Home

McKlusky at the Diner

Posted By: AllAboutTheFamily

McKlusky at the Diner - 05/13/04 09:37 PM

In GF1, Michael agreed to a meeting with Solozzo and McKlusky so that he could kill them both. My question is why was Police Chief McKlusky their? Solozzo called the meeting to supposedly make peace with the Corleone family-so what was the need for the Police Cheif. Even at the meeting, the only thing he said is "I'll have the veal" and "he's clean". Why was he there?
Posted By: Robo

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 05/13/04 10:40 PM

McClusky was on sollozzo's payroll, he protected sollozzo in new york. mcclusky was responsible for clearing out vito's bodyguards in front of the hospital while vito was there. i think he was mainly a bodyguard and the political influence sollozzo was in need of.

robert
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 05/13/04 10:43 PM

Robo is right. McCluskey was basically acting as Solozzo's bodyguard, the idea being that as long as McCluskey was with him nobody would have the guts to attempt a hit since "nobody has EVER gunned down a New York police captain".
Posted By: sonof70s

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 05/13/04 10:57 PM

I agree, he was there for protection. Anyway, he made the scene for me. He was WAY into his veal! He was smacking and chewing when Michael went to the bathroom and right up until he got capped. He definitely enjoyed his last meal.
Posted By: AllAboutTheFamily

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 05/14/04 12:12 AM

Ahhhhhh I see-I considered that at first but then I thought that he didn't seem to even acknowledge anything-except for his delicous veal. Even when Mike shoots Solozzo-the last five seconds of McKlusky's life is spent steering in amazement of Mike.

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me
Posted By: sonof70s

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 05/14/04 12:30 AM

Even when Mike shoots Solozzo-the last five seconds of McKlusky's life is spent steering in amazement of Mike.

[/QB]
...and savoring his last bite of veal.
Posted By: The Hollywood Finochio

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 05/14/04 01:19 AM

Mcluskey felt safe in the knowledge that Mike wouldnt DARE try to kill him so he settled down and majorly let his guard down. Love his death while chewing, brilliant realism
Posted By: The Puppet Mistress

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 05/15/04 09:23 PM

"I've frisked him - he's clean" I love the way he says that!
He took a long while to die too didn't he - probably trying to savour his veal for as long as possible!!!! smile

TPM
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 05/17/04 03:59 PM

McCluskey was the epitome of arrogance. He thought he was invincible. Like Tom said, no one has ever gunned down a police captain. Sollozzo, being from the old country didn't trust anyone, hence the extra frisk of the caljones. Sterling Hayden played the McCluskey part perfect.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 06/15/04 07:23 PM

Shot through the throat... ick. I remember someone saying that FFC wanted to put something in the violent scenes to make them more impressionable, and McKlusky's death is probably the most memorable... shot through the throat, then he head, and then slams his head on the table, knocking everything over.

Nice touch!
Posted By: UnderBoss

Re: McKlusky at the Diner - 06/15/04 09:34 PM

Just an extension on what has been previously mentioned. McCluskey did go to dinner to be a guard to Solozzo. This was part of the precautions taken by Solozzo due to the fact that he knew he would be the one that would be taken out and there was a price on his head.

Although, taking Solozzo out would be wholy justified and permissible by the council and Cosa Nostra Law, some of the motivation of Solozzo and undoubtably the Tattaglias and by extension Barzini in bring McCluskey as the bodyguard was A) No one would touch a cop because they would be declaring war on the cops. B) If the Corleones were to take out Solozzo they would have to take out McCluskey and if they did they would have the police on them as well. This would give Barzini and the Tattaglias an advantage and allow them to start a war with the Corleones thereby taking their power.

Michael quelled this by using their connection to paint McCluskey as a corrupt cop (which he was) who got mixed up with organized crime.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET