Home

Matter of business with reasonable complaint

Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Matter of business with reasonable complaint - 09/03/18 05:18 PM

I've never understand this statement in reference to "The Turk". They show how he is good with a knife but I may just not realize how this part is explained by the following events. Turnbull can you or some explain?

Also what happened to all the old threads? Used to be tons of them.
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Matter of business with reasonable complaint - 09/03/18 05:42 PM

At the bottom of the list of threads, there's a drop down menu that defaults to seeing the last year of threads. You can change that to All Threads.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Matter of business with reasonable complaint - 09/03/18 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by kingoflittlenewyork
I've never understand this statement in reference to "The Turk". They show how he is good with a knife but I may just not realize how this part is explained by the following events. Turnbull can you or some explain?

Tom wanted Vito to make a deal with Sollozzo. I think he was trying to assuage Vito by explaining that the Turk would be a reliable business partner, not a quick-to-kill hothead. From Sol's viewpoint, killing Vito was "a matter of business with a reasonable complaint": Vito's refusal to give him police/political protection in return for a big share of Sol's drug profits was preventing Sol from doing business.
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Matter of business with reasonable complaint - 09/03/18 08:08 PM

That was what I had in my head, the murder. That Tom was also talking Sol up I didn't take I to account.
Posted By: jace

Re: Matter of business with reasonable complaint - 09/04/18 02:06 AM

I think they said he was known as a Turk, I don't think it was his nickname, but I have not seen th movie in while and may be wrong on this. I think the term "Turk" means an independent operator as opposed to the member of a Family.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Matter of business with reasonable complaint - 09/04/18 06:56 AM

When Tom met with Vito and Sonny after Hollywood to discuss the Sol meeting, he said Sol was known as the Turk because he had a Turkish wife and kids, and because he was quick with the knife.
Posted By: AB123

Re: Matter of business with reasonable complaint - 09/12/18 06:12 PM

Turk may be short for turkey. As in "jive turkey".
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET