Home

Guns N' Roses

Posted By: skaggerratt

Guns N' Roses - 06/13/05 11:27 PM

I am sure that many of you know this, since this footage is from 1992, but the rock group Guns N' Roses performs the Godfater Theme at their live concert in Tokyo Japan. This is the link to the page at yahoo.com. Yahoo Music It is a windows media file and can be easily downloaded. The audio quality is excellent while the video quality is average.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/13/05 11:52 PM

I have an audio copy. I love Slash's version.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/13/05 11:58 PM

WoW blush eek blush WoW
WoW eek blush eek WoW
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/14/05 12:00 AM

Wow that is incredible!
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/14/05 02:09 AM

That was really cool!
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/14/05 11:00 AM

Yea I have an audio copy of that, AMAZING! I love it... eek
Thanx for the Video smile
Posted By: DON BEEZ

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/14/05 03:05 PM

WOW. That's excellent. It makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck!! eek
Posted By: svsg

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/14/05 06:04 PM

It is excellent. But towards the end it loses all resemblence to the original tune. However I like this guitar version very much.

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/14/05 06:18 PM

I am so glad that all of you appreciate the video clip. I was a little worried that the video would be unapproriate for this bulletin board. Hope you all enjoy.
Posted By: Maple Leafs

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/15/05 01:29 PM

I was lucky enough to hear Slash do it live back in 1991/92. My friends and i seemed to be the only ones who knew he was playing the Godfather. We cheered wildly for him!!! it was so cool.
thanks for the link.
Posted By: SC

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/15/05 02:05 PM

Originally posted by skaggerratt:
I was a little worried that the video would be unapproriate for this bulletin board.
Not at all. Thanks for posting the link! smile
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/15/05 02:18 PM

that is awesome! thanks for posting skag.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/15/05 02:48 PM

I've had the audio file downloaded on my computer for a couple years now. It's awesome. I looked up the tabs online and learned how to play it, but as for the shredding at the end, only Slash can shred like that. He plays too fast for me. lol
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/15/05 02:56 PM

Great post. That was awesome. I don't care how crazy Axel is, GNR will always be great.

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/17/05 02:00 AM

Thank you for all of the praise. Off topic chit chat a little bit, GNR is my favorite band; Maple Leaf, where did you see them live? I know the recording was from their Use Your Illusion Tour in Japan, but the tour was all over the United States. Just Curious; Must have been a real treat to see them live. Too bad they were about 10 minutes past my prime.
Posted By: Maple Leafs

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/17/05 04:38 PM

Hi Skaggeratt,

I saw them in 87 opening for the Cult, and believe me, no one could make out any of their songs, or what Axl was singing. They were a mess. One year later, the Cult was opening for them, and GNR was becoming the hottest band around.
then i saw them twice more, both at the Use Your Illusion tours. Before they released the album, they played at the CNE Bandshell (half a stadium) with Skid Row opening (what an incredible double bill!!), and then a year or two later (same tour), i saw them play the whole CNE stadium with Metallica opening (another incredible double bill!!). The show with Metallica is the one that i remember the Godfather theme, though he probably payed it on both shows.
Great memories.

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/18/05 05:34 PM

Incredible. Thank you for the information.
Posted By: pramo_coroleone

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/28/05 06:13 PM

Thanks For Info about video clip godfather theme song from slash, good and , again thanks....
Posted By: Donfanucci

Re: Guns N' Roses - 06/28/05 06:48 PM

I have 2 different versions of this on my pc. One has Axel sinnging in the end and the other its just slash, thanks for posting the link.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET