Home

Closest of corleone siblings

Posted By: svsg

Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 12:17 PM

Recently there was a thread on sibling rivalry. Along the same lines, which 2 of the siblings were closest in your opinion?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 12:34 PM

I voted for Michael and Tom as the closest of the lot as they had been through and do so much together smile thats just my opinon
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 12:43 PM

Prior to his death, easily Sonny & Tom.

Michael never really got close to anyone until Connie in III.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 12:54 PM

I would have to say Michael and Connie. Sonny and Tom a close second. Michael and Connie became close in the middle of GFII and as time went on they became extremely close by GFIII. IMHO Their's was a much closer relationship than any of the other sibling combos.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: goombah

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 01:01 PM

I said Sonny & Tom. Especially in the novel - when Tom is set free by Sollozzo, it is Sonny who rushes up to see him. Michael thinks that Tom is closer than Michael can ever hope to be with his own flesh & blood brother.

I agree with Plaw - Michael was never close with anyone once he came back from Sicily. He doesn't really get tight with Connie until the 3rd film and I think that's only by default. By default, I mean that she's the last one left of Fredo, Sonny & Tom by the time of GFIII.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 01:31 PM

Michael loved Sonny but was not close to him. He also kept a distance from Tom, and Fredo....well Fredo was.....so the answer is Connie. In II she moved back in to "take care of him" and by III she was as close to the inner councils of the family as anyone. She was certainly the only woman who sat in on planning sessions, let alone get involved in a hit (the cannoli at the opera)
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 01:52 PM

Originally posted by dontomasso:
Michael loved Sonny but was not close to him. He also kept a distance from Tom, and Fredo....well Fredo was.....so the answer is Connie.
I totally agree. They had their conflicts, yet they were closer than the other siblings. Even though Michael wasn't really CLOSE to any of his siblings, IMO.

let alone get involved in a hit (the cannoli at the opera)
yeah....one of the stupidiest of the many stupidities of GFIII! grin

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 02:10 PM

Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[b] let alone get involved in a hit (the cannoli at the opera)
yeah....one of the stupidiest of the many stupidities of GFIII! grin [/b]
How horrible was Eli Wallach in that whole Cannoli/Death scene! rolleyes My God! confused How UNCONVINCING was he when he was supposed to be dying!?!? rolleyes

Don Cardi cool

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 02:13 PM

grin [/qb][/QUOTE]How horrible was Eli Wallach in that whole Cannoli/Death scene! rolleyes My God! confused How UNCONVINCING was he when he was supposed to be dying!?!? rolleyes

Don Cardi cool [/QB][/QUOTE]

DC, he was equally unconvincing with all those unnecessary hand gestures when he presented Michael with the check and when he "conveniently" left the room in Atlantic City.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 02:40 PM

Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[ How UNCONVINCING was he when he was supposed to be dying!?!? rolleyes

Don Cardi cool
How unconvincing was Wallach in each and every scene? He was a worse disaster than Sofia. eek
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 02:44 PM

Michael loved Sonny but was not close to him. He also kept a distance from Tom, and Fredo....well Fredo was.....so the answer is Connie.
I don't think Michael was capable of being close to anyone. Connie certainly tried to be close to him at the end of II and in III, but I didn't see much reciprocity. Fredo, alas, was portrayed as such a sap in GF and II that it's hard to know who he was closest to. I'm with plaw on this one: Sonny and Tom, and for the same reasons he cites.

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 02:56 PM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
[b] [ How UNCONVINCING was he when he was supposed to be dying!?!? rolleyes

Don Cardi cool
How unconvincing was Wallach in each and every scene? He was a worse disaster than Sofia. eek [/b]
lol so true! An injustice to many of his other roles! But I'll still take his role as Altobello over Hamilton's role eek anyday!

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 04:28 PM

My answer is Sonny and Tom. All I think about the siblings I wrote in the siblings thread.
And this is the best, hottest and most enjoyable discussion of GF3 that I saw recently: WHAT (WHO) WAS WORSE in this movie! grin
You're right, the best thing to discuss about it, if not the only... wink
Posted By: Debz

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 05:46 PM

I think Tom and Sonny had the closest bond smile
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/26/05 09:07 PM

Sonny and Connie
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/27/05 01:55 AM

I voted Tom - Sonny because of their constant arguments during GFI. Although they were constantly onto each other, one can tell they'd be the first in line to help the other out when in danger. However, I could have easily voted Connie - Fredo. This relationship is detectable in Part II as Michael's about to whack Fredo, Connie comes forward, in Fredo's defense. They were two members who were kind of outside the family's affairs, giving them something in common. I imagine while growing up, Connie and Fredo spent some time together, while the others were off involved with something.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/27/05 05:25 AM

Definetly Tom and Sonny. Michael wouldent allow himself to become close to anyone.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/27/05 07:07 AM

I would have to say Michael and Connie. Sonny and Tom a close second. Michael and Connie became close in the middle of GFII and as time went on they became extremely close by GFIII. IMHO Their's was a much closer relationship than any of the other sibling combos.

Don Cardi cool
I agree with the esteemed Don Cardi on this one.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/28/05 03:35 PM

As I discussed in another thread, Michael had anger towards Tom, more than Love. So, I say Sonny and Tom. Despite their bickerings during Sonny's brief stint as Don.

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/28/05 07:48 PM

I have said elsewhere I think Mike and Connie in the way their relationship grew, and she became a force in the family.

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/29/05 01:28 AM

Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Sonny and Connie
Don Smitty-

Interesting! I would really like to hear you reason for picking these two.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: jordyallen101

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/29/05 02:05 PM

i dnt reali kno bout this 1 but Sonny seemed fond of his lil sister.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Closest of corleone siblings - 04/30/05 07:26 AM

Originally posted by Turnbull:
[b] [ How UNCONVINCING was he when he was supposed to be dying!?!? rolleyes

Don Cardi cool
How unconvincing was Wallach in each and every scene? He was a worse disaster than Sofia. eek [/b]
I was going back over this thread and totally missed this. blush

Yeah Eli was bad in GFIII. And I thought he did a good job as "The Ugly" lol in The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET