Home

What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of?

Posted By: Don Cardi

What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 01/30/04 08:34 PM

Out of all three Godfather Movies, what characters would you have liked for the writer/director to show more of and dwell deeper in?

I know that most will say Luca Brasi, and he would be my first choice also. But I would also have loved to see more background on Pentangelli. Such a charasmatic character.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 01/30/04 08:41 PM

Hi Don C. wink

This maybe a "female" type answer, but I really would have liked to seen more of Mama Corleone. We know her as patient, loving, loyal and yet never really get to see much interaction between her and the others. I'd like to have seen more scenes between her and Vito in their later years, to see how they related to each other.

TIS
Posted By: plawrence

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 01/30/04 09:07 PM

Willi Cicci.

Joe Spinell had a very limited body of work, but I loved his acting. Everyone talks about his role in ROCKY, but if you ever have the chance, check him out in a heist film called COPS & ROBBERS.
Posted By: deathkiss

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 01/30/04 11:24 PM

Actually,
I would have loved to see more of Fredo. John Gazelle gave a clean, sharp, under-praised performance.

Fredo led a rather interesting life and I would want to see more of his. Expecially in his whore-house running days wink
Posted By: boneear

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 01/30/04 11:56 PM

Definitely want to see more of Luca. Where did he rank? was he a capo-regime?
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 01/31/04 05:14 AM

Al Neri. He was always a background character, and I wish I could have seen more of him.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 01/31/04 06:22 AM

Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
Al Neri. He was always a background character, and I wish I could have seen more of him.
I was going to mention Al Neri as well.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 01/31/04 12:43 PM

Originally posted by plawrence:
Willi Cicci.

Joe Spinell had a very limited body of work, but I loved his acting. Everyone talks about his role in ROCKY, but if you ever have the chance, check him out in a heist film called COPS & ROBBERS.
Great movie, and yes, great acting by Spinell....."It's all riiiiiight."

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/01/04 12:34 AM

Put me down for Don Barzini [Richard Conte].

[Linked Image]

He always turned in a great performance, and I felt he was underused in the film. He was years ahead of Gotti, as being well dressed... wink
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/01/04 03:55 AM

Originally posted by plawrence:
Willi Cicci.
My vote also goes with Cicci
Posted By: angiez23

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/01/04 03:59 AM

Al neri and Willi cicci
Posted By: The Sicilian

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/01/04 04:57 AM

Clemenza...what a great character...He should have gave in and not wanted so much money for GF2...if there is a GF4 i hope they show how close he and Michael were when Mike was younger which is highlighted more in the book...
Posted By: Henry Hill

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/01/04 03:21 PM

Appolonia, of course. wink
Posted By: kasanova

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/01/04 07:44 PM

Clemenza...what a great character...He should have gave in and not wanted so much money for GF2...if there is a GF4 i hope they show how close he and Michael were when Mike was younger which is highlighted more in the book...
Wasnt it Sonny who Clamenza was really close to?
Posted By: The Sicilian

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/01/04 09:08 PM

no...in the book it mentions how clemenza would take mike to ballgames when the don wasnt around...
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/01/04 09:38 PM

yeha Peter Clemenza and Sal Tessio were like uncles to the Don's children. I would say though the two caporegimes liked Michael the best because he didn't give them any problems, as connie was spoiled and they probably didn't want Sonny to be their Don.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/01/04 11:55 PM

Fredo- they need to explain why he was so weak and stupid.He seemed to be the outsider in the family, but for diffrent reasons other than Mike. Mike and Vito were both smart.Sonny was closer to his father(i think) than any of the other boys. Fredo had none of that.
Posted By: mandy_pal

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/02/04 05:58 PM

Definitely Fredo. Like Don Sonny Corleone, i would like to know why he seems like an outsider, and why he's so different from the family.
Posted By: goombah

Re: What Character Would You Have Liked To See More Of? - 02/02/04 07:34 PM

I would have liked more background on Woltz. He was such an arrogant, bull-headed, egotistical guy. I would have also liked to see his reaction in the film after the horse's head was lopped off, as the book delved into. Not just the screaming - in particular, the call to Hagen.

Second choice: Senator Geary
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET