Home

If Michael had not been alone...

Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 02:46 AM

Yesteday GF was playing on TV and I took advantage to se the movie once again. When the Sollozo killing comes, I paid attention, when Michael asks to go to the toilet....

What would have happened if Sollozo would have decided to go with Michael to the toilet to make sure that nothing strange could take place? I would have gone with Michael if I was the one in that situation, I would never allow anyone to go alone if I am supposed to be in danger(Of course Sollozo thought he was safe, but you never are safe).
Posted By: Santino Jr

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 05:47 AM

Damn, you gotta be serious? Its like watching a kid going to the bathroom and in a way its like you are a homosexual.

And if Sollozzo or Captain McClusky did follow me in the bathroom, I would just act calm. Walk in the bathroom, search for the gun and blow the shit out of them.
Posted By: Pippi

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 12:15 PM

I dont see how its like watching a kid. It would be watching a adult, a kid doesn't come into it.Of course he could of sent McCluskey to the toilet with him to make sure nothing went on as in standing outside the cubicle) but then that could leave an opening for someone else to come in and kill Sollozo. Sollozo thought he was safe. Gunning down a cop is something that Sollozo thought as impossible and as Micheal would have to do it in order to get away with the crime, Sollozo could see no harm in Micheal going to the bathroom.

Pippi
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 12:53 PM

Originally posted by Santino Jr:
And if Sollozzo or Captain McClusky did follow me in the bathroom, I would just act calm. Walk in the bathroom, search for the gun and blow the shit out of them.
Yeah, I'm sure they would do nothing during half the minute Michael was searching for the gun, and then they would just let him pull the trigger.
rolleyes
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 01:14 PM

Originally posted by Santino Jr:
Damn, you gotta be serious? Its like watching a kid going to the bathroom and in a way its like you are a homosexual.
You are having a Mafia meeting, you are totally serious, no jokes at all. Not going to the toilet with Michael was one of the reasons wich Sollozo was killed without realizing.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 02:20 PM

Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
...I would have gone with Michael if I was the one in that situation, I would never allow anyone to go alone if I am supposed to be in danger...
Sollozo frisked him before he went in. McClusky had frisked him in the car (he'd frisked a thousand young punks). He was 'clean'. He'd asked permission to use the bathroom per Clemenza's instructions. As far as they knew, nobody from the Corleone Family even knew where they were.

Though clearly Sollozo thought it odd that he'd have to get up to use the men's room during such an important meeting...like McClusky said, 'When you gotta go, you gotta go.'

As far as the they were concerned, there was no danger, no reason to follow Mike in.

Apple
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 03:32 PM

I thought Sollolzzo was a little suspicious, but McCluskey was clueless.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 04:14 PM

Originally posted by dontomasso:
but McCluskey was clueless.
Yea all he cared about was feeding his face. lol
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 04:29 PM

If Sollozzo followed him into the bathroom, no killing would have taken place, and we wouldn't have had the GF Trilogy.

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 04:36 PM

[Linked Image]

Way to go, Turnbull!!!

Nice to know there are others capable of a reply like that.

Apple
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 10:01 PM

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[Linked Image]

Way to go, Turnbull!!!

Nice to know there are others capable of a reply like that.

Apple
Apple, I was thinking of you with that reply. We should form the Filmic License Club--our motto, Drama, Si! Logic, No!
grin
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/11/06 10:26 PM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
If Sollozzo followed him into the bathroom, no killing would have taken place, and we wouldn't have had the GF Trilogy.
Yes, we might have had a 1970's version of Brokeback Mountain instead.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/12/06 01:52 AM

Man, that would have sucked, it was bad enough having a 2006 Brokeback Mountain.

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/12/06 02:05 AM

Careful, you guys...after all, how would you feel if you were the parent of one of those 'Brokenback Mountain' guys ????

Apple
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/12/06 05:11 AM

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Careful, you guys...after all, how would you feel if you were the parent of one of those 'Brokenback Mountain' guys ????

Apple
Save it for the GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD Apple! You're not going to "push any buttons" here! tongue lol wink

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Darulerric

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/12/06 08:18 AM

i dont think solozzo wanted to do that cause in a way it shows disrespect and wat if's i mean its a movie if that happened the whole plot would be diff

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/12/06 01:45 PM

Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[QUOTE]...Save it for the GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARD Apple! ...
lol

You're just too darn sharp, DC!!

[Linked Image]

Apple
Posted By: goombah

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/14/06 06:53 PM

The novel also addresses the fact that Michael thought a few of the customers in the restaurant could have been with Sollozzo (referred to as "Sollozzo plants" I believe). If that were the case, Sollozzo most likely felt safe that the bathroom had been checked by one of his men.
Posted By: segnorina

Re: If Michael had not been alone... - 02/15/06 11:30 AM

If,if,if...
Just enjoy the movie...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET