Home

Where Is This Pic From ?

Posted By: Don Dallal

Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/27/08 10:36 PM

Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/27/08 10:50 PM

I think this is from a uncut scene from GF1 when Michael kills Fabrizzio.. Im pretty certain it is.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/27/08 10:52 PM

That's exactly where it's from, DeNiro. It is explained in detail in Harlan Lebo's THE GODFATHER LEGACY.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/27/08 10:53 PM

Thought so, thanks,

i would have liked to have seen this scene in the final cut, but i suppose there was many scenes that could have made the final cut but didn't.
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/27/08 11:04 PM

thanx for the replies guys !

is it also cut in the coppola restoration as a deleted scene like in the old boxset ,, or does it run in the movie ? coz that wud bud be awesome..

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/27/08 11:07 PM

No, Don Daddal. Unfortunately, I believe that cut is gone forever. I'm not sure if it was ever saved from the "cutting room floor."
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/28/08 01:33 AM

...and what's really aggravating is that, although there are many scenes that never made it, Paramount released photos of this one to tantalize us. What I wouldn't give to see that scene ($4 million?) lol.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/28/08 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
What I wouldn't give to see that scene ($4 million?) lol.

And to take a piss without it hurting?? tongue

I always wondered why that one scene never survived. And why they would have changed the story to have Michael personally shoot Fabrizzio.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/28/08 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

I always wondered why that one scene never survived. And why they would have changed the story to have Michael personally shoot Fabrizzio.

As much as it would have been nice to have seen Michael personally take his revenge on Fabrizzio, I think that his having him killed, blown up, in the same way that poor Appolonia was killed, was in it's own way more of a satifying revenge. It was that "eye for an eye" type satifaction.

Posted By: SC

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/28/08 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

As much as it would have been nice to have seen Michael personally take his revenge on Fabrizzio, I think that his having him killed, blown up, in the same way that poor Appolonia was killed, was in it's own way more of a satifying revenge. It was that "eye for and eye" type satifaction.

I disagree. I think it would have been more satisfying to see Michael blow Fabrizzio away (ESPECIALLY using the same luparra that Fabrizzio had used to guard Mike in Sicily). The shooting would have made it more personal (and we all know that Mike, just like his father, took everything personally).
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/28/08 03:07 AM

Alas, you know wherof you speak... cry
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/29/08 02:46 PM

Actually I liked the deleted scene in which Fabrizzio's car blows up. He dies the same way Appolonia died. That's justice.
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/30/08 04:11 AM

I don't know anything about the shooting schedule. Would the scene have been shot in Sicily?

Re: Where Is This Pic From ? - 09/30/08 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: mustachepete
I don't know anything about the shooting schedule. Would the scene have been shot in Sicily?

According to Lebo's book, that scene was shot in midtown Manhattan on a very hot, heavily trafficked day, which made completing it next to impossible. Plus, he claims that there was so much blood used in the scene, that it wasn't even believable. Those are the main reasons that the scene was scrapped. I don't have the book in front of me, but that's the gist of it.

You should really pick up THE GODFATHER LEGACY to read about it in detail.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET