Home

Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most?

Posted By: SC

Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/26/05 09:52 PM

We've had two polls recently regarding Vito's children. We got some interesting results and reasoning. In this poll I'm curious about who your favorite sibling is, and why.
Posted By: SC

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/26/05 10:04 PM

My vote goes to Sonny.

Sure, his temper was his downfall, but I think he's the big brother we all want. He's fiercely loyal and protective of his family and nothing would change that. To illustrate this think of Connie getting beat up by Carlo and Sonny's reaction to that. Vito himself would not interfere with his daughter's marital issues but Sonny could not allow his sister to suffer any physical abuse. I admire that.

Sonny had a big heart (i.e. bringing Tom home off the streets). I admire that.

He had his faults but emotionally I like his character.
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/26/05 11:55 PM

I, too, chose Sonny. Mainly because, Sonny is my big brother. My brother had a bad temper but a warm heart and every time I watch the movie I think of my brother and my relationship with him. Mt brother, sadly, is deceased now and I think the greatest tribute to him is Caan's portrayal of Sonny in The Godfather.

Sonny seemed to be the nicest of all of the characters. I even found him to be a little nicer then his father (i.e. Vito refused to get involved in Connie's marriage because it wasn't his business vs. Sonny beat the sh*t out of Carlo). Of all of the characters, I would have liked to see him the most in the following movies, but his death was appropriate to his personality. He died, in short because of his temper, but it was really because he was defending his family.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 12:16 AM

I voted for Sonny also. For exactly the same reasons that are mentioned above. Me, I like a guy who is loyal, protective of his family, has a big heart, but won't take any shit from anybody! His temper got him into trouble. Look at how he lashes out a Tom and then immedeatly says " I'm sorry, I didn't mean that...." He is sincere in everything that he does, be it kicking somebody's ass, or taking care of his loved ones, he is 100% either way!

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 12:37 AM

I'd have to go with Michael; he was the most intelligent, by far, and seemed to pick up a handful of traits from the Don. Although, he is the last person I would go to for relationship advice...
Posted By: svsg

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 03:57 AM

I admire Michael Corleone; I respect michael corleone; but I would never trust michael corleone - said in the voice of pentangeli smile

My vote goes to sonny for the same reasons stated by others.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 07:13 AM

My vote went for Micheal.

But now that I think about it I probably should've chosen Sonny as I'm a lot like him. I'm extremely protective of my family, and just like Sonny I have a bad temper.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 08:46 AM

I voted Michael. He is the deepest and the most tragical character. The other siblings are just side roles. Very well depicted, yes, but nothing comparable to Michael's gigantic personality who stands alone in the trilogy.

I got sympathetic feelings for Fredo, as well.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 09:00 AM

Again i voted for Sonny as i thought he played the best part,just a shame he wasn't in the film longer smile
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 10:20 AM

I woted for Michael. He's the smartest, the coldest, and winner by nature. I like strong persons, even if they are bad - can't help it. wink
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 01:56 PM

I will stir things up a bit here and vote for Connie.

Here's why.

The family was always a patriarchal organization in which women played virtually no role whatsoever. The character of Connie over the course of the three films goes from the girlish bride swooning over Johnny Fontaine, to the abused spouse "spoiled guinea brat," to the person indirectly responsible for setting up Sonny, to an irresponsible mother and slut, and then grows to become arguably Michael's closest confidante and aide. It is she who orders the hit on Zasa, and it is she who poisons Altobello. She is the first Corleone woman to partake in hits. She is also the keeper of the dark secret of Fredo's murder by Michael as we see in the scene in GFIII when Michael tells her he went to confession.

It is also she who ushers Vincent into the family business and ensures his place as Michael's successor.

For sheer growth and development as a character, I give her the nod.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 02:05 PM

I chose Sonny as well. James Caan's performance in GFI was my favorite of all performances in the trilogy (followed close by Brando and Cazale). I never had a big brother, and Sonny was, in my opinion, the perfect big brother. Perfect business man? No! Good Don? No! Big brother? You couldn't ask for a better one. I've always enjoyed his character for that reason.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/27/05 06:31 PM

My order is Tom, Sonny, then Michael, Connie, and Fredo far behind.
Posted By: Lauren8

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/28/05 05:38 AM

I voted Sonny, best character in any film, ever, my personal favorite. I loved every moment he is on screen.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/28/05 06:58 AM

Gotta love Santino.

Big heart, big mouth, big.......
Posted By: goombah

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/28/05 02:58 PM

Originally posted by plawrence:
Gotta love Santino.

Big heart, big mouth, big.......
lol Dare I say "unit"

I would vote for Sonny for the reasons listed above.

I'm betting that Mary would have voted for Vincent. tongue
Posted By: jordyallen101

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/29/05 01:58 PM

santino am the best; no doubt about it! I dont care if he was hot headed. People say it's his downfall but thats why I realy liked him. If anyone had beef with him he would blow their brains over his nice Ivy League Suit. I just thought it was so great the way he did things and he was the king of fighting.
You cant realy call him hot headed though for going after carlo. I would do the same if someone was dishing out beats to my sister. But vito wouldnt have done anything to protect connie from carlo and i was so pissed off and glad santino gave him a beating. Santino was and is my favourite charecter. I dont think they killed Carlo slow enough. frown
Posted By: KuntaCorleone

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 04/30/05 06:18 PM

Michael, I guess.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 05/01/05 01:09 PM

Who voted for connie then smile
Posted By: Debz

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 05/01/05 03:57 PM

My Vote went for Micheal. His character drew me in more than the others smile
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 05/01/05 06:56 PM

Another fan of Sonnys here I cant really add much more other than to agree with the reasons already given for Sonny above smile
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 05/01/05 08:53 PM

Poor Fredo ohwell
Posted By: Debz

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 05/01/05 10:24 PM

I know he was the 'shmartest' rolleyes
Posted By: Al.Neri

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 05/02/05 03:58 PM

I really like Tom, Michael and Sonny. Tom is played beautifully by Robert Duvall and I really think there is more to Tom than we see in the films. How does he really feel when Michael says he is not a "war time" consigliere and so on?

I like Michael as well. His development from the start of I to the third movie. Al Pacino does a great job. Just imagine yourself Robert Redford in this role!

Sonny is not a good Don according to Vito, but he's a great character. Some temper! The scene where he beats up Carlo is just magnificent. It's actually (perhaps not a suprise) doned in Simpsons as well in an episode where Marge starts bodybuilding.

Fredo is not my favorite, neither is Conny. Both are interesting, but they are not as good as the other three.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 05/02/05 04:19 PM

Tom...he's smart and intelligent...and he's the consiglieri...the place I would like to have when I would join the mob smile
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 05/03/05 07:56 PM

micheal for me i'm geting more like him every day
cold and cold and always out thinking my foes
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Which of the Siblings Do You Like Most? - 05/03/05 08:20 PM

I'm with the majority here... I like Sonny for basically all the reasons mentioned...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET