Home

Paolo never died!

Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 10:29 AM

Vito Andolini's older brother, who ran into the hills to avenge his father's murder, is not dead; his hand moves when his mother cries over him. It's his right hand, but left on the screen. eek Anybody else notice this?

Mick
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 01:01 PM

Picky, picky, picky rolleyes .

The kid is dead. Case closed.

Apple
PS - to those who really can't get past this 'hand movement' thing, just consider it 'twitching' ... a nerve reaction that can take place within moments of a sudden death.

Like a chicken running around without its head.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 01:28 PM

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Picky, picky, picky rolleyes .

The kid is dead. Case closed.

Apple
PS - to those who really can't get past this 'hand movement' thing, just consider it 'twitching' ... a nerve reaction that can take place within moments of a sudden death.

Like a chicken running around without its head.
Sorry, didn't know this was such a known mistake; haven't seen it posted before. " rolleyes "

Mick
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 03:48 PM

Just shows you the power of a mother's love! smile
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 05:35 PM

Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Vito Andolini's older brother, who ran into the hills to avenge his father's murder, is not dead; his hand moves when his mother cries over him. It's his right hand, but left on the screen. eek Anybody else notice this?

Mick
Yeah, I noted this one too. I believe its also at Movie Mistakes online. wink good eye Capo!
Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 05:45 PM

He's dead. Period. The twitching of his had is just a nerve reaction, like Apple said.

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 06:11 PM

Or the actor just moving his hand to get a bit more comfortable. grin

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 06:16 PM

Or maybe he did it purposely just to see if any geeks would notice it thirty years later.

Apple
Posted By: Vito's Legacy

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 06:23 PM

Or maybe he did it purposely just to see if any geeks would notice it thirty years later.
LOL! lol That's the spirit!
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 10:10 PM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
Just shows you the power of a mother's love! smile
lol Turnbull your so sweet!!

FH
Posted By: filmbuff

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 10:20 PM

I noticed that ages ago (when I say "Inoticed that", I actually mean I read about it in the goofs page on IMDB).

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 11:21 PM

Apple
You really think so? OMG, FFC is sooooo cool! grin
Posted By: Alberto_Neri

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 11:58 PM

same stuff with the dead prostitute with Gearry. Her stomach is moving when she is breathing...
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/06/03 11:59 PM

I don't think we'll be seeing Paolo any more!!! frown

I never noticed the movement. I'll have to take another look.

TIS

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/07/03 02:29 AM

Originally posted by Alberto_Neri:
same stuff with the dead prostitute with Gearry. Her stomach is moving when she is breathing...
Yep, another minor error, but none of this trivial errors take away from the movie itself. wink

Geary: "I know I couldn't have hurt that girl..."

'Dead' Prostitute: "Just kidding! See look, I'm breathing! FFC just did it as a joke and...err...are we still filming? eek "

lol
Posted By: AngelaMarie

Re: Paolo never died! - 06/07/03 05:09 AM

I never, ever noticed that before. Who would think to look at the kid's hand LOL? I always was watching the mother cry over her son, it's a very emotional scene!!
Posted By: Debra

Re: Paolo never died! - 03/30/06 06:24 PM

I read it in the transcript on this site :

[She begins to cry. GAFFE: The actor who plays "dead" PAOLO moves his hand as he's hugged]

they could have easily take another shot, so I guess FFC wanted to leave it there for a reason...
Posted By: SC

Re: Paolo never died! - 03/30/06 06:32 PM

Vito had a similar reaction (arm twitching) when Michael was moving his hospital bed through a doorway in the corridor. Maybe its an Andolini thing.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Paolo never died! - 03/30/06 10:10 PM

Yeah, I read about it online. When I watch GF II it sorta looks like when Paolo's mother holds him she moves him.

Apple - Geeks? You're talking about that on the GangsterBB, in The Godfather Trilogy section, where everyone talks about every little thing? rolleyes

Re: Paolo never died! - 03/30/06 10:21 PM

Of course. Where else can a GF-Geek talk about these sort of things, when all the logical stuff has been discussed to death.

I noticed that hand moving YEARS ago; a blatant flaw, yes it would've been easy to re-take and maybe they even did...but perhaps FFC thought the actress was better in that take. She was the one who did most of the work, anyway.

But really, in the long run, who cares.

Apple
Posted By: olivant

Re: Paolo never died! - 03/30/06 11:56 PM

Apple, you're a hard woman!!

Re: Paolo never died! - 03/31/06 12:09 AM

ATTENTION, PARTAGAS....!!!

Have you come across a tribute poem to 'HARD' women?

Please post whenever applicable.

Apple

Re: Paolo never died! - 03/31/06 03:16 AM

Holy thread revival, Batman!

[Linked Image]

tongue

Re: Paolo never died! - 03/31/06 07:40 PM

Hey, Double-J !!!

Did you see the Caped Crusader's on the TV-Land Awards last week?

It was nice to see Adam & Bert get their award, but Julie Newmar looked SO PISSED that they didn't acknowledge her Catwoman...have to admit I think she should've gotten some sort of recognition, since she was sitting right there only a few feet away. Her historic characterization (not to mention the chemistry between her and Adam est)contributed ALOT to that show!!

Apple
Posted By: Cristina's Way

Re: Paolo never died! - 04/01/06 08:19 PM

Originally posted by Filmbuff:
I noticed that ages ago (when I say "I noticed that", I actually mean I read about it in the goofs page on IMDB).
I noticed that hand moving YEARS ago...
Sorry, didn't know this was such a known mistake; haven't seen it posted before.
Don't feel bad, Capo. Many's the time I've posted things on this board that I thought were new discoveries, only to have the veteran members point out that my treasure trove "has been around for a long time" or that it's "old news." One time I thought I found the link for a draft GF2 script when it turns out that there are plenty of links for that version all over the web. Then I thought I was the first to notice a goof in Sollozzo's math when he was telling Vito how much he could expect to earn from the drug trade -- but it was actually MY math that was out (how embarrassing blush ). And those are just two examples that I can remember at the moment. There were more, believe me smile .

But despite all the egg on my face, I still show up on the boards. You never know, it's possible that we may yet discover something that has never been noticed before (difficult, but not impossible)... wink

P.S. Capo, since you noticed Paolo's hand movement on your own without prior knowledge from reading the IMDB or this BB, you must have been watching the film many times, or very attentively -- or both. The mark of a true Godfather fan!

Re: Paolo never died! - 04/02/06 02:44 AM

Originally posted by Cristina's Way:
[QUOTE]... You never know, it's possible that we may yet discover something that has never been noticed before (difficult, but not impossible)... wink
True. The difference lies in just happening to notice things like this while primarily enjoying the movie, or actually looking for flaws or inconsistencies (imagined or unimagined) just to be able get to post them on the BB.

The former is a 'true' Godfather fan. The latter is someone who is in dire need of a life.

Apple
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Paolo never died! - 04/02/06 10:59 AM

Isn't is possible that we have a life, are GF fans, watch the movie to enjoy ourselves, and still find out something new?
Posted By: Montauk

Re: Paolo never died! - 04/07/06 01:55 AM

Mick
Well, I'm sure that'll be wondrous news for the Hollywood bigshots trying to cough up an angle for GF4.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET