Home

Bad times ahead for the Corleone Family

Posted By: mama

Bad times ahead for the Corleone Family - 08/26/04 01:00 PM

When Michael had Fredo killed he did the right thing and then i wondered whether there would be another film made because all the brothers were dead now except michael (obviously!!) When Godfather pt III came out i thought it would be far fetched but wasnt.

Does anyone think that Vincent made a good head of Family?

Do you think he might have had his Fathers violent streak and gone after anyone without the slightest reason?

Personally i do because he seemed so uptight in the film. It would have been interesting for Godfather pt IIII to be out to see how the family were later on in life?

What do you guys think?
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Bad times ahead for the Corleone Family - 08/26/04 11:11 PM

Well the thing with Vinnie is.......all of his screen time was spent developing his relationship with Mary.You never really see how he was coming along in the family business.I would have to say,if another movie was made,and it was split between the "happy years" and the modern times,as so many people want,it would have to show Vinnie running the family into the ground.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Bad times ahead for the Corleone Family - 08/27/04 06:14 AM

There was no thought of making III when II was being filmed. Paramount worked on FFC for years to make III, until he finally agreed.
IMO, the real story of III is how Michael and Vincent used each other. If things had worked out the way Michael had wanted, Vincent would have continued to be the muscle that Michael needed to eliminate his perennial enemies. Vincent would then have been the head of a diminishing Corleone crime empire and Michael would have been totally legit.
Posted By: Santino Felice

Re: Bad times ahead for the Corleone Family - 08/29/04 09:06 PM

I believe Vincent's personality in GF3 changed as th e movie went on, he went from being like Sonny to being like a young Vito
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Bad times ahead for the Corleone Family - 08/30/04 04:22 PM

I think he was a little under-developed. One of the many flaws of part III. I think they made him a little too much like Sonny, and then he all the sudden became a made guy... too far of a stretch in too little time.

I'm still undecided on Vincent. Even in the Part IV script I am writing with UnderBoss.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: Bad times ahead for the Corleone Family - 08/31/04 09:49 AM

I think toward the end of GF III, the character of Vincent began to come along a little. In the first half of the movie, he's really little more than a cariacature of Sonny.

(Basically, as soon as they let the icky-poo semi-incest story line take a back seat to the Immobliare maneuverings, and let Vincent actually start taking more of an active role in the decision making, the character starts showing some depth.)
Posted By: cannoli

Re: Bad times ahead for the Corleone Family - 09/07/04 11:49 PM

Vincent was a fabricated character who, if you read the book, never existed and shouldn't have existed in the film. While you can extrapolate and justify Frank Pantangelli, and some of the other characters of GFII, there's no way on earth you can do that with Vincent. He was created out of expediency, and Coppola's willingness to desecrate the nuclear family he and Mario Puzo worked so hard to create is shameful.

Therefore, I do not even like to ACKNOWLEDGE his existence, even in fiction. And, ergo, I cannot comment, nor do I WANT to comment, on his personality development, such as it is.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Bad times ahead for the Corleone Family - 09/14/04 10:39 PM

i think andy garcia played a good part.to say he had to follow in the footsteps of such great actors.could have gave him a better story line as we dont really see him running the family bussiness till the end when its to late.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET