Home

Nieri (not sure of spelling)

Posted By: Artespo

Nieri (not sure of spelling) - 03/26/04 08:52 AM

Hey Guys, I just found this website and it is so cool to chat about one of the best gangster movies ever made. I've recently had a chance to see all three movies more than once. Its funny, you catch something new every time you see them!! My question is this. I noticed that in the first film, the driver who drove Michael and the two others to Eddie's Italian Eatery in the bronx is Nieri. He was actually in the Tatalia family first? I hope I'm making myself clear enough. What do you think?
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Nieri (not sure of spelling) - 03/26/04 11:44 AM

Welcome.

The driver was "Lou" ("Nice work, Lou. I'll remember that"-Sollozzo). Definitely not Neri, or even the same actor playing a different role.

And the restaurant, BTW, was "Louie's", not "Eddie's".
Posted By: boneear

Re: Nieri (not sure of spelling) - 03/26/04 04:28 PM

Haha, this thread is funny.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Nieri (not sure of spelling) - 03/26/04 05:05 PM

Originally posted by Artespo:
I've recently had a chance to see all three movies more than once. Its funny, you catch something new every time you see them!! My question is this. I noticed that in the first film, the driver who drove Michael and the two others to Eddie's Italian Eatery in the bronx is Nieri. He was actually in the Tatalia family first? I hope I'm making myself clear enough. What do you think?
Welcome aboard Artespo, You might have to see the movies a few more times. I guess "Lou" could look a little like Neri, but they are two different guys. Now we've had controversies before about who certain people were. Take a look at the "Chinese Food" scene in GF when they are waiting for the phone call. Is one of the guys sitting around the table really Rocco? plawence wants to know. Actually he knows, he just needs an ally. grin
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Nieri (not sure of spelling) - 03/26/04 05:31 PM

nope. But Neri is actually in the very last scene of part one. He is one of the guys in the room when the guys start kissing mikes hand. Also i think he is there when Kay and Connie run in, and Mike tells him to go for a second but i could be wrong. And Rocco shows up a few times too i beileive.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Nieri (not sure of spelling) - 03/26/04 05:38 PM

Actually, to me that driver Lou always had a striking resemblance to Enzo the baker.

Not saying it's the same guy...just that to me the two look amazingly alike.

Apple
Posted By: Boss_of_bosses

Re: Nieri (not sure of spelling) - 03/26/04 08:58 PM

Neri was working for the NYPD before the Clroene Family, NOT tattaglia
Posted By: juventus

Re: Nieri (not sure of spelling) - 03/27/04 01:52 PM

Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
nope. But Neri is actually in the very last scene of part one. He is one of the guys in the room when the guys start kissing mikes hand. Also i think he is there when Kay and Connie run in, and Mike tells him to go for a second but i could be wrong. And Rocco shows up a few times too i beileive.
Neri was the man who killed Barzine also. Neri was in a policesuit. (He wwas a policeagent before he got into the corleone family)
Posted By: Don Romano

Re: Nieri (not sure of spelling) - 03/29/04 01:16 AM

in GF1, Neri also apeared as the disguised cop who shoots down Don Emilio Barzini at the congress palace (im not sure if thats where they were but its some big building) he also shoots down two of his man's...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET