Home

My Godfather tattoo

Posted By: Francesco Corleone

My Godfather tattoo - 12/18/02 08:17 PM

[Linked Image]

Just something I wanted to share with you die hards! Maybe the picture is not perfect, but this is because of the camera held in a difficult position. It think you can figure it out yourself but it is on the back of my shoulder (right from me). I can not explain why I did it. If someone told me 5 years ago I would get myself tattood, I would dissagree, but the Godfather movies and EVERYTHING around it (books of Mario Puzo, comment by different actors and books about books on this movie, etc.,etc.,etc.) inspired me and my way of life. Sad? I do not think so, but that is just my feeling. Everytime I look at it, it reminds me something. What that something is, symbolizes 9 hours of pure emotion.

The Godfather; it is a way of life!

Francesco Corleone

Ps: I also uploaded the upfront, just in case there is an Apollonia somewhere here. Let me get hit by thunder!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/18/02 08:22 PM

Defintitely a die hard fan!! Looks like nice work.

Your turn Don Palentino...when you gonna unveil yours? grin
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/18/02 08:32 PM

Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
Defintitely a die hard fan!! Looks like nice work.

Your turn Don Palentino...when you gonna unveil yours? grin
As soon as I seen this topic, I new you were gonna say something like that grin I'll unveil it sooner or later grin
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/18/02 08:44 PM

Very handsome picture FC...nice, exuberant smile.

DP, ok you are WAY behind....first the tat then we want to see your purdy face! grin
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/18/02 08:47 PM

Why you are a cute young man FC. How old are you again? wink
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/18/02 08:58 PM

Very Nice F.C.

Does anyone think he looks like a young Bruce Greenwood??? (If anyone knows who I mean?? ohwell

TIS
Posted By: Carlo Gambino

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/18/02 09:05 PM

I like the artwork FC I always wanted to get one but seem to chicken out at the last minute. grin
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/19/02 03:37 PM

That's cool as... And also not too over the top like the other picture we've seen on the guy who's covered his back in all sorts of Godfather ways. Very good Francesco.

When you said 9 hours of pure emotion, I thought "holy crap, you must have a slow tattoist". Then common sense kicked in and realised it was the films you meant. I'm a buffoon.

By the way JG said a while ago that one day he was going to create a web page for tattoos such as this if he could get enough together. Give him a shout and see what he thinks.

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/19/02 04:45 PM

First of all: all the women; thank you for your compliments. I just put my face with this topic to show you who I am. And why not, the chance of seeing someone of you in real life is (and I qoute Axl Rose) one in a million...if the pain was worth it? Man, there was no pain. Ofcourse, as a Godfather should wink I asked permission to my father and mother. That was the most important thing because I am still living with them and the had to agree...There is another pain though; the pain of regret. But I must say that I look at my tattoo every day and I never had one doubt of placing it. The desicion of placing it was when I saw the movie about thirty times and still crying at the end. This is a circle of life I keep repeating every 2 or 3 months. Just to value life I guess. For me there is a lot of violence in the Godfather but I think everything is justified. Reading the Famliy on this moment gives me more backup on that sentence.

Second: who the hell is Bruce Greenwood... wink

Third: I was wondering if there are more people with a GF tatto on this board. I think JG has allready viewed the topic, but I will contact him. I have seen Pacino en de Niro in tattoo magazines here and they gave me chills...

Francesco Corleone
Posted By: The Chosen 1

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/19/02 04:54 PM

I respect your decision and I have nothing against tattoos, but I personally don't like the one you have! In my opinion you should learn something from Vito or Michael about "understatement" because that tattoo is most definitely too big! The hand with the strings on one of your shoulder-blades, that would have been a nice tattoo, something with personality, not just as big and as obvious as possible! You seem to be in love with the movie, but not with the lifestyle! Remember: true gangsters move in silence!

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/19/02 05:01 PM

My dear GF colleague. Please look good at the picture, it is not bigger than the palm of my hand. Therefore I respect your words and ofcourse I agree with them...I think the picture was taken too close because it is on the top of my right shoulder blade...

I give the size which I think it is: 15 x 8 cm...

Francesco Corleone
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/19/02 06:59 PM

F.C.

I'm not the expert that Saladbar is, but I will try to post this link with pics of Bruce Greenwood. Evidently I'm the only one who has heard of him. A couple years back he starred in a short lived tv show called "Nowhere Man" (which I actually liked) and I've seen him in several tv movies. I think he's cute (for what that's worth)therefore, mean it as a compliment. Anyway, here goes!!

http://www.brucegreenwood.com/bggallry/portraits.htm

TIS
Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/19/02 07:25 PM

You're a die hard godfather fan FC! But you're a least not saying that you wanna look like a mobster, having a tattoo then would be fake, that would be the same as wearing a godfather T-shirt with "The Godfather" printed on it.

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/20/02 09:06 AM

Micheal Corleone 14: could not have said it better myself. Although I do live like the rules of the Godfather in relationships with people. Except murdering ofcourse or saying that a button must be pushed.

Italion Stallinotte wink

Francesco Corleone
Posted By: The Chosen 1

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/20/02 02:46 PM

Originally posted by Francesco Corleone:
I think the picture was taken too close because it is on the top of my right shoulder blade...

I give the size which I think it is: 15 x 8 cm...
...15 x 8 cm sounds good to me! In the picture the tatto seems to cover your entire back. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding! Keep doin' you!
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/20/02 04:15 PM

Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:
godfather T-shirt with "The Godfather" printed on it.
The Godfather t-shirt sold on FFC's winery website is niiiiiiice! I have one. smile
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/20/02 05:09 PM

Hoi Francesco!

Nice tattoo (even though it looks good I already feel the a pain associated with getting it LOL) and nice picture - Dutch men are babes! grin wink
Posted By: drex

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/22/02 12:44 AM

thats great
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/22/02 11:38 AM

I like it, when do you do the image of Vito and Michael. And when you finished that you could take a tatto with ..... grin

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/22/02 11:48 AM

Why don't you take an Apollonia tattoo? lol
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/22/02 07:19 PM

you should see the pic of the guy's back posted before(and i've used it as my wallpaper). almost all of the Godfather main characters are tattoed on his back, including Appolonia . . .

GoodFella
Posted By: the matresses

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/24/02 03:05 AM

What I want to see is someone get Fabrizzio's tattoo from the novel grin Of course, they'd have to be able to flex. grin wink grin wink
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/24/02 06:19 PM

Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
you should see the pic of the guy's back posted before(and i've used it as my wallpaper). almost all of the Godfather main characters are tattoed on his back, including Appolonia . . .

GoodFella
Yes I've seen that picture. Marvelous.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/31/02 03:30 PM

Nice tatoo! smile I plan to get one when I'm a little older. grin
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/31/02 09:42 PM

Sorry guys, but I'm not that m that uch of a die-hard.
Posted By: Dream Master

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 12/31/02 09:44 PM

Sorry guys, but I'm not that that much of a die-hard.
Posted By: sveta van gaal

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 01/02/03 03:14 PM

I was looking for alternate versions of the Godfather novel books covers when I came across this! Yikes! This one has the lot! lol is there anything he left out?

[Linked Image]

Kinda makes you hope the guy sporting this tattoo won't put on any weight or get any stretch marks lol
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 01/02/03 03:21 PM

that's the guy i'm talking about. grin

GoodFella

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 01/02/03 04:37 PM

The guy on sveta's picture is f*ckin' nuts. And besides, the characters don't look real.
Posted By: Don Luciano

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 01/24/04 02:54 PM

Francesco Corleone, could you re-post the pic of your tattoo?? It won't work for some reason.
I have a potentially fatal tattoo, about 4 months ago i got this thing of ours inked down my left forearm, best not visit any mob hangouts! Gotta say, i love the tattoo though!
My ex-girlfriend has a cool tat of 'Jessica Rabbit' holding a gun on her left shoulder blade, plus numerous others.
I'll post a picture of my tattoo as soon as i figure out how to upload it to the net.
Posted By: boneear

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 01/24/04 03:43 PM

Originally posted by Don Luciano:
i got this thing of ours inked down my left forearm,
Bump
That sounds absolutely great.
orange orange orange
Posted By: Don Luciano

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 01/24/04 03:45 PM

I'll try and post a picture of it, nothing to impressive, just written in old english writting. still, i love it!!! cool
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 01/25/04 03:10 AM

Am I the only one who cant see Francesco's pic? I like the other one, not that I would ever undertake a thing like that
Posted By: Don Vanchenzo

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 01/25/04 04:07 AM

I've been wanting to get the hand, puppet strings and The Godfather official logo on my right upper arm; however, I've been afraid I'll get in some chop-shop with a guy who can't spell. Do you know if there is a tattoo pattern for the Logo? orange
Posted By: king henrik

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 01/26/04 03:16 PM

hey man

the pic of ur tat wont appear frown id be interested in seeing it though. would u send me an email of it? grin

supermanatemydog@aol.com

cheers

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 06/22/04 11:50 AM

Dear GF Fans,

It has been a while before posting here but because I have a page with all my information about me in Holland including a picture of the tattoo brought me back to this topic.

I do read a lot here but I haven't seen that someone asked me for a new picture of the tattoo.

Sorry for that and I will bring a new one asap!

Francesco Corleone.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 06/22/04 07:19 PM

Yes please do. I'd love to see it too.

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 06/23/04 11:30 AM

Originally posted by Don Vanchenzo:
I've been wanting to get the hand, puppet strings and The Godfather official logo on my right upper arm; however, I've been afraid I'll get in some chop-shop with a guy who can't spell. Do you know if there is a tattoo pattern for the Logo? orange
I have got the exact same one as you described and I used the DVD logo on the box. They scanned it to 125% and made the linings on my skin afterwards. So no chance of miss spelling...

Francesco Corleone.

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 07/09/04 12:29 PM

http://picserver.infinity-shell.net/viewimage.php?id=347

As promised.

Francesco Corleone
Posted By: Patches

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 07/09/04 02:55 PM

That's pretty neat! I want to get that airbrushed onto a shirt since I'm too wimpy to get a tattoo!
Posted By: Krlea

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 07/09/04 07:57 PM

Pretty cool. I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but that is a good one.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 07/09/04 08:59 PM

Thats pretty nice. About how much would you have to pay for something like that, if you dont mind me asking?

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 07/11/04 03:14 PM

I paid 100 euro's in Holland for it...

Thanks for your comments.

Francesco Corleone
Posted By: Blake

Re: My Godfather tattoo - 07/11/04 09:54 PM

Yeah in a few years that is definetely gonna be on my back or arm. wink Prove to people just how uch I love The Godfather.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET