Home

tahoe home?

Posted By: lauren7512

tahoe home? - 02/25/04 08:38 AM

if anyone knows if the lake tahoe home is for sale i would love to know!!!!
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: tahoe home? - 02/25/04 01:54 PM

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to the Gangster BB. That is one of the more interesting (odd) first-post questions. I'm not sure if we have an real estate agents as members. But ... why the question? Do you have a few million dollars handy to buy it? confused
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: tahoe home? - 02/25/04 02:49 PM

Welcome to the boards, Lauren! Hope to see many thoughtful posts from you.
Alas, you can't buy that property because it no longer exists. Here's a blurb on it from a boating site:

"Originally the palatial summer estate of Henry J. Kaiser (Kaiser Aluminum) built in 1939, Fleur du Lac lies just north of Homewood and just south of Eagle Rock, a 200 foot high, flat-topped promontory near the water's edge. The grounds and original buildings were used in the filming of the movie, Godfather II. However, shortly after the movie was made a developer purchased the property and demolished the old main house to make room for an exclusive condominium development. The only structures used in the movie that still remain are the complex of old native stone boathouses with their wrought iron gates. Although Fleur du Lac is private property and no one is allowed ashore there, the boathouses and multi-million dollar condominiums are easily viewed from the lake. One can still recall "Fredo" being rowed out into the mist on his last boat ride!"
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: tahoe home? - 02/25/04 04:41 PM

Turnbull,

A little confusion. The quote mentions a 200 ft promontory. The image I have of the property and the house is that it is very close to water level. Is my mind deceiving me?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: tahoe home? - 02/25/04 05:05 PM

As I read it, MC, Eagle Rock is the 200-foot promontory, not the house or the boathouses.
Posted By: boneear

Re: tahoe home? - 03/01/04 02:38 PM

What a shame!
Such a beautiful and scenic house, woulda been lovely to live there in retirement one day.
Posted By: Don'tForgetTheCannolis

Re: tahoe home? - 03/04/04 02:00 PM

well if this is true what you say turnbull then the clips used in GF III at the beginning were left overs from GF II.
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: tahoe home? - 03/04/04 03:53 PM

From memory, FFC says on his Part III commentary that the footage of the house lying empty, was how they found it back in 1974. They filmed it in that state, and lo and behold it fitted in perfectly for the modern day scenes in Part III.
Posted By: Don'tForgetTheCannolis

Re: tahoe home? - 03/14/04 09:53 PM

they rented the house from someone i know this because the guy's house it was didn't have a gate and when they put one up for the movie he wanted to keep it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET