Home

worst acted moment

Posted By: norweejun

worst acted moment - 01/25/04 11:39 PM

OK.. this is a tough one, but I am curious what you all think was the worst acted line, or moment in the trilogy. I have mine but I I wont say it till after a few votes are collected. It's like a caucus.
Posted By: cannoli

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 12:02 AM

Any scene Eli Wallach's in in GF3 gets MY nod. But as for any SERIOUSLY overacted scene: I'd have to pick Connie going after Michael at the end of GF1. GOD, that is simply dreadful acting.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 01:19 AM

Anything with George Hamilton!
Posted By: Stylistic

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 01:38 AM

Sofia Coppola....

"DAD...."

worst...

and an honorable mention to most of her scenes in part 3
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 03:05 AM

No doubt, it was anything from Sofia. For the love of God, most deaf people could sound better. She was horrible, and single-handly cost her dad the oscar.
Posted By: norweejun

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 05:07 AM

I agree with Stylistic... that one word...... so so so so so poorly done.... I wonder how many takes THAT took. so so so bad
Posted By: Accardo

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 10:05 AM

Yeah, Sofia and Michael in the garden. Truly dreadful.
Posted By: Don Luciano

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 12:08 PM

Originally posted by Accardo:
Yeah, Sofia and Michael in the garden. Truly dreadful.
I second that.
Followed by the scene earlier with Mary and Vincenzo at the party "i'm you're little cousin.....".

Lets give credit where its due though, for all the slating of Sofia Coppola on these boards, she deserves recogniton for being an amazing Director/Producer. Well done Sofia!!!!
Posted By: boneear

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 12:57 PM

What a depressing topic rolleyes lol
Gotta be Connie "You heartless bastard"
rolleyes
orange
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 02:42 PM

Since GF is such a masterpiece and I love most everything about it, I really hate to pick apart the acting, because overall it was sensational IMHO. I agree about Sofia and Eli Wallach was kind of unintentionally comical, but I totally disagree about Connie. ohwell She was a timid mousey type personality, who most likely was taught to never speak out, and played the part very well. I have no complaints about the acting especially as far as the main characters go.

TIS
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 05:25 PM

Most of the Eli Wallach scenes were bad, but the worst was when he came into Michael's office and wrote him a check.

When Rocco get shot in the airport it reminds of the old gangster movies. Very phony.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 05:39 PM

yeah I always found it troubling with Godfather Part III Michael and Mary talking in the garden. Sophia's acting was plain and I cringed at that moment. She has my admiration and respect though for her filmmaking skills.
Posted By: king henrik

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 10:01 PM

Originally posted by cannoli:
I'd have to pick Connie going after Michael at the end of GF1. GOD, that is simply dreadful acting.
yeah thats worse cos the voice over and the miming dont syncronise 100% there so it seems worse. orange grin
Posted By: Stylistic

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 10:51 PM

I think we all agree that FFC casting Sofia in part 3 was a terrible move...
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: worst acted moment - 01/26/04 11:21 PM

I'm not saying it was a right decision to cast his own daughter for leading role as Mary Corleone, but I'll understand it as he was experincing problems and knew it would cost alot more money to recast for that role. For an 18 year old she did her job as well as it can be expected from an 18. There were some scenes I liked and some I didn't. Also Francis likes to involve all family into the production of Godfather films and after losing his son having his own daughter be shot maybe he thought he could convey more drama to that moment.
Posted By: The Ant

Re: worst acted moment - 01/27/04 12:24 AM

i think we should exclude GFIII and Sofia, because everyone's saying it and it's not doing much good to the original poster. i think we can all agree that is the worst, now the second worst?
Posted By: OleificioAndreassi

Re: worst acted moment - 01/27/04 03:35 AM

i hate to say it but Jonny Fontane in the office is one of the worst
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: worst acted moment - 01/28/04 03:02 AM

DAD?(no Mary, thats not your dad, he's an alien) and then she *SITS* not falls, but sits down on the steps. I thought, "God she's dead,finally!" but then you see how much she means to Mike and I felt bad for thinking that grin
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: worst acted moment - 01/28/04 03:58 AM

Yea DSC, I know what you mean. Johnny Fontaine, well that wasn't too much of a big deal to me, everyone knows Martino isn't really an actor, and it was all right for the short part he played.

Mary, (Sofia) had a little bigger role and I kind of feel sorry for her, because I think she tried, but look at it this way. In the final "dad" scene after her shooting, Al Pacino's intensity sort of takes away from her lack of it. Don't ya think?? ohwell

Besides, from what I hear, it seems that Sofia found her niche in directing and may stick with that. She sure has a good teacher.

TIS
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: worst acted moment - 01/28/04 01:40 PM

When Al Martino (Johnny F.) is going to sign the contracts for Michael there is a moment when he pauses and he gives Michael a blank look. The look almost says, "no sorry Mike, I'm not going to sign." He is a real stiff. Show a little enthusiasm Johnny!!
Posted By: Lakeville Road Boy

Re: worst acted moment - 01/28/04 06:10 PM

Woltz at his mansion. He sounded like George's father on Seinfeld.
Posted By: deathkiss

Re: worst acted moment - 01/29/04 11:33 AM

Eli Wallach was pretty bad. He was so comical when he left out of the commission boardroom.
Posted By: Connie_Corleone

Re: worst acted moment - 01/30/04 07:37 AM

Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I agree about Sofia and Eli Wallach was kind of unintentionally comical, but I totally disagree about Connie. ... She was a timid mousey type personality, who most likely was taught to never speak out, and played the part very well.
TIS
I agree with this one. Connie was out of her head with grief, and spoke up for probably the first time in her life -- remember at the end of GF2, where Sonny tells her (pretty much) to shut up and she just ... does? When years of that type of repression come out, it isn't going to be pretty.

And I can't even watch GF3 because if I watch Sofia C's horrid acting again, I will scratch my eyes out. My god ... even in the STILLS she sucks. Everyone else is in character and she's grinning like a kid getting their school picture taken. UGH
Posted By: Mignon

Re: worst acted moment - 01/31/04 09:45 PM

The way Senator Geary says Car-lee-on
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: worst acted moment - 02/01/04 12:06 AM

Sonny's dreadful miss (and Carlo's dreadful reaction). smile

Mick
Posted By: Mario Anthony

Re: worst acted moment - 02/03/04 05:52 PM

Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:

Mick
Posted By: Mario Anthony

Re: worst acted moment - 02/03/04 05:55 PM

Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:

Mick
This always struck me as the worst editing job I've ever seen. What was Coppola thinking when He allowed this "wild miss" into the film. I initially thought it must have been added for the TV version. Sadly this was not the case.
.. like so many nickles and dimes.
Posted By: Bella_Dana

Re: worst acted moment - 02/04/04 08:32 AM

when mary says "DAD" it sounded to me like she wants to ask him somethin not like she got shot.
Posted By: SenatorGeary

Re: worst acted moment - 02/04/04 09:34 PM

Basically every word spoken by Sophia...

If I had to narrow it down though... Id say near the beginning of GFIII when she meets Vincent at the party... just flat out bad acting..
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: worst acted moment - 02/04/04 11:13 PM

Originally posted by La_Bella_Dana:
when mary says "DAD" it sounded to me like she wants to ask him somethin not like she got shot.
It does doesnt it.
DAD?......Do you think I'm a bad actor?
Posted By: Bella_Dana

Re: worst acted moment - 02/05/04 07:56 AM

Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Originally posted by La_Bella_Dana:
[b] when mary says "DAD" it sounded to me like she wants to ask him somethin not like she got shot.
It does doesnt it.
DAD?......Do you think I'm a bad actor? [/b]
yeah something like that. lol
Posted By: Capo Status

Re: worst acted moment - 02/06/04 02:43 AM

Mcluskey at the hospital, "why you little punk..." i found it painfull to sit through his, i dont know how to word it, but if you watch it, its just not right. i dunno, anyone else agree?
Posted By: Rosetta

Re: worst acted moment - 02/07/04 03:15 AM

I might be new here, but I'm no stranger to all 3 GF movies. Aside from what's been mentioned, another one for me is Michael in #3 cupping the glass of orange juice , and slurping it like a dehydrated desert nomad who's just found a damp cloth to suck on. What about when he falls out of his chair at the end being left for wild dogs to ravage him. Pret-ty bad.
Posted By: Don Vanchenzo

Re: worst acted moment - 02/07/04 06:29 PM

Gold: Geary in Fredo's whorehouse ("I remember she was laughing.")
Silver: Mary's death scene. ("Daaaaaaad?")
Bronze: The fight between Sonny & Carlo. (The "whiff")

Very Dishonorable Mention: Mary's re-introduction to Vinnie. orange
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: worst acted moment - 02/07/04 06:59 PM

everytime i read worst act Al Neri comes in my mind first. His aiming on Barzini was a Big No No. Awkward for a tough guy like him.

GoodFella
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET