Home

Bonasera

Posted By: flamvent

Bonasera - 07/09/06 11:10 AM

Does any one know how the Don carried out vengence for Bonesera?
Posted By: SC

Re: Bonasera - 07/09/06 12:22 PM

Its all covered in the novel. Vito farmed the job out to Clemenza who in turn gave the job to Paullie Gatto. Paullie hired two thugs who beat up the two guys who had attacked Bonasera's daughter.

Read the book... you'll get lots of insight into some great characters!

Welcome to the boards.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Bonasera - 07/09/06 04:32 PM

I vaguely remember a deleted scene about this, or am I confusing the novel and the movie????
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Bonasera - 07/09/06 07:09 PM

SB, I think the deleted scene you remember is when Bonasera's dressing to meet Vito at his funeral parlor after getting the call from Hagen. It's a good one, too: He tells his wife, "I curse-a the day when you and Commore Corleone became friends..."
I think I read somewhere that FFC may have filmed all or part of a scene showing Paulie and the two thugs beating up the two who ruined Bonasera's daughter. But that scene, if it was filmed, never made it into any version of the trilogy. Too bad.
Posted By: Martin Joseph

Re: Bonasera - 07/09/06 08:30 PM

Not sure if I remember this correctly, but in the Godfather returns novel, didn't the main character make a reference to being one of the thugs who gave those kids a beating?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Bonasera - 07/10/06 09:50 AM

Originally posted by SC:

Read the book... you'll get lots of insight into some great characters!

And some really boring ones. Though the book is very much worth reading for any avid Godfather fan.
Posted By: SC

Re: Bonasera - 07/10/06 10:26 AM

Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
And some really boring ones.
Skip over those parts. tongue
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET