Home

Godfather Parody On Seinfeld

Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/19/04 06:33 AM

This is old and i bet you've proboblly all seen it but i just saw it for the first time yesterday and ill mention it for those who havnt seen this episode.

Basically the background info is that these friends of Jerry wanted him to be godfather to their baby. The had second thoughts and wanted Kramer.

Jerry's Friends: We don't want you to be Godfather anymore Jerry. Kraimer is to be the Godfather.

Godfather Theme song begins playing

Jerry: What? Why?

Kraimer: Don't ever go against the family Jerry.

Jerry's friends follow kraimer out into the hall out of the apartment, and begin kissing Kraimers hands, like Clemenza and his men do to Michael in the end of part I.

Jerry's Friends Oh godfather (while kissing his hands.)

[i]the door is then shut on jerry, George, and Ellane, and filmed as the office door is shut on Kay.[/b]
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/19/04 06:55 AM

I find that to be an insult to one of the greatest movies ever made.

Sienfeld give me a break. rolleyes
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/19/04 07:05 AM

I find it hilarious. I swear to god sometimes i think i'm the only one whith a sense of humor on this site.
Posted By: SenatorGeary

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/19/04 03:07 PM

That was a great episode..
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/19/04 04:04 PM

Yea, I remember that episode. I thought it was hilarious. lol

TIS
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/19/04 04:53 PM

I think the Godfather film with imitations of Brando as Vito, is proably the most of any film. I remember seeing Freddie Prinze doing it in "Chico and the Man", some 30 years ago. I think it is a great tribute to the popularity of the films. cool
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/19/04 05:18 PM

Is that the same one where Jerry says (about his thumb) My boy, look how they massacred my boy"?
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/19/04 05:52 PM

I haven't seen the parody, but from the great description it sounds funny. I think it wouldn't insult the movie and even honor it.
Posted By: TheCrazyMan

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/20/04 04:34 AM

Yeah, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

And another Godfather homage. An episode of the Simpsons where Marge gets mugged, and is scared to go outside. She works out, and suddenly is brave to venture back outdoors. She meets up with the mugger that scared the Bejesus out of her, and she proceeds to pummel him, and the next scene u see is Marge beating the crap out of him exactly as Sonny beat the crap out of Carlo.

Even Flanders acted like one of the hired goons getting the kids playing away from the fight.

Amazing what this movie can do to pop culture.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/20/04 10:35 PM

Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Is that the same one where Jerry says (about his thumb) My boy, look how they massacred my boy"?
Yes it is!

The Simpsons have also done a few great "Godfather" references. One episode features Marge Simpson beating the snot out of someone in the EXACT sequence (garbage can lid included) as Sonny beating up Carlo.
Posted By: Brasibadboy2004

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/21/04 12:08 AM

There's another reference to the GF films in a Seinfeld in which I think George is trying desperately to figure out a way out of his engagement to Susan. He quotes the line from GF III of "Just when I think I'm out....they pull me back in!!" and he does the hand gestures that Pacino did with that line.

I was also told of another simpsons in which someone tells someone else that Homer sleeps with the fishes. That person said "Homer's dead?!?" and the guy replied "No, he just sleeps with the fishes, that's all." That one is second hand, so I may be remembering it wrong.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/21/04 08:38 PM

Originally posted by Brasibadboy2004:
There's another reference to the GF films in a Seinfeld in which I think George is trying desperately to figure out a way out of his engagement to Susan. He quotes the line from GF III of "Just when I think I'm out....they pull me back in!!" and he does the hand gestures that Pacino did with that line.
Come to think of it, there's yet another reference from Seinfeld. Jerry's neighbor has a parrot named Fredo. Kramer hides a key in the bird's cage, which has something on it that accidently kills the bird. When confronted about the death of the bird, Kramer responds that "It's not my fault - Fredo was weak and stupid."

Not that there's anything wrong with it...
Posted By: beatlewho01-02

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/21/04 08:46 PM

Oh yeah, I remember those spoofs on Seinfeld and The Simpsons. I especially liked the Sonny beating Carlo spoof.
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/28/04 08:45 PM

There was also a Seinfeld where something concerning Newman happened at Jerry's apartment, and Jerry said, "In my home! My home! Where I sleep and play with my toys!"
Posted By: Don_Michael_Corleone

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 01/29/04 05:51 PM

long_lost_corleone - that is an insult to me and my family
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 05/11/04 03:01 AM

It must be Larry David. There are also Godfather references on "Curb Your Enthusiasm".
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 05/11/04 03:14 AM

I've seen both of the Seinfeld episodes and Larry David do his Godfather imitation on Curb Your Enthusiasm. The Godfather Trilogy has influenced pop culture like no other set of movies. Seinfeld and The Simpsons have had quite a few references and I'm sure there are more shows that have been impacted (in one way or another) but I can't think of any at this moment.
Posted By: Moksha

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 05/13/04 05:17 PM

I like the parodies done by The Simpsons. A couple favorites of mine are when Homer dreams of being "Don Homer," dressed up as Fanucci and given a free donut and when Bart gets ambushed by kids pelting snowballs, ala Sonny Corleone.
Posted By: TheCrazyMan

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 05/13/04 06:11 PM

which episode was that when bart gets pummelled by snowballs like Sonny's death?
Posted By: Moksha

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 05/13/04 06:18 PM

Originally posted by TheCrazyMan:
which episode was that when bart gets pummelled by snowballs like Sonny's death?
When Homer was Mr. Plow.
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 05/13/04 07:01 PM

fortunately I've seen all these episodes you talked about. The Godfather is my favorite movie and these are my favorite TV shows, so I really love this kinda homage. I remember another one in "The Simpsons" - I don't remember exactly what is going on in the episode. I think is that one when Homer gets a certificate to represent Krusty The Clown in events, and when Fat Tony and the mob go after Krusty to make him pay what he owns to them, they end up getting Homer. well, later they get Krusty too and then an old Don with a funny moustache says that if he and Homer make a spin with a mini-bycicle they will be forgiven, and while trying to do that, they walk through a bar with a lot of bottles, and as they knock their heads in them, it sounds like the Godfather theme.

there's a lot of other references to The Godfather in many shows, I remember seeing it in My Wife and Kids for example
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Godfather Parody On Seinfeld - 05/13/04 11:17 PM

This isnt the Godfather, but it was on last night,when Homer has to go to college, and Burns trys (unsuccessfully) to prusuade the college using a baseball bat,ala Capone in The Untouchables. I thought it was pretty funny.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET