Home

What is the Significance of this Scene in GF II

Posted By: UnderBoss

What is the Significance of this Scene in GF II - 06/17/04 11:25 PM

There was alot of good scenes left of GF II, unfortunatly, I can understand why. But the scene in GF II where Tom goes to see one of his Button men who woke up with the dead prostitute tied up to the bed and Tom helps him out. What is the significance of this scene? I mean does it show tom is taking care of stuff, I think we all know he can.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: What is the Significance of this Scene in GF II - 06/17/04 11:28 PM

That wasn't one of Tom's button men with the dead prostitute, that was Senator Geary. They briefly show Al Neri in the bathroom in that scene. Presumably, Michael, before he left for Florida and Cuba, left plans with Tom to set up Senator Geary who wasn't being cooperative.
Posted By: UnderBoss

Re: What is the Significance of this Scene in GF II - 06/17/04 11:44 PM

Awww, well he looked very beaten up, but that's for clearing that up.
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: What is the Significance of this Scene in GF II - 06/18/04 01:21 AM

Originally posted by UnderBoss:
Awww, well he looked very beaten up, but that's for clearing that up.
Not beaten up, just got his money's worth eek
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: What is the Significance of this Scene in GF II - 06/18/04 07:36 AM

I always thought the idea was that Al Neri killed the woman and had Geary think he did it. By this Tom told Geary he'd help him, then Geary would help the Corleone's.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: What is the Significance of this Scene in GF II - 06/18/04 01:26 PM

That's it exactly. Geary threatened Michael in the beginning at Anthony's first communion party... Michael planned this to get him back on board and Geary turned inthe Corleone's favor at the trial of Michael by leaving.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: What is the Significance of this Scene in GF II - 06/20/04 01:35 AM

By clearing up the hooker thing, Geary owes Mike a favor. If he doesnt pay up w/ that favor, the murder charge will come back. Its blackmail,plain and simple.
Posted By: sonof70s

Re: What is the Significance of this Scene in GF II - 06/20/04 11:02 AM

Originally posted by DonColletti:
I always thought the idea was that Al Neri killed the woman and had Geary think he did it. By this Tom told Geary he'd help him, then Geary would help the Corleone's.
Yup, simple blackmail. Geary was no doubt drugged up. He couldn't remember a thing.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET