Home

Godfathers relationship with Connie

Posted By: johnny ola

Godfathers relationship with Connie - 10/10/05 12:37 AM

In GFII we see a couple of references by Connie to her father, about how things were better with him, yet in GFI, we really don't see much interaction between the two, other then dancing with her at her wedding. Why does she have such a strong respect and love for her father, when it is my understanding, that in the "old line" Italian families, a daughter isn't held at the same level as sons? confused
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Godfathers relationship with Connie - 10/10/05 03:45 AM

well, in the novel it said Vito spoiled her and was soft on her. When Vito heard of Connie coming home after Carlo beat her, it was the first time he was actually got angry with her and was like he's your husband now, you actually deserve it. In Part 1, he also admits that he has spoiled his children to Sollozo. Connie would do anything for her father, as everyone loved Vito.

Re: Godfathers relationship with Connie - 10/10/05 03:50 AM

Originally posted by Don Lights:
well, in the novel it said Vito spoiled her and was soft on her. When Vito heard of Connie coming home after Carlo beat her, it was the first time he was actually got angry with her and was like he's your husband now, you actually deserve it. In Part 1, he also admits that he has spoiled his children to Sollozo. Connie would do anything for her father, as everyone loved Vito.
Good observation. Too bad the film didn't show just a little more interaction between Vito and Connie. cool
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Godfathers relationship with Connie - 10/10/05 04:55 AM

I always wondered why Connie seemed to blame Michael for their father's death in GFII.

At the dinner table at Anthony's party, she says something like "Happy together as a family, be true if my father were still alive," and then glares at Mike.

I dont see how she could be blaming him. Kind of strange.

Re: Godfathers relationship with Connie - 10/10/05 05:01 AM

Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
I always wondered why Connie seemed to blame Michael for their father's death in GFII.

At the dinner table at Anthony's party, she says something like "Happy together as a family, be true if my father were still alive," and then glares at Mike.

I dont see how she could be blaming him. Kind of strange.
I dont believe she was blaming Mike for their fathers death. I think she was saying how much different and better it was with Vito as head of the family.
Posted By: Hagit2

Re: Godfathers relationship with Connie - 10/10/05 07:57 AM

I don't think it's a matter of blaming Michael for Vito's death but missing the "good old days" when Vito was the Don and Sony and Carlo were alive and everyone was happy as we see at the wedding in the beginging of GFI. Of caurse it's not exaclly accurate but we all tend to look at the past and idealize it. orange orange cool
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET