Home

would you have killed fredo?

Posted By: horsehead

would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 07:53 AM

would you have killed fredo if you were Michael?
was his killing justified ?
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 11:44 AM

Yes, I would kill him. Anyone so faithless that they'd bring ruin on their family because of mere jealousy deserves to die.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 11:49 AM

Nope and I don't think Michael should have either. I also woulden't have treated my little brother like he was stupid then been surprised when he tried to upstage me.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it. wink
Posted By: Santino Corleone

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 01:18 PM

Yep. He was too greedy to see that he was being used. Nobody needs a brother like that........
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 01:21 PM

It is not that I'd have liked killing him but I would. I think it was justified in Cosa Nostra rules. I don't know what kind of a brother would do what Fredo did to Mike. Even if he'd been fooled into a part in a hit that almost got Mike killed and destroyed his family he shouldn't have stayed silent later. Fredo could have even saved Frankie. He should have let his KID brother know who was going to kill him and not let him do further business with them. I don't know why when everyone is talking about brotherhood they just forget the basic rules of it. Mike was right. Fredo was nothing to him. Not a friend not a brother. frown
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 02:04 PM

Maybe I would have done the "empty chamber" deal. Where Fredo thinks he's gonna die, and there is no bullet in the gun and then say, "Next time, the chamber won't be empty."

Then ship him off to Nome, Alaska to run Corleone business there.
Posted By: Don Matteo

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 02:59 PM

It's hard to say because we're not told just how much of the family business Fredo knows. If he were kept in the dark about most things then he would not be a threat and could live - in Siberia or somewhere. He certainly, at the very least, deserved to be ostracized from the family.

If Fredo did indeed have knowledge that could pose further liability to the Corleones, then yes the killing was justified. We all look at Mike like he is the bad guy here. Killing his brother is the last thing he wanted to do. Fredo is the one who betrayed his brother all for personal gain due to pride and ego. Fredo did not want for money or material things because Mike took care of him. Given the ambition he demonstrated with his "I'm smart" speech in the boathouse, Mike was smart to eliminate this obvious threat to the family.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 03:00 PM

Fredo was a danger to Michael and his family before Michael "forgave" him, and remained a danger afterward. That violent outburst in the boathouse--"I was stepped over...it ain't the way I wanted it...send Fredo to do this, send Fredo to do that..."--showed burning, dangerous resentment of Michael that would only have gotten worse, and more dangerous to Michael, over time.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 03:14 PM

Not only would I have killed Fredo...but I would've done it the day after their mother was put in the ground and not given him time to establish an uncle/nephew, fishing-buddy relationship with my son, who has already recently lost his mother.

Apple
Posted By: I Have a Scar on my Face

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 05:18 PM

Carlo wouldn't of killed fredo. He would have killed michael. Miachael cant be trusted.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/21/04 10:51 PM

Absolutely, I would have dont it in a heart beat. Fredo was and always would be a danger to my family,willing or unwilling. [Linked Image]
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: would you have killed fredo? - 07/22/04 04:53 AM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
Fredo was a danger to Michael and his family before Michael "forgave" him, and remained a danger afterward. That violent outburst in the boathouse--"I was stepped over...it ain't the way I wanted it...send Fredo to do this, send Fredo to do that..."--showed burning, dangerous resentment of Michael that would only have gotten worse, and more dangerous to Michael, over time.
Turnbull makes a very good point.

If I was in Micheals place, I would've killed Fredo as well. Plus I happen to think Micheal was right to have Fredo killed.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET