Home

THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres

Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/28/07 03:45 AM

Who saw either, if not, BOTH in theatres in their original releases?
Posted By: Mignon

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/28/07 04:12 AM

I never seen any of them in the theatres. I came to the GF movies late in life.
Posted By: ErikPflueger

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/28/07 04:21 AM

I caught Part I in the theater during the anniversary re-release, 1996 I'm guessing, but by then I had seen every version there was available on video. That was just sheer indulgence for me, and it was sweet. \:\)
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/28/07 08:43 AM

I saw all three, in theaters, during their initial runs.
Posted By: SC

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/28/07 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I saw all three, in theaters, during their initial runs.

Same for me.
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/28/07 10:37 AM

I only saw GF in its intial release. I remember the film being a really "blockbuster" at the time, with long lines at all showings.
Posted By: olivant

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/29/07 10:22 PM

I saw I&III in the theater, but for the life of me I can't remember if I saw II there also or on TV.

But after tonight, I am enforcing a several months Trilogy sabbatical on myself. Viewing the Trilogy so many times in such a short period is like drinking your eigth Coke during an afternoon. I need a break. Besides, my wife has started to watch also ... and she's taking notes.
Posted By: johnny ola

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/30/07 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I saw I&III in the theater, but for the life of me I can't remember if I saw II there also or on TV.

But after tonight, I am enforcing a several months Trilogy sabbatical on myself. Viewing the Trilogy so many times in such a short period is like drinking your eigth Coke during an afternoon. I need a break. Besides, my wife has started to watch also ... and she's taking notes.

Yea, I am about ready to overdose myself, but I just can't stop watching. I keep wanting to see if they keep making the same mistakes.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/30/07 03:55 AM

I'll watch it everytime it comes on. Well almost evrytime it comes on. Especially the ones with the deleted scenes.
Posted By: Carson_Corleone

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 07/30/07 03:59 AM

I have Part I and II on DVD, The Saga on my DVR, yet I was channel-hopping and landed on part II on AMC and sat through the commmercials
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 08/01/07 06:37 AM

Well I was way to young to see either of them in the theatre as I was only 3-4 when Part 1 came out & either 5-6 when Part 2 came out.

First rented them back in 1987 or 1988, man has it been that long? boy I feel old.
Posted By: lucylu

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 08/07/07 11:13 PM

I saw both I & II as original releases in theatres.
Posted By: ApolloniaVitelliCorleone

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 08/09/07 05:18 AM

Believe it or not I saw GF1 at a drive in with my parents when I was 7. Sonny being shot freaked me out so much we had to leave, my folks were very young as well and did not realize how violent it was, as I recall the horse's head scene was pretty traumatizing too.

I didn't see it again until I was in my 20's and saw GF2 as well, been hooked ever since. Still need to read the books tho. I only recently saw the Saga with the deleted scenes.
Posted By: 45ACP

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 08/09/07 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: ApolloniaVitelliCorleone
Believe it or not I saw GF1 at a drive in with my parents when I was 7. Sonny being shot freaked me out so much we had to leave, my folks were very young as well and did not realize how violent it was, as I recall the horse's head scene was pretty traumatizing too.

I didn't see it again until I was in my 20's and saw GF2 as well, been hooked ever since. Still need to read the books tho. I only recently saw the Saga with the deleted scenes.

Don't feel bad. My folks made me go to bed at 9:00 pm when "The Untouchables" was coming on back in the late 50's. They thought it was too violent for my innocent eyes and ears.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: THE GODFATHER & PART II In Theatres - 08/09/07 01:47 PM

Saw every one of them in a theater on the day of release. Saw Godfather I matinee, and stayed in the theater and watched it over again the same day.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET