Home

The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition

Posted By: XDCX

The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 11/01/05 02:58 PM

I had totally forgotten that this was being re-released, this month no less (well, October really, seeing as today is the first day of November.)

Has anyone gotten around to picking it up? Any notable revisions made to an already great read? Any props for the GangsterBB? Thoughts people! smile

[b]Amazon.com -- The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition[/b]
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 11/01/05 03:33 PM

This is definetly going on the Christmas list. The old one is kind of hard to find, I cant wait to get my hands on this.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 11/01/05 08:02 PM

XDCX-

Thanks for reminding me. I'll have to buy that for myself for my b-day coming up. It was about this time last year when I bought the first one. I noticed that the cover is different.
Posted By: SC

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 02/02/06 02:28 AM

I just got my copy of Harlan Lebo's revised and updated edition of "The Godfather Legacy" and guess who made the acknowledgements....

I quote (from Harlan Lebo): "My friend J. Geoff Malta, the creator of TheGodfatherTrilogy.com, and all of the participants in the Web site who offered so many useful suggestions for this revised edition".

A quick perusal of the book shows that the changes/corrections we suggested were, in fact, put through.

This book remains THE one book to own for any "Godfather" fan. If you don't already own it, or if you want to get the updated version its on sale all over the world (including through Geoff's site).
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 02/02/06 03:01 AM

Sounds quite nice!

Now, can you (or someone else who has the revised edition) give an overview or summary of what has been revised? I only have the original edition.

Signor V.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 02/02/06 03:41 AM

I just bought the original from Ebay a while ago. Should be in my mailbox any day now...
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 02/02/06 10:54 PM

Just came in the mail today. [Linked Image] Can't wait to start reading it!
Posted By: The Hollywood Finochio

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 05/05/06 04:28 PM

Id also like to know if what the differences are so I can make my decision on whether to update on the old one
Posted By: whisper

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 06:52 PM

YEAH!!!!I just purchased this yesterday.I thought i was going to have to order it from the net.But i went to my local Mall,went into the biggest bookshop and guess what?.It was sitting right there facing me in the cinema section.Its also the revised edition.I went out for a smoke after buying it and noticed with in 3 minutes the shout out to Geoff and his site.So far i have read about a quarter way through.Its excellent and im loving it.I cant believe i didn't own it sooner.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 07:15 PM

It's the bible for GF fans--a must for serious posters here.

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
It's the bible for GF fans--a must for serious posters here.

I know.I still cant believe how much time ive wasted not owning this book!!!!
Seriously though,anyone who doesn't own this,has to get it.Get it now!!!! Now!!!!!Now!!!!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under
YEAH!!!!I just purchased this yesterday.I thought i was going to have to order it from the net.But i went to my local Mall,went into the biggest bookshop and guess what?.It was sitting right there facing me in the cinema section.Its also the revised edition.I went out for a smoke after buying it and noticed with in 3 minutes the shout out to Geoff and his site.So far i have read about a quarter way through.Its excellent and im loving it.I cant believe i didn't own it sooner.

I'm happy for you Whisper, but while you were there, you should have picked up a book on punctuation. \:p

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
 Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under

I'm happy for you Whisper, but while you were there, you should have picked up a book on punctuation. \:p

Actually i agree with you.Im a terrible speller amongst other things.It's quite annoying how i massacre the English language at times.
I hunger for knowledge.Im thirsty for it.Feed me oh wise members of this board.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 07:22 PM

Ah, phooey!!

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 09:00 PM

I am surprised that there hasn't been more in depth discussions about this book.
Harlan Lebo did a fantastic job producing this.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 10:18 PM

There have been plenty of references to Lebo's book. But you should search for an impressive thread that Our Don started prior to publication of the second edition of Lebo's book. Lebo contacted Geoff to ask if people on these boards had any corrections, suggestions, etc. that he should include or consider for the second edition. There was a big output of erudition from people here. And, being asked to contribute to the GF fans' bible was an honor for all of us.
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
There have been plenty of references to Lebo's book. But you should search for an impressive thread that Our Don started prior to publication of the second edition of Lebo's book. Lebo contacted Geoff to ask if people on these boards had any corrections, suggestions, etc. that he should include or consider for the second edition. There was a big output of erudition from people here. And, being asked to contribute to the GF fans' bible was an honor for all of us.

wow that sounds incredible

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/13/07 10:36 PM

I cant find the thread TB.

Do you mind posting the link??

Thanks

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/14/07 12:40 AM

Here's the link (below); Mr. Lebo responded on page 2:

HARLAN LEBO AND RELATED INFO ON THESE BOARDS

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/14/07 12:49 AM

Thanks SC.

As always,i appreciate it.
Posted By: Carson_Corleone

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/14/07 04:57 PM

Funny this thread popped up, I ordered mine from Amazon 2 weeks ago and it just arrived. Haven't delved deep into it yet, but certainly plan on it \:D
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/14/07 08:02 PM

Great stuff, ill probably buy this some time.

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 07/15/07 09:37 AM

I just finished it today.I'm actually a little annoyed that i have finished it already,as i was enjoying it so much.I wish it was longer in length but that being said,it's a fantastic book which covers all the bases.Another thing in the back of my head, that made the book even extra special,was the fact that users on this very site,helped Lebo with ideas and how to make the book better.
A great read and a great Godfather item to add to my growing collection.
10 / 10 \:D
Posted By: Hondo

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 09/29/07 02:05 AM

Many thanks for leading me to this thread. However, I am still anxious to learn if it is worthwhile to buy the revised edition. Has anyone picked up any significant changes to the original?

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 09/29/07 02:13 AM

Significant?? Not really, but its more accurate now.

Check it out at a bookstore and see for yourself. Dunno where in Bethpage you are but there's a Border's on 110 that has it.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: The Godfather Legacy: Revised Edition - 09/29/07 02:18 AM

I only have the revised edition, so I have no idea what the differences might be. But it is an excellent book.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET