Home

Godfather: the videogame

Posted By: XDCX

Godfather: the videogame - 03/04/04 04:02 AM

I just read this in EGM, here's the exact article:

Electronic Gaming Monthly, April 2004, Issue 117:

Page 66 from The Rumor Mill, by the Q-Mann

Digital Godfather

Take EA Games' ability to churn out quality licenced games and its lack of an entry in the burgeoning mafia/gangster genre, and it's not hard to believe this next rumor. If what the Q hears is correct, the company is planning a title based on Francis Ford Coppola's 1972 epic film, The Godfather, (and its sequels). Sounds interesting...

I dunno about the rest of ya, but that sounds like it could actually work. EA did an excellent job with the Lord of the Rings games, there's no reason they couldn't do The Godfather justice. Also, it'd probably be much better than the subpar console versions of Mafia. Any thoughts?
Posted By: Don'tForgetTheCannolis

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/04/04 02:02 PM

That would be awesome, i've been thinking of a way you could have the godfather as a video game and it could turn into something amazing. Keep me posted.
Posted By: boneear

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/04/04 03:17 PM

"Aww man, I am on this really hard level, I cant get past sollozo"

or

"Aww damn, I keep getting killed at the toll-booth"
Posted By: Robo

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/04/04 03:49 PM

uh-oh...............my girls's going to be pissed. when i am not watching the trilogy, ill be playing the video game. wink better start kissing ass now

orange me orange
Posted By: Researcher

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/04/04 08:19 PM

Oh no! That'll be so bad! The whole point is The Godfather is supposed to be more about the family and its workings, not the crime aspect...there'll be such limited things to do, without making the whole thing a complete spin-off...in which case it'll effectively be a game like GTA or Mafia, only with the Godfather title and characters....Bleagh!
Posted By: jay

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/04/04 08:34 PM

this is a horrible idea. the movie was about drama, not action. there would be nothing to do in the game....talk to people to figure out clues as to who the traitor is? they would have to make it an action game that basically has little to do with the real plot and is not a very good game.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/04/04 10:56 PM

Remember, at this point in time, it's only a rumor. If anything comes of it, I don't think it's really fair to pass judgement until more details surface. It could be good, it could be bad. Let's wait and see.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/04/04 11:27 PM

Well, Unless they basicly rob the entire plot from the Three Movies... It cant and shouldnt be done...
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/13/04 01:10 AM

Originally posted by jay:
this is a horrible idea. the movie was about drama, not action. there would be nothing to do in the game....talk to people to figure out clues as to who the traitor is? they would have to make it an action game that basically has little to do with the real plot and is not a very good game.
We don't know that at all. Let the game come out and then pass judgement. One aspect of playing the game can be this : Your father is shot and now you must take over the family business and try to run things, make money, control your regimes, keep them loyal, fight a war, make the peace, etc. I think that if it is carefully made, it can be a very interesting game.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/13/04 03:44 AM

I guess it would have to be an RTS...
Posted By: goodfella4188

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/19/04 08:21 PM

I get Entertainment Weekly, and they had about a paragraph about EA's plans to make The Godfather, yup. It's all true. No details though.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/20/04 09:00 PM

I made a thread about this in the videogame forum btw... wink
Posted By: Angel_Dust

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 03/26/04 02:13 AM

it is a terrible idea they're going to ruin the Godfather saga, they'll RUIN it, but what do they care right? they're in it for the money it'll probably be a crappy game like gta, though I hope it isn't
Posted By: Hollywood Hagan

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 04/01/04 12:21 PM

It is no longer a rumor. It was confirmed at CES by a spokesman for EA.

I think it has the makings of a great game. Apparently, you will take the role of Michael after Vito's murder. Much like GTA, this will be an action game based on the rise of a young gangster. If they perfect the formula like Rockstar did with GTA, I will have no qualms so long as it remains RELATIVELY similar to the game.

For those of you predicting the end of the world, relax. I am not a fan of EA, and don't have any confidence in the game, but I know it can never ruin the trilogy's mystique.

That said, I do hope EA surprises me.
Posted By: Don Romano

Re: Godfather: the videogame - 04/03/04 01:45 AM

well i was once searching threw ebay for some Godfather realted stuff and found a Godfather Video Game for Computer. Never bough it.. it was only 10$
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET