Home

The priest in GF2

Posted By: TheCrazyMan

The priest in GF2 - 05/19/04 06:33 PM

Just curious, at the beginning of Godfather Part II, the communion scene, was that the same priest who did the baptism during the murder of the 5 families?

Cuz the way he spoke, and when he said 'Amen' to the kids when they received the host, sounded much like the priest from GF part I
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: The priest in GF2 - 05/19/04 06:49 PM

Yes, that was Father Carmelo...introduced by Mama in GFII as their 'Family Priest'.

To be certain it's the same guy all one need do is take a peek at the credits for both GF and GFII (although I admit I never have, since I've always been sure it's the same guy).

Apple
Posted By: AllAboutTheFamily

Re: The priest in GF2 - 05/19/04 06:59 PM

I know I always thought that it was the same guy but never actually looked at the credits
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: The priest in GF2 - 05/19/04 07:14 PM

I think he is also in GF3, at the party in the beginning. He is not in the credits of Lebo's book "The Godfather Legacy", maybe someone else could verify that.....or I could pop in the DVD tonight.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: The priest in GF2 - 05/19/04 07:44 PM

His name is Father Joseph Medeglia - apparently a Priest in real life!! Must've been a friend of FFC's.

Anyway I looked for him because what the heck, it beats working. He gets casting credit in GFII but not The Godfather.

I still think it's the same person, probably in GFIII as well, since MaryCas has spotted him there.

Apple
Posted By: Double-J

Re: The priest in GF2 - 05/19/04 09:59 PM

I dunno, I never saw him in GF III, where should I look for him at the party?

---

Yeah, I pretty much figured it was the same guy in GF II as in GF I, but never bothered to check.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The priest in GF2 - 05/20/04 01:41 PM

One thing that interested me about Fr. Carmelo is that he made the transition from New York to Tahoe with the rest of the family. Connie introduces him as "the family priest." This has a real, medieval sound to it--as when European royals and nobles had their own priests and chapels.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: The priest in GF2 - 05/21/04 12:13 PM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
One thing that interested me about Fr. Carmelo is that he made the transition from New York to Tahoe with the rest of the family. Connie introduces him as "the family priest." This has a real, medieval sound to it--as when European royals and nobles had their own priests and chapels.
The Corleones needed a priest handy for confessions and administering last rites. grin
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The priest in GF2 - 05/21/04 03:51 PM

Especially the latter. grin
Posted By: TheCrazyMan

Re: The priest in GF2 - 05/21/04 04:36 PM

I wonder where he was when Fredo was saying his prayers?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET