Home

The Godfather Legacy

Posted By: pizzaboy

The Godfather Legacy - 07/14/12 04:31 PM

New special narrated by Michael Imperioli to premiere on The History Channel on July 24th.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV...42291340763955/
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/24/12 07:38 PM

This airs tonight! I guess no one's interested.... whistle
Posted By: olivant

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/24/12 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

This airs tonight! I guess no one's interested.... whistle

I'll be watching it.
Posted By: Mark

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/24/12 10:30 PM

I'm DVR'ing the repeat at midnight. I'm looking forward to seeing this very much. Can't see it live because I have to watch my stories I tape during the daytime. smile
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 01:12 AM

Thanks to Geoff's reminder, I set the DVR for the encore. Mark, my guide said it's on at 1:00 am, not midnight, though.
Posted By: SC

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Mark, my guide said it's on at 1:00 am, not midnight, though.

One hour difference in time zones. It's been on 16 minutes now and looks quite good (so far).
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 01:50 AM

It will be on at 9:00 here but even if I miss it, I'm guessing It'll be on On Demand or repeat. It's opposite of White Collar so I might watch one or the other on On Demand.

If anyone catches it tonight, post how it was. smile

TIS

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
If anyone catches it tonight, post how it was.

It will be on again, and I urge you not to miss it. The first hour has been EXCELLENT.

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
If anyone catches it tonight, post how it was.

It will be on again, and I urge you not to miss it. The first hour has been EXCELLENT.

SC,

I will be SURE to catch it. Do the interviews (or the show in general) reveal anything that would be surprising to we people on the GF board?

I loved the young Pacino (especially) and remember how powerful that movie was. I still remember being at my grandmothers during the time the movie was released and some of my relatives saw it and it was the talk of the day. My Aunt was telling everyone how horrible Sonny was for beating his pregnant wife. Don't know why I remember that but I do. confused

Speaking of Pacino, the other day one cable channel played a very brief clip of DDA (the "Attica, Attica" scene). I was reminded on how powerful and wonderful an actor Pacino was back then, especially. smile

Anyway, I WILL watch and be back to discuss.

TIS

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 02:16 AM

Good to know, SC. Can't wait to see it.

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 02:27 AM

Do the interviews (or the show in general) reveal anything that would be surprising to we people on the GF board?

Not really, but the show very succinctly adds to our many discussions over the past 11 years here on the board (we missed our birthday ten days ago). You'll enjoy it.

Excuse the brevity of my answers but I'm replying during the commercials. wink

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 02:33 AM

Oops, that's right you're watching now. Sorry!!! smile

We missed the BB birthday? Damn, I remember posting for an Anniversary chat in the chatroom. I am getting old and foregetful. panic

TIS

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 03:04 AM

I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the show, and I'm sure any true Padrinophile will also.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 05:57 AM

It's recording on the DVR (the second airing) -- will hopefully watch it within a couple days...!
Posted By: jace

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 05:58 AM

I watched first third of it. At 3 hours it might be too long. I hope to catch rest of it next showing. It was good, but too many outside commentators were being bought in. Every person who ever wrote a Mafia book was a guest commentator.
I stopped when Jennifer Masica followed louis Ferrente.

The background on how it was cast was very interesting, imagine if Robert Redford or Ryan O'neil had been cast as producers wanted. Would have liked to see more of the home movies taken during the filming, those were nice touch.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 06:13 AM

I liked how they showed the oranges
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

It's recording on the DVR (the second airing) -- will hopefully watch it within a couple days...!

Me too. I watched the first 20 minutes, but had to go to bed early.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 01:38 PM

I agree with SC--very interesting but no dazzling revelations for us here. Highlights: The Norton family's home movies of filming Connie's wedding at their Staten Island mansion; Alex Rocco looking more weatherbeaten than Keith Richards; all the Pacino interviews. Surprisingly, nothing was said about pressure from Joe Columbo and the Italian American Civil Rights League.

FFC said he never wanted to make more than one GF film.

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 03:00 PM

It seems that FFC didn't want to make the GF, but Lucas pressured him because of Zoetrop's money problems.

As far as weather-beaten goes, Pacino looked none too good. What's with all that hair?

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
It seems that FFC didn't want to make the GF, but Lucas pressured him because of Zoetrop's money problems.

As far as weather-beaten goes, Pacino looked none too good. What's with all that hair?
j

I haven't seen the show yet but I know what you mean about Pacino. He always looks like he just got out of bed. lol As far as the hair goes. He does have a head full, but at his age, he's probably pretty happy to have hair. lol

TIS

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 04:17 PM

I am getting old and foregetful. panic

You even forgot how to spell forgetful tongue grin. I know, Tis, I'm a smartass blush.

I saw the show and really enjoyed it. But I agree with TB; it really offered nothing "new" to the die-hards (like us). But it's always nice to see new interviews and old clips. It's almost like seeing family you haven't seen for many years.

And I agree with the poster who mentioned that there were a couple too many "B-List" celebrities interviewed. But heck, maybe they're really A-Listers that I never heard of because I'm getting old and cranky ohwell.

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
[quote=The Italian Stallionette]I am getting old and foregetful. panic

You even forgot how to spell forgetful tongue grin. I know, Tis, I'm a smartass blush.

Yes, you ARE a smart ass. lol

Back to GF Legacy. I DO get the History Channel on "On Demand" but I don't see the show listed yet. I think it's usually shown 24 hours after original airing. I'll keep checking.

TIS

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 04:40 PM

I think it's 24 hours, Tis.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 05:42 PM

I haven't seen the show yet but I know what you mean about Pacino. He always looks like he just got out of bed. lol As far as the hair goes. He does have a head full, but at his age, he's probably pretty happy to have hair. lol

TIS

I thought he looked like an articulate homeless guy.

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/25/12 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

TIS

I thought he looked like an articulate homeless guy.

lol lol
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/26/12 03:26 PM

Very nice documentary and probably the best one about The Godfather films so far. I like the fact that they use a different approach than doing another "making of", because for me that's been there done that. They analyse the films from an anthropological perspective which is quite interesting.

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 07/29/12 05:35 PM

It was very, very well done. I enjoyed it. Of all the cast members, I would say that Talia Shire has aged the best. She looks great.
Posted By: The Hollywood Finochio

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 04/27/13 07:17 PM

Does anyone have still have this? I can't find anywhere to download this
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 04/27/13 08:46 PM

I have it and it's still available.
Posted By: The Hollywood Finochio

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 04/28/13 01:46 AM

You're a gent. Thank you
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: The Godfather Legacy - 04/28/13 04:04 PM

Got it on TIVO.. Brilliant.