Home

Clemenza's death, natural or not?

Posted By: weran_everything

Clemenza's death, natural or not? - 03/06/06 01:20 AM

During GF2 at Anthony's after party, when Pentangeli see's Fredo and they start talking, one of them brings up Clemenza and Fredo mentions him dying from a heart attack but Willi Cicci steps forward and say's it was no heart attack, and thats why Pentangeli wanted to see Michael.

Whats the deal, was Clemenza murdered or did i hear wrong?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Clemenza's death, natural or not? - 03/06/06 01:27 AM

You can infer that Clemenza might have been murdered, but there's no evidence that he was--no reference to a murder or a war that likely would have resulted.
I believe that Cicci's comment, "That was no heart attack," was meant to set us up for the boathouse scene where Frankie pleads with Michael for his support against the Rosatos.
Michael says to Frankie, "Clemenza promised the Rosatos three territories in the Bronx when he died. He died, you didn't give it to them." He didn't say Clemenza was murdered. Frankie replies that Clemenza "hated them Rosatos more'n I do," which I take to mean that maybe their antics aggravated Clemenzas's heart condition and sped his heart attack.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Clemenza's death, natural or not? - 03/06/06 03:14 PM

His heart attack certainly could've been brought on by aggravation with the Rosato brothers. I doubt it had anything to do with his obesity and his passion for cannolis. wink
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: Clemenza's death, natural or not? - 03/11/06 02:13 AM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
You can infer that Clemenza might have been murdered, but there's no evidence that he was--no reference to a murder or a war that likely would have resulted.
I believe that Cicci's comment, "That was no heart attack," was meant to set us up for the boathouse scene where Frankie pleads with Michael for his support against the Rosatos.
Michael says to Frankie, "Clemenza promised the Rosatos three territories in the Bronx when he died. He died, you didn't give it to them." He didn't say Clemenza was murdered. Frankie replies that Clemenza "hated them Rosatos more'n I do," which I take to mean that maybe their antics aggravated Clemenzas's heart condition and sped his heart attack.
I totally agree with you--Clemenza was very aggravated with the Rosatos--and heart attack?? very well could be!
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Clemenza's death, natural or not? - 03/15/06 07:00 PM

[Linked Image]

I'm guessing he didn't eat porridge for breakfast and go jogging.

And according to the novel, his favourite breakfast drink was black coffee laced with anisette.

I'd say heart attack is the favourite!
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Clemenza's death, natural or not? - 03/15/06 07:04 PM

Don't forget all the cooking he loved to do and the deleted scene where he stopped to have a huge lunch while letting Rocco and Paulie sit in the car!

I say a heart attack brought on by his unhealthy eating with aggravation from the Rosatto brothers being the final straw in the camel's back.

And Frankie knew what Clemenza was going through with the Rossato brothers and that is why he and Willie Cicci blamed the Rosatto brothers for causing Clemenza's death.

Don Cardi cool
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET