Home

A good day for the "mall'

Posted By: Just Lou

A good day for the "mall' - 10/30/07 08:30 PM

Inspired by the nice weather, and seeing my old pictures again, I took a ride over to the "Corleone Mall" today. Not much has changed other than they've added a swimming pool.

Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/30/07 10:22 PM

Nice pictures
Posted By: Mignon

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/31/07 12:33 AM

Nice pic's Lou. I'd like to go back there one day. Since both you and DC live close by the both of you should go and have your picture taken in front of the house and post it.

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/31/07 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Nice pic's Lou. I'd like to go back there one day. Since both you and DC live close by the both of you should go and have your picture taken in front of the house and post it.

Not a bad idea. Too bad tomorrow is Halloween. We could have dressed up as Vito and Michael.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/31/07 12:45 AM

You mean Santino and Michael ;\)

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/31/07 01:09 AM

That would work too. ;\)

On another note, for years I've been trying to figure out what this stone thing in the yard is. It looks like some kind of ancient ruins. Here it is today, and from the movie:

Any ideas?
Posted By: SC

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/31/07 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
On another note, for years I've been trying to figure out what this stone thing in the yard is. It looks like some kind of ancient ruins.

Any ideas?

They buried Sonny under that. He was thinking of Lucy Mancini when he died.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/31/07 03:38 PM

What the hell kind of mall is this? I don't see any stores, a food court, nothing!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/31/07 03:38 PM

I'm glad this house never went to strangers.

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/31/07 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

I did a quick look-up of the approximate value of the property, and it is $1.9 million. Back in the late 90's, it was only in the $400's.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 10/31/07 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

I did a quick look-up of the approximate value of the property, and it is $1.9 million. Back in the late 90's, it was only in the $400's.

Damn, I would have given up to $500 for it.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 11/01/07 12:40 AM

damn, 1.4 mill doesn't buy you property like it used to. I hope one day to get a picture of me with the house.
Posted By: HamptonHitMan

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 11/15/07 06:58 PM

That would work too. ;\)

On another note, for years I've been trying to figure out what this stone thing in the yard is. It looks like some kind of ancient ruins. Here it is today, and from the movie:

Any ideas?

I think it's a stone oven. Used mostly for making bread. My wife's Gradmother had one similar that her Grandfather built. Her Gradmother used to make the best bread even after they stopped using the stone oven.

BTW, these are unbelievable pictures! Thanks for posting them. I wish I lived so close to the Corleones. ;\)

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 11/15/07 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: HamptonHitMan

I think it's a stone oven. Used mostly for making bread. My wife's Gradmother had one similar that her Grandfather built. Her Gradmother used to make the best bread even after they stopped using the stone oven.

BTW, these are unbelievable pictures! Thanks for posting them. I wish I lived so close to the Corleones. ;\)

Interesting. Thanks. What made me really wonder is that there are no visible openings from what I could see, and it just looks out of place in the middle of the yard.
Posted By: FrankCostello

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 11/16/07 05:21 AM

Those are beautiful pics? Maybe one day I will make the same pilgrimage. You know, pay my respects to the Godfather version of stone henge.
Posted By: HamptonHitMan

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 11/16/07 09:38 PM

Interesting. Thanks. What made me really wonder is that there are no visible openings from what I could see, and it just looks out of place in the middle of the yard.

Not positive of it being a oven, but it does remind me of it. No openings because it could have been filled in later? and out in the middle, because of the smoke when it was used? (The wife's Grandmother's wasn't close to the house)

I could be way off on all this. Could have been put there just to attract aliens?
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 11/17/07 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: HamptonHitMan

Not positive of it being a oven, but it does remind me of it. No openings because it could have been filled in later? and out in the middle, because of the smoke when it was used? (The wife's Grandmother's wasn't close to the house)

I could be way off on all this. Could have been put there just to attract aliens?

Are you saying Just Lou isn't a citizen of the U.S.?

Re: A good day for the "mall' - 11/17/07 06:42 AM

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET