Home

Connie's Transformation

Posted By: Vincent_Mancini_Corleone

Connie's Transformation - 05/13/10 01:36 AM

Hey Guys,

We all agree that Connie in the first two movies was a harmed but spoiled individual but what make her become one of the valuable assets in the GFIII? I understand she realized what she was doing was wrong and started respecting michael at the end of the II film but are there any other factors? Fredo's Death? Mama Corleone's Death? Or Anything Else? I was just curious... I apologize if I am asking questions that seem "obvious" to you, but I was just curious

Any Feedback Appreciated!
Posted By: olivant

Re: Connie's Transformation - 05/13/10 02:34 AM

Connie finally realized that she was complicit in Fredo's death and once she confronted that reality she couldn't deal with it. Consequently, she threw in her lot with Michael. It was a refuge of sorts for her, somewhere she could assuage her guilt by doing what she could to defend Michael against real or imagined enemies.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Connie's Transformation - 05/14/10 12:31 AM

Well, in GFII after their mother died, Connie DID say to Michael that she wanted to stay close to home and take care of him.

One can probably assume that over all the years of doing just that and probably having no one else in her life (apparently not even her sons as they had no part in GFIII) she had grown closer and more protective of Michael - and more the classic Italian matriarch - with every passing day. She would have watched him build the Corleone empire to heights even their father might not have dreamed of What appears to us as a 'transformation' was more like an evolution that took place over nearly 2 decades. The only thing that's a bit hard to swallow is how she ended up with so much 'clout' on the business end...but even that makes a little sense if you consider the deep trust & bonding that may have formed between brother & sister who were raised in the same world.

In fact, Connie's 'transformation' is far easier to watch than Michael's who for most of GFIII is a clown compared to his earlier self.

Apple
Posted By: olivant

Re: Connie's Transformation - 05/14/10 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
In fact, Connie's 'transformation' is far easier to watch than Michael's who for most of GFIII is a clown compared to his earlier self.

Apple

"Conscience makes clowns of us all."
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Connie's Transformation - 05/14/10 03:01 AM

lol

Very fitting, olivant!

Would that line be one of the many overreaching, overwritten, over dramatic and underwhelming bits of dialogue from a scene in GFIII that I mercifully missed???
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET