Home

Part III Family Portrait

Posted By: Freddie C.

Part III Family Portrait - 07/23/04 02:59 PM

The Part III family portrait has always bothered me. My girlfriend was just looking at it and asked who some of them were. I had to tell her I really didn't know. Take out your Part III DVD and look at that inside picture. Who are some of these people?

* two brunette girls on bottom step
* boy next to Altobello
* girl in Connie's arms
* old man behind Vincent
* old woman behind Sonny's twins (Sandra?)
* little boy in Andrew's arms
* guy behind Andrew (Frank Hagen?)
* girl in front of Tom's daughter

Can we get a consensus on who these mystery people are?
Posted By: Don Matteo

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/23/04 03:49 PM

Originally posted by Freddie C.:
The Part III family portrait has always bothered me. My girlfriend was just looking at it and asked who some of them were. I had to tell her I really didn't know. Take out your Part III DVD and look at that inside picture. Who are some of these people?

* two brunette girls on bottom step
* boy next to Altobello
* girl in Connie's arms
* old man behind Vincent
* old woman behind Sonny's twins (Sandra?)
* little boy in Andrew's arms
* guy behind Andrew (Frank Hagen?)
* girl in front of Tom's daughter

Can we get a consensus on who these mystery people are?
* boy next to Altobello
* girl in Connie's arms - presumably Connie's grandchildren from Michael Francis or Victor?
* old woman behind Sonny's twins - definitely Sandra
* guy behind Andrew - seems too young to be Frank. Maybe Andrew's sister's husband and father of...
girl in front of Tom's daughter
Posted By: SC

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/23/04 03:49 PM

Geoff has this covered...from his site there is a listing of the Family portrait (below) and a listing of who is in it:

[Linked Image]

(l-r) Douglas (Kay's husband), Kay, Anthony (next to mommy). Above, Tom's family: Frank, Andrew, Theresa, daughters. Sonny's twins appear to be on top. Old woman (Sandra?) and man? Below, Johnny Fontane. Center, Archbishop Gilday, Michael, Mary (next to daddy), Vincent, Don Altobello. Another set of young twins?
Ages in 1979: Michael (59), Connie (52), Kay (52), Theresa Hagen (59), Anthony (28), Mary (22), Victor (30), Michael Francis (24), twins (now named Francesca & Kathryn, 37), Frank Corleone (39), Santino Jr (32), Vincent (31), Frank Hagen (39), Andrew Hagen (37), Hagen daughter (26), Hagen daughter (21)

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/23/04 08:17 PM

^^^^^^^^^^

That doesn't really answer anything. ohwell
Posted By: UnderBoss

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/24/04 09:13 AM

Thanks for the info SC. Answers alot for me.

orange

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/27/04 02:11 AM

No one has any guesses? Ideas? ohwell
Posted By: Santino Felice

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/27/04 03:26 PM

He did answer the question, anyway this picture is nice, but the family portrait in GF1 is the best
Posted By: Santino Felice

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/27/04 03:27 PM

He did answer the question, anyway this picture is nice, but the family portrait in GF1 is the best
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/27/04 10:24 PM

Why isn't Connie in the family pic.that SC posted?
Posted By: goombah

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/29/04 12:56 PM

Originally posted by Mignon:
Why isn't Connie in the family pic.that SC posted?
She was too busy making the poison cannolis for Don Altobello. wink
Posted By: Sophia

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/29/04 01:04 PM

Why wasn't Connie in the picture? I don't see her kids? And who is the old man and woman at the top of the stairs by the twins? That's weird. I guess I'll have to watch GFIII soon.

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/29/04 03:29 PM

Connie is in that picture, on the right side. She simply got "cropped" out of this particular version. Look in the DVD sleeve and you will see the same picture, this time Connie is barely visible but Kay's husband is cut out. I always thought it was kinda funny that he was cut out, since he really didn't belong.

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/29/04 04:52 PM

Yeah, why is Kay's husband in the picture? He is not family - that's a family portrait?? I guess it would be rude to leave him out - he is Kay's husband NOW. But still, that's a Corleone family thing!

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/29/04 05:07 PM

One could guess that he was included in the picture because 1) Michael was a graceful host who only wanted peace and harmony in his home - or - 2) He wanted the husband to feel that there was no threat while Michael secretly hoped for a reconciliation with Kay.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/30/04 01:57 AM

I dont think many of those people were too closly related to Mike.I think a lot of the little kids were in the picture because they wanted to be and no one felt like they needed to get them out of it.

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/30/04 12:58 PM

I was wondering, did Tom and Santino's kids play with Michael's kids? Kay says Anthony's friends are his buttonmen - but Italians are usually close knit people - did the cousins play together? Tom lived on the compound and I think Connie's kids did too and I assume Santino's kids did?

Re: Part III Family Portrait - 07/30/04 06:47 PM

So many friends and family had died at this point that Mike was not about to be picky about who was in the family picture. In some ways he was lucky anyone was there at all.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET