Home

GF Influence : Food For Thought

Posted By: Don Cardi

GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/18/05 01:04 PM

The other night, I was on my laptop scrolling the boards. My wife was sitting there and glanced over at my laptop and saw that I was on the boards. So she turns to me and says
"How long have you been watching The Godfather movie?"
So I look at her and replied " Since I was ten years old. " She says to me "Do you realize how much it has influenced your life?" and with this puzzled look I say " Of course, many of the dialogue applies to real life situations." and she says "That is not what I am talking about, think about something, had the Godfather never been made, or had you not had such a passionate interest in it, then you would have NEVER met all the people that you've gone out to dinner with and spent those weekends with from the boards. You would have never met all those people and become such good friends with them! Think about that, how a movie has opened up such good frienships for you and afforded you the chance to even be friends with them."

It got me really thinking of how a love for one movie has really mapped out some roads in making friends and meeting such great people. Both in person and on the boards.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: plawrence

Re: GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/18/05 01:18 PM

I agree 100%, DC.

That's why I always think it's ridiculous when I read comments here suggesting that this is not "real life", or something.

Some of my friends from here have proven, in a relatively short time, to be better friends than some friends I've had for 20 years.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/18/05 02:17 PM

Well said DC, and it proves that life does imitate art.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/18/05 07:12 PM

I agree 100 percent. The films, and especially these boards, are catalysts for friendship.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/18/05 07:16 PM

Your wife is 100% right. Had Geoff never had this site I wouldn't have had the oppurtunity to met some of the people on the boards this year. I love meeting the people in person and on the BB. smile smile smile
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/18/05 08:24 PM

Originally posted by Mignon:
Your wife is 100% right. Had Geoff never had this site I wouldn't have had the oppurtunity to met some of the people on the boards this year. I love meeting the people in person and on the BB. smile smile smile
Now don't go giving Geoff credit over FFC! wink

But you are right. Geoff has given us all the opportunity to make some great friends from these boards. I've been lucky enough to meet some people from here that I now consider good friends, yes, even you Geoff! eek tongue wink

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/18/05 08:37 PM

Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Originally posted by Mignon:
[b] Your wife is 100% right. Had Geoff never had this site I wouldn't have had the oppurtunity to met some of the people on the boards this year. I love meeting the people in person and on the BB. smile smile smile
Now don't go giving Geoff credit over FFC! wink

But you are right. Geoff has given us all the opportunity to make some great friends from these boards. I've been lucky enough to meet some people from here that I now consider good friends, yes, even you Geoff! eek tongue wink

Don Cardi cool [/b]
Gangsterbb is really great place where you can find good people from all over the world!!!
and diffrent religons:
There are Christans, Jew, Muslims, Hindus and others...
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/18/05 09:24 PM

Good topic, DC. You're totally right!

When it comes to the GF, there's more to it than fiction. Mario Puzo and FFC did a great job at bringing the characters and the story alive.

It's nice knowing the people on these boards. Who share the same interests, and respect some of the finer things in life. If something like this can be made, there's so much more to the GF that people don't know about.
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/19/05 09:19 AM

We also have to thank Al Gore for inventing the internet!
Posted By: Harry

Re: GF Influence : Food For Thought - 10/19/05 12:28 PM

Originally posted by Don Cardi:
..my wife was sitting there and glanced over at my laptop and saw that I was on the boards. So she turns to me and says "How long have you been watching The Godfather movie?" So I look at her and replied " Since I was ten years old."
Don Cardi, "Never tell anyone outside the family what your thinking again"!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET