Home

Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure.

Posted By: Don Andrew

Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/01/07 02:43 AM

First previews of Don Vito Corleone action figure from McFarlane Toys.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/01/07 07:32 AM

It looks so REAL!
I LOVE IT!

I wish they make one of Michael and Santino... Fredo too
Clemenza and Tessio... Barzini too!

I think they should make one for all the characters
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/01/07 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Zadjali
It looks so REAL!
I LOVE IT!

I wish they make one of Michael and Santino... Fredo too
Clemenza and Tessio... Barzini too!

I think they should make one for all the characters

Give them time, if this sells, next will be Michael, then more to follow if Mike sells.

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/01/07 02:25 PM

How come after 35 years, all this sudden interest in "things" Godfather? Not that I am complaining, but why so long to come out with action figures, computer games, model cars etc? Possibly all the exposure on cable with all the Godfather Marathons?
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/01/07 05:21 PM

wow! I can't wait until January, I'm so gonna have that on my desk at work.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/01/07 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: johnny ola

How come after 35 years, all this sudden interest in "things" Godfather? Not that I am complaining, but why so long to come out with action figures, computer games, model cars etc? Possibly all the exposure on cable with all the Godfather Marathons?

Maybe the Sopranos with it's popularity as a mafia show.

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/02/07 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
 Originally Posted By: johnny ola

Maybe the Sopranos with it's popularity as a mafia show.

Then why not Soprano's action figures?
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/02/07 08:05 PM

I don't know. I'm just saying the Sopranos probably got a lot of people interested in the Godfather.
Posted By: YoungDonVito

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/04/07 04:08 PM

Yea I also hope they make some more characters. A Luca Brasi would be nice. Heck I hope they make all the main characters.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/04/07 04:11 PM

I really can't wait to put Sonny on top of Malibu Barbie.

But that's just me.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/05/07 04:26 AM

I took a look at the pictures, and here's my opinion:

All in all, not bad! Though the hair and hairline are a bit off, there is a pretty fair resemblance to Brando as Don Vito. I've seen worse - a lot worse.

But calling it an "action figure" is what puzzles me. It's really not. What it appears to be is a sculpted, painted, 6" tall "statuette". An "action figure" is usually a doll that can be posed, and this one looks to be in a permanently fixed position. It's not bad, mind you, it's just that what you see is what you get - now and forever. Sculpting the clothing is also one way of getting around the fact that the way fabric "hangs" and "folds" cannot be properly replicated in scale with a doll this size when using real cloth. On the other hand, the scale they're using appears to be what's called "dollhouse scale" where 1" = 1'. So, you can go your local dollhouse miniature shop and easily get furnishings to make a setting for the Don.

A Michael doll? A Sonny doll? Well, there would have to be negotiations with any living actor (or their agents) if their likeness is recognizable. And, that could get costly. (And Pacino wouldn't let his image be licensed for the recent Godfather Video Game - and the game certainly suffered.) With the Godfather figure, I'm sure they had to negotiate with the legal representatives for Brando's estate who control the use of his image. (And, probably also with Paramount.)

As for a Sonny figure, well, maybe it's a good thing that his trousers would probably be sculpted and non-removable! That would really be an "action" figure.

Signor V.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/05/07 11:22 AM

A Michael figure is a very good possibility because Pacino already sold his likeness to McFarlane for the Scarface figures.

Re: Finally...an autentic GF Action Figure. - 09/05/07 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
I took a look at the pictures, and here's my opinion:

All in all, not bad! Though the hair and hairline are a bit off, there is a pretty fair resemblance to Brando as Don Vito. I've seen worse - a lot worse.

But calling it an "action figure" is what puzzles me. It's really not. What it appears to be is a sculpted, painted, 6" tall "statuette". An "action figure" is usually a doll that can be posed, and this one looks to be in a permanently fixed position. It's not bad, mind you, it's just that what you see is what you get - now and forever. Sculpting the clothing is also one way of getting around the fact that the way fabric "hangs" and "folds" cannot be properly replicated in scale with a doll this size when using real cloth. On the other hand, the scale they're using appears to be what's called "dollhouse scale" where 1" = 1'. So, you can go your local dollhouse miniature shop and easily get furnishings to make a setting for the Don.

A Michael doll? A Sonny doll? Well, there would have to be negotiations with any living actor (or their agents) if their likeness is recognizable. And, that could get costly. (And Pacino wouldn't let his image be licensed for the recent Godfather Video Game - and the game certainly suffered.) With the Godfather figure, I'm sure they had to negotiate with the legal representatives for Brando's estate who control the use of his image. (And, probably also with Paramount.)

As for a Sonny figure, well, maybe it's a good thing that his trousers would probably be sculpted and non-removable! That would really be an "action" figure.

Signor V.

Why is it called an action figure? As a virile male, I rather have something called a "action figure" then having it called a "doll". My friends might worry if I invite them over to see my doll.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET