Home

Marlon Brando"s role in the 2nd movie?

Posted By: stracci

Marlon Brando"s role in the 2nd movie? - 09/18/07 01:53 AM

Has it ever been said what exactly his role would have been in the 2nd movie. I've only heard that neogtiations broke down over money - was it ever stated if he would have a bigger role than the flashback birthday "Pearl Harbor" scene.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Marlon Brando"s role in the 2nd movie? - 09/18/07 02:29 AM

Flashbacks - fleshing out more of what's in the novel
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: Marlon Brando"s role in the 2nd movie? - 09/18/07 02:25 PM

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Godfather-Part-II.html

The above link is the original script and if you scroll down to the flashback scene you'll see what Brando was supposed to do. IMO its a good job he didnt turn up.
Posted By: stracci

Re: Marlon Brando"s role in the 2nd movie? - 09/19/07 01:36 AM

I agree, i prefer the ending without Brando
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Marlon Brando"s role in the 2nd movie? - 09/19/07 02:00 PM

Great as he was in The Godfather, GFII was better off without Brando who would have been chewing the scenery and sucking the air out of every one else's performance.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Marlon Brando"s role in the 2nd movie? - 09/19/07 02:04 PM

Everything happens for a reason. It's better the way it all ended up. If we had gotten Clemenza instead of Pentangeli or Vito in the final scene, instead of Sonny, I honestly don't think it would have been as powerful.
Posted By: 45ACP

Re: Marlon Brando"s role in the 2nd movie? - 09/20/07 11:19 PM

I really missed Clemenza more than anyone. He seemed so full of life and enjoyed eating, which I too also enjoy! The carpet episode with attending dialog was great. I also enjoyed Clemenza, eating his spaghetti at the table with Vito and Tessio discussing how to handle Don Fannucci. I would have enjoyed seeing Clemenza's character last to the end.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET