http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfwSNLJ1sKk

News story on the compound then, and now
Posted By: Sweet_Lorraine

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/17/10 12:13 AM

Thanks for posting this!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/17/10 02:27 AM

Jeff,

That was very interesting. smile We have posted pictures of the house before and all know that GF used the home for filming, but this is the first I've seen the owner and heard this story. The 8mm film his mom took of the filming of the filming would be really fun to watch. Just Lou has been by the house and taken pictures of the outside.

Good story, thanks!!

TIS
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/17/10 11:51 AM

Awesome. Imagine all that happening in and around your own home. Has anyone gone to the house in person? How friendly is the family to fans? I wouldn't go knocking on their front door or anything but I would like to swing by and take some pictures. Just hard for someone from MD to make it out to Staten Island when I visit NYC.
Posted By: The Last Woltz

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/17/10 01:24 PM

Thanks, Jeff. Amazing stuff.

I'd love to see those 8mm films.

Incidentally, the anchor mentions that 25% of Americans call GF their favorite film. Any idea where he got that figure?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/17/10 02:52 PM

Thanks for posting. That was terrific. And my favorite news anchor, Greg Kelly, too!
Posted By: Danito

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/17/10 11:48 PM

Wow!
He says, he might sell his mother's 8 hours making of film at the 40th anniversary of The Godfather. I can't wait for 2011.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/18/10 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Jeff,

That was very interesting. smile We have posted pictures of the house before and all know that GF used the home for filming, but this is the first I've seen the owner and heard this story. The 8mm film his mom took of the filming of the filming would be really fun to watch. Just Lou has been by the house and taken pictures of the outside.

Good story, thanks!!

TIS

That was awesome. I may have to pay a visit again. Ironically, I now live 5 miles from the house, but haven't been there in awhile. The last time I was there I met the old man from that TV clip. He is very nice, and seemed to like the attention his house gets.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/18/10 02:47 PM

JL,

First of all hello and how are you. Haven't seen you around. wink

I tried checking to see if I could find the owner's e-mail. I wanna ask if he'd allow us to "met" there. How totally awesome would that be? But his name is Ed Norton (The Honeymooners) lol Too common a name I think. I would love to see the 8mm film someday too. No sound, but oh Norton could probably tell some stories. smile

TIS
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/18/10 05:29 PM

I've been around. If not here, playing 'Mafia Wars' on Facebook with JG. wink
When I met Ed's father, he told me some stories. I thought he might be annoyed that I was outside taking pics, but was very friendly. Hopefully that 8mm film gets put out on something.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/19/10 12:33 PM

One of the coolest posts I have ever seen. Great job, jeff.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/19/10 07:52 PM

WOW!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/19/10 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger
Awesome. Imagine all that happening in and around your own home. Has anyone gone to the house in person?

Back in '05 at the BB Weekend myself, Geoff, Becky, DMC went to the house. That was alot of fun to see the house and step on the property. I'll have to find that pic of me there and post it.
Posted By: SimoneMC

Re: Video on Godfather location - 05/30/10 02:08 PM

Wow - my first post on the board, but I just wanted to add my appreciation for the link. That was a great video!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET