Home

Most moving moment...

Posted By: Fame

Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 04:18 AM

Which moment in the trilogy moves you the most?
Im sure there are many moments. Like when Michael is in the hospital and tells Vito : "I'm with you now. I'm with you"...(then Vito smiles and cries)..what a powerful scene.
Another is when Vito sees Sonny's body : "Look how they massacred my boy"...very moving.

To me personally, the most moving moment is in GF2 when Michael is talking to Mama and ask her if one can lose his own family...to which she replies with : "one can never lose his family. Never."
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 04:34 AM

What moves me the most is like you already said when Vito says "Look how they massacred my boy." That just pulls at my heart strings and the tears start flowing.
Posted By: Ice

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 04:37 AM

i was thinking about this today.....

the flashback scene in 2 when young vito says "MICHAEL, SAY GOODBYE" as the train is rolling out, really gets me sometimes. next scene is mama's funeral and then fredo goes thereafter leaving just connie and mike.

really makes me think about how much i will miss my family and all my loved ones after we all move on.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 07:53 AM

Vito's face when Tom tells him Sonny's been killed. And, "Look how they massacred my boy."
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 11:33 AM

Mine is when you hear Neri shoot Fredo.

Every time I hope there isn't gonna be a shot, but every time... orange
Posted By: SC

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 12:30 PM

I'm not sure WHY, but the scene early in Part II with the immigrants passing the Statue of Liberty (and the wonderful music playing) always moves me.

Honorable mentions:

• Michael's slow motion cry of anquish when Mary dies
  • Tom Hagen's look when Tessio is led away (end of Part I)
  • Vito's despair when looking at Sonny in the undertaker's room
Posted By: The Last Woltz

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 01:36 PM

Michael's flashback to his post-Pearl Harbor enlistment at the end of GFII is heartwrenching to me.

How young and idealistic he was then, compared to how inhuman he has become.

How he was surrounded by family then, compared to how isolated he has become.

Also how many of those people are dead, some due to Michael's orders.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 01:54 PM

After Tessio is denied clemency from Tom, Cicci disarms him and then Tessio turns and walks slowly away to his inevitable death with his executioners.

A more insignificant, but moving scene also is when young Vito stands by helplessly with concern as the women treat a bawling Fredo, then an infant, for pneumonia. You can see that it pained Vito that he couldn't alleviate the baby's discomfort.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 01:59 PM

*Michael at Vito's bedside saying, "I'm with you now Pop. I'm with you". And the tear that rolls down Vito's face.

*The horrific cry of agony from Michael at Mary's death.

*Clemenza telling Michael "We was all proud of you. Being a war hero and all".
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 02:35 PM

GFI -
Fredo sitting at the curb, weeping when Vito is shot.
The look on Vito's face when Tom tells him that Sonny is dead.

GFII -
After young Vito kills Fanucci and he is sitting on the steps holding Michael telling him in Italian " Your father loves you very much."(while the music is playing in the background).

GFIII -
Michael's silent scream when Mary is shot always gets me.
When Michael is confessing to Cardinal Lamberto and he gets to the part where he says "I ordered the death of my brother. He injured me. I killed my mother’s son. I killed my father's son," and he breaks down in tears.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 02:35 PM

I find the garden scene between Michael and Vito to be extremely moving. Vito's confession that this isn't the life he wanted for Michael, that he wanted something better for his son, it was almost Vito's way of apologizing for having Michael dragged into the life. And Michael's reply was his way of reassuring his father that he bore him no ill will for it, that he did it out of love for his father.

Also, when Michael speaks to Don Tomassino at his coffin. I've always thought that Michael was truly trying to speak to Vito at that point. But it brings out all of Michael's true feelings for the path he pursued.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 03:41 PM

GF:
The ENTIRE SCENE where Tom tells Vito of Sonny's death.

GFII:
The ENTIRE SEGMENT at Mama's funeral, from Connie/Fredo embracing to Michael/Fredo embracing.

(Even though we know what's in store for Fredo, it's still moving to see his emotion at being once again united with his brother)
Apple
Posted By: olivant

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 03:56 PM

I think no. 2 for me is the flashback at the Don't birthday party. However, hands down, the silent scream at the end of GFIII. That scene expresses all the emotions, the pathos of the Trilogy. It overwhelms me and I have a hard time watching it.
Posted By: Darulerric

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/03/06 11:36 PM

This is probly not really common but I liked the scene in GFII when Micheal is talking to Mama about losing family and she says you can never lose your family and micheal says times is changing, and it all being in Italian and in the dark is such a great effect
Posted By: Ace_Reutzel_dup1

Re: Most moving moment... - 10/04/06 01:23 PM

So many scenes to choose from!!

GF: Michael and Vito in the garden, Tom telling Vito of Sonny's Death, "I'm with you now, I'm with you"

GFII: The flashback of Vito's BDay party ( I love Sonny in that scene), Michael asking his mother if he can lose his family..

GFIII: Anthony playing song that causes Mike to have flashbacks of Appollonia....

There are so many more, these just brush the surface!!
Posted By: FrankWhite

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/14/06 11:11 PM

When Mike lets Kay know that it is an "impossibility!" for her to take his children away from him... that whole seen brings it all to light the importance of family in Mike's world.

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/14/06 11:16 PM

Not importance; usefullness.

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/15/06 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Not importance; usefullness.

Also: Michael's controlling nature, as in "Don't you know me? Don't you know that I'd use all my power..." etc., to prevent Kay from taking the kids.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/15/06 02:06 AM

The most 'moving' moment came at the conclusion of GF...when Michael, Kay and the entire Corleone clan were packed & preparing to relocate to Nevada.

Apple
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/15/06 02:25 AM

Or, perhaps, when Clemenza says, "We're gonna give 'em Ex-Lax!"

Signor V.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/15/06 02:27 AM

My favorite part of the whole trilogy lol The scenes in between Mary being shot and Michael dieing..

OR, based on other emotions would be when Michael says "you gave your word, I never gave mine" Those words are said just great

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/15/06 05:57 AM

Tell me again: when does the ex-lax scene occur? I have to check it out.
Posted By: FrankWhite

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/15/06 04:55 PM

perfect wording Olivant

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/15/06 05:31 PM

Really. When does the ex-lax scene occur?
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/15/06 11:23 PM

Here is that thread, from earlier this year:

Clemenza "Ex-Lax"?

Signor V.

Re: Most moving moment... - 11/15/06 11:25 PM

Mille grazie!
Posted By: ScarFather

Re: Most moving moment... - 04/23/07 09:12 PM

I liked the scene where.... Michael tells Vito... "I will handle it..."
Posted By: wtwt5237

Re: Most moving moment... - 04/26/07 06:32 AM

Perhaps when Vito said 'How they massacred my boy'. Take notice of his eyebrows working, of his facial expression that seemed to say 'I cannot understand why the whole thing happens', of his shaking voice, and of the light cast down from overhead that hid his painful eyes in the darkness.

Re: Most moving moment... - 04/26/07 03:16 PM

I thought that what Brando did with his face in that scene (and earlier, when Tom told him Sonny was dead) was the most brilliant bit of acting in a brilliant overall performance.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET