Home

Annabella as Mary just MHO

Posted By: starchild111

Annabella as Mary just MHO - 08/15/07 06:44 PM

Hellow fellow GF Lovers,

Ok I did a search on this one in the forums and didn't see any old posts on it so here goes...

Just my humble opionion on a recast in GFIII for Mary Coppola. I think Annabella Sciorra would have been awesome. She's a very talented actress and I think she has an uncanny resemblance to Talia Shire which would have made her even more perfect to play Talia's niece (Connie Corleone's niece) in GF III.

Annabella really would have made that film such a different one. It would have taken it to the next level.

Then a lot of Andy's scenes wouldn't have to have been cut (as rumored).

First 2 pics are Annabella -- Talia is the Black and White -- Don't they look like sisters/mother/daughter???

Starchild \:\)

Posted By: olivant

Re: Annabella as Mary just MHO - 08/15/07 06:58 PM

That's her now. What kind of an actress would she have been in that role 17 years ago?
Posted By: starchild111

Re: Annabella as Mary just MHO - 08/15/07 07:05 PM

Well she was very acclaimed in Jungle Fever which came out in 1991 and also in True Love which was out in 1989 (for which she received an Indipendent Spirit nod). So I think she had proved her chops early on.

Starchild
Posted By: Sopranorleone

Re: Annabella as Mary just MHO - 08/15/07 07:38 PM

True. It might have been better with Annabella. But, she probably would have thrown a sirloin at Vincent after he broke up with her.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Annabella as Mary just MHO - 08/15/07 07:42 PM

She actually tried out for the part, according to Lebo's book, but lost out to Winona Ryder.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Annabella as Mary just MHO - 08/17/07 03:06 PM

All right, then. Who woulda, coulda, shoulda played George Hamilton and Don Altobello's parts?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Annabella as Mary just MHO - 08/17/07 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
All right, then. Who woulda, coulda, shoulda played George Hamilton and Don Altobello's parts?

William Hickey could have played a great Altobello.

As for Hamilton's part...ANYONE but Hamilton!
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Annabella as Mary just MHO - 08/17/07 08:56 PM

Annabella - good pick!

Altobello - Don Knotts
B.J. Harrison (Hamilton) - Chevy Chase
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Annabella as Mary just MHO - 08/17/07 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

B.J. Harrison (Hamilton) - Chevy Chase

Chase would have been more convincing in that role than Hamilton and his orange looking skin.

Someone in the casting department must have owed Hamilton a favor.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET