Home

Tiny little details that you discovered

Posted By: Danito

Tiny little details that you discovered - 11/21/07 12:30 AM

Outside the hospital when Michael lights Enzo's cigarette, there's a little moment (perhaps half a second) where he is watching with astonishment that his own hands are not trembling. It's just a little detail underlining how Michael discovers that he's a cool person and a born leader.
Posted By: DonBowe

Re: Tiny little details that you discovered - 11/21/07 03:07 AM

yes i noticed that too about the second or third time i watched it
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Tiny little details that you discovered - 11/21/07 04:01 AM

yeah I re-created this scene for my film production class, when I was a freshmen as I thought it was a great scene with little or no dialogue that revealed character and there was great tension as to what could happen next.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Tiny little details that you discovered - 11/22/07 05:17 PM

No question that moment is thee, but I realy thought Michael realized how well he could handle things was the way he convinced that nurse to move his father's bed to another room, and in the same scene sarcastically tell Sonny on the phont "No, I won't panic."
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Tiny little details that you discovered - 11/22/07 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
No question that moment is thee, but I realy thought Michael realized how well he could handle things was the way he convinced that nurse to move his father's bed to another room, and in the same scene sarcastically tell Sonny on the phont "No, I won't panic."

To that point: the novel notes that Michael was "surprised" at how steady his hands were vis-a-vis Enzo's.

Another detail: Enzo da Baker was dressed pretty spiffily for a guy who was a POW just four months earlier.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Tiny little details that you discovered - 11/23/07 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Another detail: Enzo da Baker was dressed pretty spiffily for a guy who was a POW just four months earlier.

He must've been making a lot of dough (groan).
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Tiny little details that you discovered - 11/23/07 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Is that you SC?
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Tiny little details that you discovered - 11/23/07 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Yea he did to appear to have a lot of crust......
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Tiny little details that you discovered - 11/23/07 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

To that point: the novel notes that Michael was "surprised" at how steady his hands were vis-a-vis Enzo's.

Plus he had the same squeaky shoes of Luca Brasi.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET