome aboard Thats Pop. . .!

GoodFella
Posted By: TheNextDon

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/11/02 07:09 AM

I am a ledgend as far as GF goes. People will come up to me just to tell me where they saw a reference or used a reference. Last year I did a scene from GF as a duo for my HS' speech and debate team. Now people call me "Godfather" and kiss my hand. Its great.
TND

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/11/02 07:10 AM

...and just about everyday of my natural life (I only truly live now that I have experienced GF)
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/11/02 08:32 AM

After I have made lasagne for people I often say "you like your lasagne?".

Gavin.
Posted By: Cicci

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/11/02 02:06 PM

the other day my friend was telling me something that happened when he was drunk, and I asked him
"were you just drunk, or were you falling all over the floor?"
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/11/02 05:04 PM

My brother-in-law will appropriately use, "I like to drink wine more than I use to." Of course I'll answer him with, "Its good for you Mike."

My daughters boyfriends name is Tom, so I occasionally hit him with, "You're out Tom."

My niece is married to a guy named Paul. They were having a big squabble so...."oh Paulie, you won't see him no more."

This doesn't include the mumblings to myself. "I talked to Barzini." "Five shots and he's still alive." "Mike, we're bigger than US Steel." and on and on....
Posted By: second to last don

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/14/02 04:07 PM

i've been using paulie's "you stupid jerk!" line a lot lately. there's a few others, i'm sure, but here's some off the top of my head:

i've been doing michael's frightening stare when i'm in a bad mood or serious, and talking as quietly as mike did at times when i'm ina serious mood

also, last week my housemates and i had a party, and at one point a friend of mine, a Sicilian and Godfather fan, showed up and in my drunkenness i grabbed his face and said "i know it was you, Fredo!" or something to that effect. he busted out laughing:)

oh, and last night i was playing guitar (again, drunk) for my drunk friends, and what did i break into? the Godfather theme! one of my friends loved it.
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/14/02 05:00 PM

I use this line from the book a lot. I'm not sure if it's in the movie. Anyway, it's when Clemanza asks young Vito if he wanted to know why he wanted him to hide the guns and Vito says,'I'm not interested in things that don't concern me.'
I use that a lot when someone is telling me gossip about someone else. And I often use the 'Bigger Than U.S. Steel' line.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/14/02 05:25 PM

Originally posted by pacino princess That's very cute. I always tell my ma whenever she says I'm not studying hard enough, "I know everything..Monday, Toosday, wensday, thursaday, fryday.....see?"
Except, Appolonia didn't know the days of the week in order! lol

About the quotes, I'm pretty humorous, and people tell me alot that I'm funny. So, of course I break out with the "how am I funny?" bit.

But, here's a story. Once, my girlfriend was being very dishonest to me, so I took her head, kissed her and said "You broke my heart, you broke my heart." Then, continued with "Only, don't tell me you're innocent... It insults my intelligence, makes me very angry." Oh, how I love that line! grin

I'm also called "Godfather" CONSTANTLY at school, by friends, family, because I am known for my Mafia movie obsession. I'm also called Pacino, De Niro, and Pesci often by everyone, including people I don't know... Becuase I look alot like Pacino, and very Italian. smile I just use TOO MANY quotes. People often get angry, but, hey, who cares? Just being a true Godfather fan! grin

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/14/02 08:28 PM

If they get angry, just have him whacked!
Posted By: DonThomas

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/14/02 09:12 PM

The only one I can remember using recently is "If you're happy, then I'm happy." I've been waiting a long time to use "I'm not interested in things that don't concern me" but the opportunity never comes up.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/14/02 09:15 PM

Good idea, GodYankee! GREAT IDEA! grin lol

Don'cha hate when the opportunity doesn't come, Thomas? I DO! wink

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/15/02 03:27 PM

Last week a manager in our office transferred from running one area to take over another area that he used to manage. So of course the line of the week is

Just when I thought I was out...
Posted By: Partinico

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/17/02 02:31 PM

When we were first married, my husband and I were having our first fight as I was cooking dinner. I slammed the food and a brand new 2 liter bottle of Coke on the table, saying, "Here's your dinner!". When I opened the soda, it exploded all over the kitchen. My husband calmly looked at me and said, "Now clean it up, you spoiled guinea brat!". Can't tell you how hard we laughed. lol lol lol

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/17/02 08:32 PM

Welcome to the board!

I just recently did a written assignment at school and I involved the Godfather in it. I put how I didn't buy it until after the New Year, saying 'I didn't ask why I waited, but it was the choice I made.'
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/17/02 08:38 PM

One of my friends named Ben has a sister that's a year younger than him and quite attractive. She is very flirty, yet none of us had ever put a move on her because he's a very protective big brother. One day I was hanging out with my friend Matt, and Ben's sister walked by in a provocative outfit.

I looked over at Matt (who is also a big GF fan), and said, "If this was somebody else's sister, Sweet toonad!"

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/17/02 08:39 PM

Partinico,

That's really funny! lol Good way to end a fight. A real "tension breaker." lol

TIS

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/19/02 07:35 PM

One time my husband and I went to a Masquerade/Halloween party. I went as a "flapper" and he was a gangster. eek He had on a dark suit, with a fedora, with a carnation in his lapel. To top it all off, he was an "antique car buff" and we had a 1937 Ford which we drove there. Above the glove box was a magnetic plaque which read, "Insured By Mafia Mutual". It was a lot of fun!!! grin

TIS

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/19/02 11:33 PM

Sweet! They sure don't make cars like that anymore!

I've been saying, "Come'ere! Come'ere! Come'ere!" a hell of a lot. Mainly when I'm shoving someone around. Also when people make fun of me I say calmly, "What have I ever done *small pause* to make you treat me so disrespectfully?" grin Everyone thinks I'm retarded, but it makes me quite proud of myself.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/20/02 01:53 AM

Originally posted by PastaPunk:

Also when people make fun of me I say calmly, "What have I ever done *small pause* to make you treat me so disrespectfully?" grin Everyone thinks I'm retarded, but it makes me quite proud of myself.
DUDE! I constantly do that!!! ALL THE TIME!!! ALL the time! lol We should be forum siblings! Oggie's my forum brother! wink grin

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/20/02 04:48 AM

Just as a little follow up...I am coaching Speech at my old High School...and there is a novice DUO that is doing GF and I'm gonna help coach them. I'm excited.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/22/02 04:15 AM

Next Don,

Do you mean they will do a scene or reading from GF? If so, do you know which one? You'd be a good coach knowing exactly how it should be done. smile Sounds like fun! smile Let us know how it turns out and which part they do.

TIS

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/23/02 01:18 AM

Please do. smile

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/23/02 01:25 AM

Yes.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/24/02 01:36 PM

Hi,
I really don't use Godfather quotes. However I do have a tendancy to imitate Brando alot and it drives my Mom crazy.
Posted By: goddaughter

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/24/02 05:49 PM

Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PastaPunk:
[qb]
Also when people make fun of me I say calmly, "What have I ever done *small pause* to make you treat me so disrespectfully?" grin
I used that quote the other day with some kid who was slagging me, my family and my friends.
I took his soccer ball off him coz he was throwing it at me and later he got his Mom to ask for it back and I said to her...he's insulted me, he's insulted my friends and my family...and then I couldn't resist adding.."...and that I do not forgive".

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/24/02 09:33 PM

Good way to handle it.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/24/02 11:25 PM

Awesome way! YOU GO, GIRL! lol grin
Posted By: goddaughter

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/25/02 09:26 PM

Hey Anthony...we have the same signature quote...i love that quote!!!!!
Im so happy today because I just decided to go to germany next year and Im also going on a trip to italy which will include rome and sicily....wuhoo!!!!!

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 09/25/02 11:01 PM

Awesome, Goddaughter! smile

Yeah, that quote is kick-ass... 'Specially 'cause Clemenza says it! wink
Posted By: Aberdeen Fascisti

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/08/02 04:41 PM

"I love you, I wanna be with you" - To my Mother. smile smile
Posted By: the matresses

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/09/02 01:47 AM

Whenever one of my friends does something that pisses me off I'll say to any friend who's seen GF: I don't wanna see that bastard around here again, make that first thing on your list.

Also, if anyone asks me a stupid question I'll go into Hymon Roth's "This is the business we've chosen." speech.

I
I
I
\ I /
\ I /
\ I /
\ I /
\ I /
\ I /
\ /
\/

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/09/02 01:48 AM

Ahhhhhhh!!! my arrow didn't work!!!
Posted By: Don Mikey

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/09/02 04:07 AM

Hi Everybody! I new here...

I'm in college and I'm a history major. When I went for advising the other day my advisor asked me why I wanted to be a history major, what influenced my choice. I said that I would have to say that the main reason I decided to become a history major was best summed up in the following quote:

"If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone."

My advisor seems to be very afraid of me now... grin
Posted By: don papa

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/09/02 05:04 AM

Originally posted by Don Mikey:

I'm in college and I'm a history major. When I went for advising the other day my advisor asked me why I wanted to be a history major, what influenced my choice. I said that I would have to say that the main reason I decided to become a history major was best summed up in the following quote:

lol welcome, Don Mikey! and i love your post!

good luck with college, and keep on posting here.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/09/02 01:08 PM

Welcome Don Mikey,

Glad to have you with us.
smile

TIS

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/10/02 12:04 AM

Originally posted by Don Mikey:

good one Don Mikey! i would think History professors would know some about GF.

i almost majored in History in undergraduate school. but i realized there was no future in it! lol lol
Posted By: filmbuff

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/22/02 07:11 PM

In my drama class at school, I often find myself playing gangsters(as everybody knows that I belive The Godfather to be the greatest achivement of mankind). This one time, I began to recite the opening scene of Part I. I then started talking entirely in GF quotes. When I got to "You spend time with your family?", one girl said "hey..you got that from a film didn't you". Where did she think I got everything els from? Did she seriously think that "If anything in this life is certain....." came of the top of my head?

I often quote from The Godfather aimlessly when I'm not doing anything.

Around others I often say "You talkin to me?" That quote suits just about any situation, and is great for when you can't think of anything els to say.
Posted By: sonnysgirl

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/22/02 08:15 PM

some of these posts are so funny!!!

I use the lines so much as well, but for me, the funniest time would have been when a whole bunch of my friends were at a birthday party and drinking, some real drunk jerk started to bad mouth Hispanics and directing it towards me (I'm Ecuadorian-American)..instead of making a big deal about it and bringing down everyone's mood..after this guy was done bad mouthing me..I looked at him and said "I'm German-Irish"..for those who got it..we could not stop laughing!!

-Andrea

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/23/02 11:41 PM

Originally posted by filmbuff:

I do the same thing all the time
Posted By: Justin

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 10/24/02 01:00 PM

When my daughters try to trick my wife or I, I have been known to say: Do you think that little farce you pulled with my sister would fool a Corleone!
Posted By: Capo Status

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/09/04 02:54 AM

all i ever do is quote this movie

when leaving a message on someones machine i always say "michael Corleone Says hello" then they know its me.

i use the banana daquri one alot , just to do it.

when i see someone i know in public, i scream their name like Pantangeli did to fredo and follow it up with "you son of a bitch"

when some one asks me if someone would like something i say back to them just like tom "...they just might..."
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/09/04 03:36 AM

Originally posted by filmbuff:
In my drama class at school, I often find myself playing gangsters(as everybody knows that I belive The Godfather to be the greatest achivement of mankind). This one time, I began to recite the opening scene of Part I. I then started talking entirely in GF quotes. When I got to "You spend time with your family?", one girl said "hey..you got that from a film didn't you". Where did she think I got everything els from? Did she seriously think that "If anything in this life is certain....." came of the top of my head?

Around others I often say "You talkin to me?" That quote suits just about any situation, and is great for when you can't think of anything els to say.
The same thing hyappened to me my senior year in drama. We were playing diffrent movie characters almost in a charades thing and I said-If anything in life is certain, if history hasd taught us anything, its that you can kill anyone.The teacher says- a really scary guy>? No. I reached down and grabbed someone's face- I know it was you Fredo, you broke my heart, you broke my heart. Nothing. Your nothing to me now, you're not a brother, youre not a friend...-somebody says the godfather?(these are people who know my obcession) who? the godfather...the father...Marlon Brando? No. Al Pacino? I had to give it to them then. We did round 2 and I ran my signature by them. One guy says-Is that from the Godfather? After that the teacher wouldnt let me use any GF lines.No one, not even the teacher got it, and he had just done the "You talkin to me?" line from Taxi Driver.
Posted By: Bella_Dana

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/09/04 07:51 AM

Is this, Is this necessary?

thats what i use a lot.
Posted By: Don Vanchenzo

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/09/04 11:27 PM

I've reminded my kids, individually -

Tuo padre ti vuole ben assai, ben assai! orange
Posted By: Rosetta

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/10/04 01:59 AM

Most referenced terms I use:
#1....Thank you for the dinner and a very pleasant evening.
#2...Think about it while you're driving, I wanna hit New York sometime this month.
Posted By: Accardo

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/10/04 12:52 PM

If I'm doing a lot of things at once I often say "today I settle all family business"!!!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/10/04 04:44 PM

I tell my husband all the time
I buy you out you don't buy me out
Posted By: Buttapcanrican

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/10/04 05:56 PM

I use..."Are you sure about that..Mo loves the business...
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/10/04 09:35 PM

I dunno about Godfather quotes right now, but I've been using some Donnie Brasco quotes lately, especially:

"Fugghedaboudit" is like if you agree with someone, you know, like "Raquel Welsh is one great piece of ass, fugghedaboudit." But then, if you disagree, like "A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac? Fugghedaboudit!" you know? But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like mingia, those peppers, "fugghedaboudit." But it's also like saying "Go to hell!" too. Like, you know, like "Hey Paulie, you got a one inch pecker?" and Paulie says "fugghedaboudit!" Sometimes it just means forget about it.
Posted By: dapperdon

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/10/04 09:56 PM

my most used line must be;
thats a true story kay, thats my family not me!
Posted By: The Puppet Mistress

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/11/04 11:51 AM

If I'm talking about something I want to do in the future I usually start by sayin
'Some day, and that day may never come...'.

Or 'Leave the gun, take the canollis' often gets substituted with whatever two words are appropriate at that moment.

I have a wedding to go to soon and might congratulate the bride and groom with a wish that 'their first child will be a masculine child' I don't think they'll realise what it means though!
Posted By: boneear

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/11/04 02:46 PM

Always shouting that italian phrase which Carlo and Connie shout at each other and always calling my friends that are girls "Ginnuea brats" and another of my faves is "and thats my trick" and "my kraut -mick friend".
Sometimes when me and my friends are drunk we have little GF quoteathons, usually in clubs, people will sometimes turn round and join in with hand gestures etc. much fun.
Posted By: Buttapcanrican

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/11/04 04:03 PM

I always call my boyfriend My Kraut Mick friend wink
Posted By: Stylistic

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/20/04 05:29 PM

Whenever its time to go out to eat lunch with my co-workers, I tap my boy on the arm and say "Lets get sumthing to eat huh...."
Posted By: consiGliera

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/22/04 03:10 PM

only some days aGo i talked to a friend on the phone who´s in Sicily riGht know (in Catania). of course i´m jealous as hell. when there was a little moment of silence, i asked him sourly:
"...What? Dropped your orange and fell on the floor?"
He´s a Godfather buff too, he liked it. I must admit that most of the quotes don´t rock quite so hard in German as the do in the oriGinal, hence less quotinG. But as many others i fiGured out that "Fredo!Fredo!" somehow suits any occasion grin .
Oh, and for some reason i happen to like "This is my brother Mike..." a lot. AlthouGh i donßt hav any brother. It´s "Das ist mein Bruder Mike" in German for those who´re interested.

Meow, consiG.
Posted By: Brookfalls

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/26/04 12:35 AM

Whenever I see my one of my daughters reading People magazine I say, "Save it for the library."
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/26/04 11:07 PM

I end almost every essay/paper I've ever written with:

" (topic) are the salt of the Earth and are one of the backbones of this country"

I just sub in whatever the topic. My most recent example was "Herman Melville's writings are..."
Posted By: Bella_Dana

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/27/04 01:31 PM

few days ago i found myself sayin to my brotha: Never tell anybody outside the family what you're
thinking. it was necessary though.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 02/27/04 11:10 PM

"No"

I love that line...
Posted By: BigTimNYC

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 03/03/04 09:38 PM

Whenever a friend has problems with a wife or girlfriend while I'm out with them, or we're talking about it alone or with "the boys," I hit em with:

"Michael says if you can't take care of this - I have to" along with the hand motion: Both hands pointed at my chest just like Rocco does it.

BREAKS THE ICE EVERYTIME.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 03/04/04 01:05 PM

Everytime I go for a meal and hear a train I shoot everyone at my table and leave.
Posted By: BigFatJason

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 03/15/04 12:50 AM

I've only used the "I'm not interested in things that don't concern me" line and a bunch from Goodfellas (me and a bunch of my friends were seated around a table and I told a funny story and someone said I was funny and I put on the "How'm I funny?" routine, everything went dead quiet, the guy was stuttering too, it was gold).
Posted By: Domenico

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 03/15/04 01:18 AM

I use the 'NOW CLEAN IT UP' line on my wife once in a while...[jokingly] and' save it for the library' on my kids. My wife told me at a wedding once 'just watch your self'....i almost pissed my pants!!!!! CIAO A TUTTI!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Augusto

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 03/15/04 04:53 AM

sometimes when i see fit, i use the line "i'll reason with him."
Posted By: TheCrazyMan

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 03/15/04 01:27 PM

This is sorta borrowing from the film "You've got mail", but a lot of my friends always come to me for advice, and I kinda use the Godfather as my I-ching for everything.

And, it seems I'll be Godfather to one of my friends' kid, so my suggestion to everyone else: One that day, don't go to the barber's, don't go to a hotel, don't get a parking ticket, and don't get a massage, and certainly don't go up any elevators.
Posted By: VWGodfather

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 03/21/04 05:53 PM

I really have to come to these boards more often! I love them!!!

Anyways, I used this when I fired one of my employees at work. "its nothing personal, just business" it was perfect timing and they couldnt even respond.

I have used alot of lines in my daily life I cant even remember anymore.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/11/04 03:21 AM

This weekend I took my girlfriend to a restaurant. There was a wait, so I had to put in a name.

Forty minutes later ... "Corleone, party of two"

We definitely got some looks as we got up. I'm gonna do that more often.
Posted By: Busta

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/11/04 04:22 AM

My friends and I were goin to see this movie and we were runnin late. One of my friends had to pick up his gf but the problem was she lived bout 20 minutes away from where we were at the time and she lived bout half an hour away from where the theater was. If she had driven on her own, it wouldve taken her half an hour to get there, but if we had to pick her up, it wouldve taken us 50 minutes and we wouldve been late. So I stole the phone from my friend and told her "Drive your own car, its not that we dont wanna pick you up, its jus that itll save a lot more time and we wont be late." I then added at the end, "It's nothin personal, just business."

However, my friend was pussy whipped and picked her up anyway makin him and her late from the movie. When she saw me, she started to yell at me which I found pretty amusing lol

She's an Italian girl tho and her dad has all three movies so she rememberd it was from the movie and then forgave me. It was good while it lasted tho and she tries to pull it on me once in awhile but they werent as good as that.
Posted By: The Hollywood Finochio

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/11/04 08:44 AM

I did one yesterday, it was quite amusing, My Dad did something i didnt want done and out of the blue i just said

'Never again give that kind of order, not while im alive.......I Run this Family, right or wrong? IT WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED! (greatest bit of dialogue in GFIII)

There are a few others i constantly use

SONOFABITCH - at some point every day

Variations of 'I buy you out, you dont buy me out'

'seeing as your interests dont conflict with mine'

'yourself and your whole fucking family'
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/12/04 06:35 AM

I often find myself using the line. "Never hate your enemies, it affects your judgment."

Plus I live my own life according to the following line. "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/12/04 08:45 AM

or 'were all part of the same hypocrisy'
Posted By: Dirty Blonde

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/12/04 08:05 PM

In my home!!!
Posted By: Dirty Blonde

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/12/04 08:05 PM

Im smaarht!!!

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/12/04 09:26 PM

...and i want RESPECT!
Posted By: al neri 701

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/22/04 06:40 PM

just today my mom was asking me to "do that part from Godfather!!"

so i did it.

"Don't ever again give that kind of order, not while i'm alive!!"

"you were too sick to make a decision, I got a go-ahead from Neri, I got a go-ahead from Connie.....It was the right decision Uncle Michael."

"it was the wrong decsion, I command this family, Right or Wrong. It was not WHAT I WANTED!!"

my cousin's favorite is GF3 and he LOVES that part.
Posted By: NotAnotherDon

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/24/04 10:16 AM

it wasn't exactly 100% a line from the movie, and i didnt say it but my mum, we were discussing what im going to study next year and i told her i want to do law, and she said to me 'good, the family needs more lawyers' and i thought to myself wow my mum just stepped riiight out of godfather part III. She said it as my family are currently in the middle of a bit of a legal battle with someone, she was joking as i obviously wont qualify untill like 6 years after it's over but i was still amazed to find myself in part III. she hasn't seen part III either so it wasnt deliberate.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Times you've used Godfather referances or lines... - 05/27/04 04:50 PM

I was at a party with a friend, who is also a huge GF fan & Hyman Roth fan. When dessert was served, I said, "I want you all to enjoy your cake. So...enjoy!"
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET