Home

GFIII - Atlantic City Meeting

Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

GFIII - Atlantic City Meeting - 05/07/04 07:48 PM

This might sound like a bit of a silly question, but during the meeting in Atlantic City, a huge plate is passed around the table with a load of trinkets on it - rings, necklaces etc - which the men help themselves to. What is all that about??? confused
Posted By: kasanova

Re: GFIII - Atlantic City Meeting - 05/07/04 08:12 PM

Its like a symbol of their wealth. They all showed respect to each other with donating jewerelly to pass onto each other as presents.

It was used by FFC to show how rich and powerful these people were by simply choosing very expensive jewels from a silver plate, thus getting anything they want.
Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

Re: GFIII - Atlantic City Meeting - 05/07/04 10:07 PM

Cheers Kas, I see what you mean now. I just thought it was a bit strange these men with all their millions passing the tray around...I suppose it shows how greedy and grasping they are. I also noticed that Michael doesn't take anything and passes the plate on - he's basically showing he's above all that.

It reminds me a little bit of the scene in GFII when they're in Cuba, and the solid gold telephone gets passed around at the meeting. All the other men take some time to admire it, but Michael and Roth just pass it on without a second glance.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: GFIII - Atlantic City Meeting - 05/07/04 10:36 PM

I believe also that the passing around of the jewelry was symbolic of Michael's supposedly final exit from the rackets. He gave them the jewels as a kind of "sweet" to mellow the "bitterness" of his no longer being able to partner with them in illegitimate schemes (note how they beg to participate in Immobiliare). By not taking anything for himself, he was separating himself from them.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET